Jon Gosselin Ordered to Return $180,000

10/13/2009 3:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Jon Gosselin has been ordered to return $180,000 in marital funds, which were removed in violation of an arbitrator's order.

jon & kate gosselin

According to Kate's lawyer, Mark Momjian, "The remaining sum of $55,000, which Ms. Gosselin used for household bills and expenses relating to the children, will be subject to further determination by the arbitrator at a later date."

Jon is required to repay the loot by October 26 -- the next hearing -- or appear before the judge for a contempt proceeding.

The judge also ordered Kate to provide an accounting of past expenses -- also due by Oct. 26.

Kate says, "As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children. Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues."

sensible grandma

Hope this will now shut Jon up. He tried to make Kate out to be a liar, and she wasn't. The other $55,000 is up in the air until Kate can submit additional info that Jon misused the funds. We will have to wait and see what happens. I hope Kate can come forth with the additional info so that Jon has to repay the $55,000 also. Would like to see how he is going to repay the money. Maybe his gal pal will ante up for him. Oh, I know, he can just keep appearing on all the entertainment shows . I'm sure he gets paid a good penny by them.

newswatcher

i don't really care for these two people; but i do know this: THEY HAVE A BUNCH OF KIDS TO FEED AND CLOTH; AND UTILITY BILLS. so therefore i think that Jon is an ass. the mother needs money in the bank to take care of the kids while he is out making a fool of himself in the public. Really! what kind of father would swipe money out of the account like that!!!! I realize she is always out in public too; but taking the money out of the account IS like taking food out of your kids' mouths.

Tammy

Ok, Did any of you stop to think that Jon might have been allowed to take a specified amount out of the account for living expences, or that some of what he took out was before the arbitration order not to remove any was in place. That could be the difference of $50,000. He did say in one interveiw that he and Kate were both supposed to pay 7,500.00 of their monthy paycheck toward household and children's expenses. If his monthly paycheck was 22,000.00 and he withdrew the difference, he would be allowed 14,500 each month. He would have been allowed to withdraw around 50,000 for 31/2 months of pay. Kate was always allowed to use the account for bills, and expences concerning the children. They did not say that Kate had to pay back $55,000.00. They said that the arbitrator needed more time to go through all those receipts to determine if they are all legitimate. If they were not for household expences and the children, she will have to pay some back.

chocolate

TMZ SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FULGY

35. I am telling ya! Kate is pulling all this court crap because she wants to manipulate Jon in to resuming the show! THRILLED she has to account for all the $$$! She may have just forced herself into an uncomfortable position. She was claiming Jon took $230K? Let's see, $180K & $55K (that Kate must return) = $235K. She must be confused.....

Posted at 2:47PM on Oct 13th 2009 by Mazers

I agree with you, and I think TLC is paying for her attorney too.

A Mom

Do ya think he panicked when his name was removed from the marquee, so he decided to grab the money she uses to look after herself and the kids and run? Unbelievable.

Katie

Yay for Kate: yes or no. How about a "I don't give a crap either way".

GPM

Basically the judge just doesn't know how much to order Kate to return because she still hasn't submitted an accounting of either the first $130,000 to $155,000 she withdrew (which was required on August 24th - talk about contempt of court) or the additional $55,000 she took. Hopefully in ordering Kate to provide an accounting of past expenses the judge referred in his order to the entire $1 million Kate has withdrawn over the last 18 months.

Oh Please

I don't understand it, Kate has said they have a Household account that is strictly for bills, kids house, its like $15,000 a month (both put in 7500 each a month) blah blah blah. How on earth did she have more then that $15000 in bills in one month to have to pull out another $55,000? $15000 is almost as much if not more then some single people make in an entire year and in a span of one month (we'll say 2 for her sake) she needed a total of $70,000 for bills alone? Give me a friggin break, something is very fishy there. If shes paying for her own personal items like her new SUV out of that account then Jon should be able too as well, we all know if Jon turned around and said I need $50,000 Kate sign here she'd tell him right where to go. I guarantee once he returns that money, half is gone again on "bills"

Tammy

#60 She's been paying bills with that account for months...... Use your head! She didn't have any money left for THIS months bills! Believe it or not, those bills come every month! You don't pay an electric bill and expect to use electrcity for the rest of you life. Duh!

suzy

I LOVE YOU KATE YOU ARE MY IDOL

dawn

I have a large family myself, but it sure as hell doesn't cost $15,000 a month to feed, clothe & shelter them!! Then again, I don't have a gym membership for myself, go tanning, go to salons to get my hair done, or have french manicures. I'm the kind of mom who actually puts my kids FIRST, who goes without so her kids have what they need. Both of these "parents" are incredibly selfish and need to take parenting classes. I'm sure they both love their children, but the way they're behaving proves (to the world) that they each only have their OWN interests at heart, not their kids. Kate especially likes to put a spin on everything, but it's always "I have to look out for ME" (THEN "...and the kids"). When we see either of the "adults" show up for an "appearance" and the kids look good but they don't, where THEY didn't get their makeup done or spent $100s ($1000s) on their own outfits, that'd be a start at them being better parents. Better yet, STAY OUT OF THE PUBLIC EYE!! We really don't care about either of you, we all want you to shut the hell up, fade into obscurity, and start taking care of your kids!! No, Kate, the state of PA should NOT have to take care of your family, YOU DO! Quit your bitching, get a real job (both of you), and start thinking about your kids. Go away. Please.

D.L.G.

go away...............just go away.......please go away and stay away.......who gives a damn about your insanity

shirliana

#14 i I agree with you... John hasnt been paid for four years for the TLC program... HE IS ENTITLED TO GET PAID..

KATE WHERE IS THE 2 MILLION DOLLARS THAT JOHN MENTIONED ON ET????????????? YEAH...YOU ARE HIDING IT,....U ARE SUCH A LIER WHEN U WENT ON THE TODAY SHOW STATING THAT U HAD ONLY 1000.00 TO UR NAME... I AM HAPPY THAT ON THE SAME DAY JOHN WENT ON ET AND WAS INTERVIEWED BY MARY AND LOOKED AT THE CAMERA AND ASKED U WHERE THE 2 MILLION WAS??????????? U SURE DID NOT MENTION THAT ON THE TODAY SHOW,,, I FEEL SO SORRY FOR THOSE KIDS.

KATE, I DO NOT BELIEVE A WORD U SAY,... THAT'S THAT...

JOHN FIGHT TO GET PAID.........................

Lucille

I agree with Jerry (33), JD (42), and SharlaPeri (45); these three comments sum it up I a nutshell.