Jon Gosselin Ordered to Return $180,000

10/13/2009 3:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Jon Gosselin has been ordered to return $180,000 in marital funds, which were removed in violation of an arbitrator's order.

jon & kate gosselin

According to Kate's lawyer, Mark Momjian, "The remaining sum of $55,000, which Ms. Gosselin used for household bills and expenses relating to the children, will be subject to further determination by the arbitrator at a later date."

Jon is required to repay the loot by October 26 -- the next hearing -- or appear before the judge for a contempt proceeding.

The judge also ordered Kate to provide an accounting of past expenses -- also due by Oct. 26.

Kate says, "As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children. Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues."

SATC

LEAVE JON ALONE, DON'T ANYONE WATCH THE SHOW AND HOW MEAN SHE IS
NOT JUST TO JON AND HER KIDS, SHE IS JUST MEAN TO EVERYDAY PEOPLE SHE YELLS AT EVERYONE.

shoot1

Jon: I lied to cover up my theft. Hoped all would attack Kate for wanting my money back. I am entitled to the money, dont care about the kids and the bills I want my money, Kates and the kids money. Mine, mine, its all mine. I deserve it for putting up with 8 kids and I want freedom. I want Hailey, booze drugs and a nice condo. If I could I would take more money from my kids, but the courts wont allow me access. NOT FAIR I'm Jon and I deserve it.

The judge gave him what he rightly deserves. Pay back within 14 days or your in contempt.

Skymom

11 accounts do not mean that there are 11 accounts that can be accessed to withdraw money. Some of the accounts maybe investment accounts, and probably off limits right now because....Hello, they are getting a divorce. So there is this one joint account apparently subject to accounting (a good thing)and can be used during the divorce and apparently Jon has withdrawn $180K more than he was supposed to. Maybe they decided to give him the other $50K for right now.

Bubba Gump

C'mon people, they made over a million during the past 12 months. Is she the only one that's allowed to spend that money? Has evryone forgotten about her and her "bodyguard"? They're both money grubbing media-whores. It's all just a way to build up the "franchise" without getting pregnant again.

Carol

If you read the whole article, it states that Kate used 55k that's why Jon only had to return 180k. Anyway, Jon stopped the show because he's selfish, childish, and if he doesn't get paid, then like a child, no one will get anything. I have zero respect for this sad excuse for a man and I totally understand why Kate treated him the way she did. Kate was married to a little boy so she treated him like one. The divorce has shown Jon's true colors. Jon is the biggest tool I've ever seen. Jon even said he withdrew, his paycheck from the show so who cares about the kids right? I'm glad Kate won.

Mom of 5

Didn't he go on like every TV show and say I only took 22,00 that was like my paycheck...He is such a f...... liar. They are making him return 180,000 of the 230,000. I guess he found receipts for 55,000 oh please. You cant believe a word he says

truth

Jon should get paid for 4 years? Are you kidding? He has four-wheelers, tractors,a new Mercedes delivered the first of Sept.,and he got the benefits that came with doing that show. They got trips galore and he didn't look too depressed on those ski trips now did he? Kate hasn't been seen at Ivy's in LA (which stars only go there to get seen), Kate didn't go the the French Riviera and you don't see her with boy toys. Jon is a useless whiner. He says he wants privacy but goes to the fence during the twins birthday to update the papparazi. He says he wants to be friends but he calls Kate more names than she ever has him. He was out of work when the 6 were born and she is the one who worked and worried. Hailey deserves just what she's getting, nothing. Those kids will know that their parents basically broadcast this divorce on billboards to get the one up on each other. They will see their dad's knuckle dragging neanderthal with the bad hair piece lawyer forever and will even have trouble explaining this to their own children. My kids have a father with no ambition who has a Masters Degree that I worked to get him. He works at Lowes! They are grown and have nothing to do with their dad because of the way he treated me and spoke so bad about me all these years. Now they realize who had to teach them to shave, talk about sex, tell them no and discipline them. Jon's kids will see this too once they have kids of their own. he man win a few battles along the way and get to punish Kate, but in the end he won't win the war. He will lose his family. No one deserves it more! Go see Lindsay's papa Jonboy.

Arch

Kate lovers, here's the fact:

Kate and her lawyer accused Jon of stealing $230,000 on 10-01-09 that is why Jon went on TV stating that he only took $22,000 out on 10-01-09 and his receipt proved him right.

Another thing that Kate lovers are forgetting and that is, Jon admitted to taking $177,000 from the account. He wasn't sure of the amount, but guess what, $177,000 is closer to $180,000 than $230,000.

Regardless if Kate lovers want to admit this or not. Kate is a liar. She said, her husband took $230,000. Why did perfect Kate forget that she withdrew $55,000 to pay bills. She was trying to make it seem as if Jon took all that money. How much she hates her husband.

Brittany

ok!! i used to love this show but now its so obvious that BOTH jon and kate or KON just care about themselves. $$$ is all they seen when they had those babies. kate has always just been worried about her self and jon used to be sensible but not so much anymore. so i think all the money should go into on account for the kids and someone else should be hired to pay bills, etc.. not these two dumbass ppl. kate needs to go get a real job hello she is a nurse its not that hard sell the house and move back into the other one that is still for sell.. and jon umm wendys is hiring!!! DUMB!!!!!!!!!

bebe

Wait didn't he go on tv and say I SWEAR I DID NOT TAKE THE MONEY and it was Kate who did not keep good records? I think that was him..... I thought he was the one who said I am doing this for MY KIDS. Wow so he took the money for why? Oh wait FOR HIS KIDS. Well that shows what he really meant on Larry King.

truth

Hey Arch!

Jon only admitted to taking $22,000. Kate does the shopping, laundry, bill paying and isn't whoring around. She's not perfect but she had a loser husband who acted like a child.
Jon is the liar who told women in LA that he is bigger than Paris Hilton. He's so full of himself it is pathetic.

HasBeens

These people are alive but they need someone to dole out the money to them like Michael Jackson's will did to his family. Both are losers, but in the case I go with Kate. She has custody of the kids, she needs the money money. Yeah, he probably deserves some, but not ALL of it! Kate's ass is next though!

FiFi LaRue

RE: 97 ( truth)

Amen.....and I'll raise ya a hallelujah!

tink11

Prediction 1- Jon will give the money back ONLY AFTER resigning to continue the show to GIVE THE MONEY BACK..

Prediction 2- Jon will have to pay Kate spousal & child support

Prediction 3- He will try to BEG to stay with Kate ONLY because she is his MONEY TICKET.. Yes people, she DOES work..

Prediction 4- Sell his NY bachelor pad.. Awe

Prediction 5- BUH BYEEEEEE Hailey! skank!

Either that, OR he will go live with his new sugar/butt daddy Lohan

Its a toss up!

nick

Listen to the sheep repeating what tmz is feeding. The Jon is always wrong kate is the poor victim. Did jon make some mistakes and go against a court order sure but Kate just like every other money hungry woman out there hind a huge chunk of change and thinks because she is a woman that she should get a larger portion.
It was her idea that Jon quit his job and help her with the kids along with the nanny, her sister and all of the others. What it comes down to is she wants to run every thing and when Jon finnally stood up for himself she couldn't handle it. If you want to track the money look at kate look at what she has done.