Trump Fires Back -- Tilda's 'Hanging by a Thread'

10/13/2009 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tilda Swinton is completely irrelevant ... at least according to Donald Trump.

Donald Trump

The Donald has just released the following statement regarding the Oscar winner's attempt to stop Trump from developing a golf course in Scotland ... but for Trump, the statement is surprisingly tame:

"Where was Tilda Swinton three years ago when everyone else was petitioning? She's a little late in the game don't you think?

Swinton is a part of a tiny little group of people who are hanging by a thread. 93% of the public in Scotland are in favor of the project. I have all of my permits and approvals and we're going to start construction in 3 weeks."

We're guessing she won't be on "Celebrity Apprentice" anytime soon...

lili

She's a formidable actress, however shows no judgment. She was one who was demanding to have Roman Polanski released. Clearly too much time on her hands...

alex

I am so tired of this man belittling every woman who happens to disagree with him. enough already. why can't he just go away and play bridge with warren and bill. v,v insecure little man.

CriticAl

Another golf course in Scotland? Just what they need. Here's another bright idea, Trump...how about a casino in Las Vegas?

sickofittoo

Tilda Swinton is one of THE most talented actresses ever!
She also has quite an interesting personal life shared with not one but two men and they all get along fabulously!
She can pull off drama and comedy , no easy feat.
Plugging for Polanski I can see her reasoning why , although I do not condone a pediphile raping a child , I do admire Polanski's talent as a filmmaker.
Back to Swinton though , she has the chops to stand up to Trump.
What I greatly adore about The Dinald is that he stands up to anyone and everyone and I use that model to not take chit from anyone that attempts to sabotage me in any way.
I like 'em both and hopes this plays out to an amicable solution for all involved .

sickofittoo

Actually , she can be quite beautiful.
She is wildly talented, truly one of the best actresses out there.
Loved her in Michael Clayton and laughed my azz off in Burn After Reading, then there's Julia, The Beach , etc.
She rocks!

ARTOFWAR

IN REPLY TO EASTWOOD #14 YOU STATED:

You can cry "Til da" cows come home, Tilda. Trump will bowl over anyone that gets in his way. He already got the go ahead from the country and he will do just that
-------------------------------------------

Yadda, yadda, yadda.

Donald Trump knows who he can as you put it (bawl over,) and get away with his tactics.
In other words he knows the people he can easily bully.

However, better yet he knows the people he cannot.
Because if there's one thing that Donald Trump does know very well, is that corpses don't bully anyone. (Nuff Said)... ARTOFWAR

Trooper Tom

I am sick of trump and his bullying any one who gets in his way. Its just one more spot on the world he is gonna to take over and make sure every day people can't use

anonymouse

Tilda Swinton is a blight on humanity! here she is complaining about a golf course in Scotland, yet she thinks it's ok for 13 yr old girls to be raped? she supports a man who drugged a 13 yr old girl and then forced her to have sex against her will? Tilda "pedophile lover" Swinton and Roman Polanski can both go to h*ll.

dinky

Guys its not just a golf course Trump is building (and yes scotland has plenty of them!) Its a sports complex and houses.
I live around 7 miles from the proposed site. I havent signed any petition...my opinion on signing is whats the point?!!! To be honest building a golf course and sports complex with housing is just what this area needs.It will bring Jobs to this area and will boost Aberdeenshires economy. BUT I do not agree with Trump in the way he is treating decent Human beings. These people who have lived in their homes at the site for a long time do not want to move!!! Why does trump have the right to kick them out??? Its just wrong!

Here is his planning application link from Aberdeenshire Council -

TallThinMan

THE DONALD IS DISGUSTING AND HERE ARE SOME REASONS WHY....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2