Leona Lewis Attacked in London

10/14/2009 1:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With tears still pouring down her face, pop star Leona Lewis left a book signing in London this afternoon -- after someone allegedly slapped the "Happy" singer in the face.

0921_media_removed_britney
Witnesses tell the BBC that someone "slapped" and "punched" the pop singer inside the Waterstone's Piccadilly Circus bookstore in front of a crowd of people.

Police tell TMZ they arrested a 29-year-old man on suspicion of assault and Lewis was taken to a hospital as a precaution.

A rep for Leona confirms the incident, telling us: "Leona was the victim of an unprovoked attack. The police were called immediately and medical attention has been sought. Leona is understandably shaken and apologizes to the fans she was unable to meet and complete signings."

why?

jFp;: you are out of line and ignorant, keep your stupidity to yourself and go talk to your teddybears.

Anyways, where are the bodyguards and she should have took off her heels and beat him on the face with them. This reminds to keep my daughter in self-defense classes and teach her to injure anyone
that would try to physically harm her. I think celebs need to arm themselves in public. I hope she finds strength in this incident.

Just sayin'

You forgot the funniest thing Tmz! She was doing a book signing of her auto biography!!! LMAO!! An auto biography of a 20 something!!

captnenglish

Hitting a woman is not ok, hitting a woman like Leona Lewis is a killing offence

Bella M

suzy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Brittney

Don't be douches, people. She is a sweet shy girl...

It's not like Chris Brown got hit - that I would pay to see...

mia

Some of the misogynist comments here are really disturbing. The posters are in need of psychiatric treatment. George Sodinis in the making.

Gina

BAHAHAHAHAH - I find it rather comical. She sucks! I freakin' hate that song "bleeding love" or whatever the hell it is called. I w/love to know why the guy hit her. Probably cause her songs frustrate him & irritate him to no end! LOL - Awwww poor baby, she got slapped & c/not stay around for her fans......get a grip woman - you s/have hit the guy back - that is if you weren't such a whimp! BTW - LOVE what #8 said! LOL - Now THAT is funny!

Kim

X17online says that she got punched in the head by some man. Slapped, punched, will we ever know the real story? All these gossip sites have similar stories, but different.

cll003

What is wrong with people! Leona has done nothing but share her beautiful voice with us all. What was this idiot thinking to want to hurt and upset her. Get a life pal!

ARTOFWAR

Probably just some guy she had a one night stand with, that she now no longer returns his phone calls.

Either that or this guy really, really hates this girl's singing attributes... ARTOFWAR

Skank

Sorry this isn't funny but the story made me LAUGH OUT LOUD!

mugadoon

I can't stand her! I think she is a poor man's version of an early Mariah Carey. Her voice drives me nuts, and that damn "Bleeding Love" song makes me want to poke out my eardrums with an ice pick. Having said that... what happened to her is absolutely horrible. I wish she would have knocked the crap out of that guy, who would have completely deserved it.

This world is just going bananas. Wanna bet one of his friends was videotaping it so he could put the assault on YouTube?

Extravagantly-Creative

NOT COOL !!

Regardless, if he was mentally ill - NOT COOL !!

Exact reason why Celebrities & Public Figures surround themselves with multiple Bodyguards . . . .

Cuz, you never know who is out there lurking around/ waiting to pounce !!

chrisa

QUOTING #16 AKA LOLA: "good she proubley disserved it i would have done it she proubley keeps bleeding love....not shes a bicth"
Posted at 2:56PM on Oct 14th 2009 by lola

MY GOD!!! if there ever was a reason for birth control...you're it! your spelling is outrageous and makes evident, just how shockingly stupid you are.

honestly, how do you get through life?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments