Soulja Boy Exposes the Family Jewels

10/14/2009 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In what may be considered one of the dumbest displays of wealth of all time, Soulja Boy just showed the entire planet that he keeps tens of thousands of dollars in an unprotected shoe box in his apartment.

Oh yeah -- did we mention he was just robbed back in December?

Soulja Boy: Click to watch
SB just posted the arrogant rant on his Twitter page, in response to the story we ran yesterday -- that the rapper's landlord accused him of owing nearly $10,000 in unpaid bills.

So, feeling the need to prove his worth, Soulja whipped out a cache of cheesy-but-expensive jewelry and wads upon wads of $100 bills while one of his friends gave the following play-by-play: "wow .... wow ... wow ... wow."

Hopefully, SB takes a few of those unprotected bills and invests in a bodyguard.

gog

JUST ANOTHER STUPID NOBODY

Sniglet

This is why blacks shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Karolein

He's a "boy" alright. A real man wouldn't feel the need to front like that, and would take responsibility and pay his bills!

Just sayin'

"Yeah cause money and jewelry bring happiness, right? That's why all those rappers do drugs, cause they are so happy with their lives."
_________________________________________________________________

# 73. Good point and very true. Most celebs aren't even happy with their lives. They think money will make them happy but all it does is pay the bills not fill the empty whole in your life.

Jena

Ugh, I can't stand this guy. He's tacky and gross.

Jena

At this point he's just asking to be robbed.

Violet

There are two types of people in this world: Spoiled and Jealous. Which one are you? :-D

Karen F. from Chicago

Stupid, stupid, stupid i wonder where will he be in 5 years i am sure he hasn't given that a thought :(

why?

I had so much to say, but decided not to waste my time.

B-Dub

I knew that boy was mentally ill

RickJ909

Personally I don't even think any of the money or jewelry is real. First let's talk about the actual money he's making. I've never seen his contract but most musicians take years and multiple HIT albums before they even have enough clout to fight for a good recording contract, let alone actually start making real money. Trust me record companies pass on hot new acts with good songs all the time because the artist won't sign their "screw job" contracts where the label rapes the artists for the first album or two. Right now the way the music industry is going down the tubes do you seriously think they gave SoulJa Boy the kind of contract where he's making tons and tons of money? I doubt it! Yeah I know touring pays well but again most BIG rap acts tour for years before they get the big money.

Secondly, all that jewelry looks fake to me and even if it's not do you seriously think he paid what he says he paid. I doubt it! In the video he showed about $1 million dollars worth of jewelry and that's just what he showed on the video. How many people even wealthy people do you know (if you know any) that can buy $1 million dollars worth of jewelry, not stocks, not a home, not cars, JEWELRY??? I'm in the entertainment industry and I know some wealth people and I can count on one hand the amount of people I know that can or will spend $1 million on jewelry alone. Most people that really can afford to spend $1 million on jewelry alone don't, there to busy putting it into money making investments. If by chance they do spend that kind of money on jewelry it's usually for some rare collectibles not something that says "Money Gang" or a diamond toy car that they wear as a necklace. Yeah Right!

Lastly the "WOW" money stacks, now who do you know that REALLY has money like that goes and takes stacks of it out of the bank and keeps it at home. Again the people I know that have millions and really can go get stacks of money if they wanted too just don't. What purpose would you have to keep $100k or $200k at your house, in a shoe box at that? Maybe on some RARE occasion you might have that kind of money in your home for a few hours or a day or two at the most, but a shoe box full of hundred all the time? Come On! The stacks also look suspicious because banks normally don't give you large "stacks" of money with the paper bands still on them. The few times I've had to withdraw lots of large bills like that the teller counted the money like 3 times before they gave it to me because they didn't want their cash drawer to off. I've never seen a bank just hand out money stacks like that to anyone. I've bought "Movie Money" for films and it comes in bands like that because it looks good on camera, but I never received it like that from a bank.

Maybe I'm wrong but it all looks suspect to me. I am black by the way, so don't go down the racial road if you disagree with me and want to defend the brotha. Looking forward to hearing your comments.

gayle

No TMZ is Showing the World, Shame on You. You don't care if this dude gets killed over this?

whats up Doctors

His real name is DeAndre Cortez Way, Does anyone know, if one of his parents is Spanish,or Puerto Rican?
DeAndre has anyone robbed you yet today?

benchmark

Such ignorance.

He and Jon Gosselin should get together.

PeoplePlanter

Soulja Boy gonna be back on the streets selling or smoking crack in 10 years. Soulja Boy Tell 'em bout dem french fries.