Balloon Boy

Found Alive

... at Home

10/15/2009 7:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The kid who everyone thought was flying through the air in a homemade balloon was finally found -- hiding in a cardboard box in the attic of his home.

Balloon kid
Officials say Falcon Heene's parents were "hysterical" during the search -- but turns out he was just hiding the entire time.

Cops also tell TMZ they won't charge the Heene's for the manpower it took to chase their crazy UFO balloon that didn't have a kid stuck inside.

Jennifer

This is what the parents get for not establishing rules!! When you let the kids do what they want- dont be upset when it scares the crap out of you!!!

blahblahblah

Spank that ass! It's going to be quite a bill they get for the rescue effort too! He'll be cutting lots of grass to pay that off won't he?

gg

These boys are young, where were the parents? I hope child protective services becomes involved and the parents should be made to pay all costs associated with the search.

rhbjorn

And now everyone has pancakes.

Shawn

Does TMZ have spies in every couner of the country?! I came to TMZ first no story, then to AOL which is still reporting him missing.. I close my browser go to TMZ again and he's found!!!

Chrissy

Like i said!!! Kids need to be spanked! Where's the Belt!!!!

Bobo Frog

The kid was found holding a $10,000 check from Fox News.

janalal4

I smell 'publicity stunt'!! This nutter dad is trying to get his own show. I think it was BS from the start. Glad the little boy is okay but don't think there was ever any need for concern from the start. Make the parents pay for the rescue!

pollynoo

Deliverance.

shooter12

Wow...I know the parents are overjoyed...and just waiting til the media leaves to blister his little ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrez golucky

Yikes! Who's going to pay for all the cost of the search?

J

PUBLICITY STUNT... THAT BALLOON WOULD NOT SUPPORT THE KIDS WEIGHT. PARENTS ARE HOPING FOR A "FANTASTIC" STORY TO GAIN FAME / MONEY... WHEN ASKED ABOUT THE CHILD BY REPORTERS THE MOM SAID, "YOU KNOW MORE THAN I DO." WHY WOULDN'T YOU BE HELPFUL AND ADD VALUE TO THE KNOWLEDGE GATHERING. THIS IS SUCH A DESPERATE PLOY... IF MY SON WAS MISSING I COULD CLEAR MY HOUSE IN 60 SECONDS. AND YES I WOULD LOOK IN ALL BOXES. THEN I WOULD HAVE ALERTED RESCUE PEOPLE NOT TO RISK THEIR SAFETY FOR MY POOR JOKE...

LST

Well I am glad the kid's ok.
But could the huge Hollywood production have been avoided?

iSad

L0L! Sneaky little bastard. Someone is getting their ass beat tonight. I know those parents are pissed and embarassed

Patrick M.

Looks like this story was "blown out of proportions sky high"