Balloon Boy

Found Alive

... at Home

10/15/2009 7:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The kid who everyone thought was flying through the air in a homemade balloon was finally found -- hiding in a cardboard box in the attic of his home.

Balloon kid
Officials say Falcon Heene's parents were "hysterical" during the search -- but turns out he was just hiding the entire time.

Cops also tell TMZ they won't charge the Heene's for the manpower it took to chase their crazy UFO balloon that didn't have a kid stuck inside.

stumped

Didnt the police search the home already? Dumbasses

Cuse

Shame on you people who believed this. And still believe this. This story isn't over. It's not about him getting a beating from the parents. Why? Because I will bet money the parents (dad) were in on it.

shooter12

#55, after those hateful comments you don't deserve children...or the air you breathe, heartless bitch

stumped

It gave the search team something to do besides sit in their Lazy-Boy recliners.

Michelle

Thank God. I am just glad it didnt end badly. It was an exciting story.

the end of the day

Great! He's alive! Now I bet parents wanna kill him. LOL! Great FREE publicity for the Dad's UFO contraption. Hmmmm...

shooter12

Should have been #59

RayLo

Now here is the thing, funny how I just saw this episode of Wife Swap a few days ago and this happens.. Welcome to the world of Reality TV News.

mark-allen

good...

now someone put jon and kate in a balloon and turn IT lose...

:-)

Maggie

I just hope that his parents wake up and realize that there need to be limits and rules for these kids. The parents have some blame in this even though kids will be kids because they don't have any rules for the three boys. Those parents let them be as wacky and off the wall as them. I am glad that they were hysterical and that the thought that their son was dead crossed their minds. Children need structure and rules but I doubt that even this incident will change them.

Angela

Well...I don't know what to say about this one. I'm glad that they found the child, but as my parents told me..somebody's in trouble, now.

Joy12

This family was on ABC's Wife Swap a few years ago. CRAZY about the balloon thing, but doesn't surprise me a bit after seeing that show and the kind of parents these people are.

Bob

Should the parents be fined for child endangerment?

For Sure

I think He and his brother need to do some work along with that rap star K West or something like that... Glad he is safe but I think the brother is in on it too!

Rob

Anyone with half a brain could see the balloon was empty as it was floating through the air. This could only happen in America.