Balloon Boy Busts Parents

10/16/2009 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Falcon Heene and his family were just on Larry King Live -- where he suggested his family set up the entire "boy trapped in a flying balloon" story, saying "You guys said that we did this for the show."

His father responded by saying "Man," his mom adding "No."

Wolf Blitzer didn't hear what the boy said and moved on to the next question.

The family appeared on the ABC show "Wife Swap" back in March.

mimi

thats a damn shame, they talked about this for 2 hours straight on tv, and the whole time they were lying?

They were in it for the money

Do you ever smell a lingering odor and not know where it's coming from but can guess? DAD, THE BIGGEST FART BLOSSOM OF ALL TIME MESSED HIS SHORTS...but I'm not worried - Mom bought the new improved Febreeze cotton sock/butthole plugger upper to stuff up both ends of daddy so he can no longer run at the mouth or other places of interest. Mommy don't need hers as she pulled her lip over her head and swallowed. Thank You.

Punkarazzi

Why do random words disappear from my posts? "Beauty pageant moms" became "beauty moms." Please don't alter my pithy comments, TMZ!

moe

honesty.. the stupidest story of the day

taz

They told this kid to do that. Kids don't lie in these kinds of situation. They told him they are doing it for the show. They were on two reality shows already, so the kid did what he was told to do. You can tell they wanted the attention. I can't believe they can sit there and play innocent.

They were in it for the money

POP GOES THE WEASEL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
POP GOES A POPPIN-HEARD OF POPPIN FRESH?
HE IS POPPIN STINK

susie

OMG. Is this kid gonna get it or what??? He better not!! CPS needs to floow up with this family. That father is nutso-and it's clear that those children are afraid of him. If this turns out to be a hoax; then I sure hope they bill the family for all the emergency searches, etc. People like this really get my blood boiling-and to use your sweet innocent children...SHAME ON YOU

apweaver

What COMPLETE FRIGGIN idiots!!!

aquanet

The father isn't a very good liar. Not very quick on his mental feet.

Make them pay for the entire cost of all this BS>

They were in it for the money

Now see, you blame me for being a vicious parent At least I NEVER let my son go and hide in a nightstand drawer. Imean an Attic. I mean a Garage. I mean my nightstand was up in my garage that is located in my attic.

WHERE ARE THOSE WIRE HANGERS?

Qragsdale

VISUAL AID! Jon & Kate envy!

lila

HA HA HA HA i just saw the wolf blizter interview and wolf asked the boy why he hid and he said "for the show" dont know if the chrickets could have been any LOUDER!

seriously was it all a setup!!?? cause i was tuning in all afternoon and everyone pre-empted the president for the balloon boy

Belvthlie

This father is to blame, and for putting his childern in this is just sick, shame on you, aslo worry and hope that little guy is safe and ok.

ivy

It sounded like falcon said you said we did it for A show. And honestly he couldn't sit for a segment on lkl must less 4 hours. It's a shame parent's use their kids for their own 15 minutes.

fastdriver

LIARS! LIARS! LIARS! Make the parents pay for their idiotic scam! They had the whole country glued to their TV sets hoping the boy was alive while he was IN the HOUSE all the time! That father was SPEECHLESS when his son made that statement.

WHAT did the investigators investigate anyway? Shouldn't a team of police have been at the house going from top to bottom looking in EVERY nook and cranny? They should know what kids do if they think they are going to be punished.

Didn't we JUST have Jaycee Lee Dugard missing for 18 years and she was IN the BACKYARD all the time? What did they investigate there?

Didn't we JUST have Yale student Annie Le's body IN the wall for about 5 days before they found her even with cadaver dogs? What did they investigate there?