Heene Family's Reality Is TV

10/16/2009 3:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE 2:20 PM ET -- A TLC official tells TMZ the Heene family approached the network "months ago" with a reality show idea, but the network passed.

TMZ has learned the Heene family has been pitching a reality show about the wacky family, as one TV source put it, "all over town."

Heene Family
We're told Richard Heene pitched a series to Relativity Real, as well as RDF Productions. RDF produces "Wife Swap," on which the family appeared back in March.

We're also told the Heene's have made the rounds at the networks, including TLC. Of course, TLC produced "Jon & Kate Plus 8."

So is balloon boy the ultimate reality show pitch?

Stay tuned...

Simone

My evil twin is from planet "Look at me, look at me!" She is starved for attention, people.

Justice !

The stunt this family pulled yesterday will be the reason why they "never" get their own show! Pure Idiots!

kathij

why couldn't the parents be put in a balloon and let go? Then maybe those kids can be raised not to be the obnoxious brats that they are now.

lilliana.m.garcia

#10 This could be a case of Munchausen's ..never thought of that

jen newman

the father looked stone on GMA - his eyes were half-shut, his mouth was dry, his speech was impaired. when the child vomited, the mother handed him a bowl to throw up in and waited for someone from GMA to ask if she wanted to take him off camera since he was sick. Her reply -- "Oh, can I?" it was like she has no mind of her own and is controlled by the idiot father. Most mothers would have taken the kid immediately to the bathroom or somewhere else. What a family!!!!

Jen Newman

Simone - number 1

I am not your twin. You are just a pathetic fat male trying to get the attention. You knew that I am always THE first and you are trying to get some attention for your pathetic and empty life using my name. It's funny!!!!! You just can make me laugh!!!! You are just proving that in some way other people are paying attention on me. Jealousy is the name of it.

Armando

I swear thats what went through my mind when i saw the interview where the kid blabbered out that they did it for the show, when the dad said "man" he wanted to strangle the poor thing LOL

sss

Simone

Can someone please show my evil twin how much time she is wasting on this site? Help her get something called "A LIFE"? You know - places to go, things to do, all that? It's not getting through to her thick brain.

Simone

Oh, Disney. How low you have sunk.

Simone - number 1

Well, you stay here all day long. So, if somebody here needs a life, this person is you. You should Pay more attention around, be aware!!!!

LWH

Doesn't take a genius to know this was a publicity stunt; I knew it as soon as I saw it. Fine the frauds, and maybe even jail time should be dished out.

Simone

My evil twin is here far more than most people on this site. I, in act, barely comment.

michelleh

#35 - that was my first thought when I heard about the little guy throwing up on TV. It's very easy for a 6 year old to get overwhelmed as well and that could have been just a natural reaction to nerves & being up all night. The Dad was a D-bag as well....he just seemed to blow it all off and go straight back to his first love, the TV cameras.

Simone

Don't judge people you don't know, you stupid loser. In fact, all one has to do - without commenting - is look at posts to see what a c*** you truly are.

Pwned, again.