Federal Tax Lien

Against Nas

It Was Written

10/19/2009 1:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1018_nas_ex-1Kelis
isn't the only person trying to get money from Nas -- turns out Uncle Sam is too!

TMZ has obtained a federal tax lien filed last month against Nas for a whopping $2,584,206.31. Looks like Nas didn't pay his taxes in 2006 and 2007.

Nas is currently involved in a bitter divorce battle with Kelis. Looks like she'll have to wait in line.

Simone

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simone

It's a complicated situation...

Simone

By the way, I don't have any idea who is this Nas.

Balloon Dude

Yet another Celebrity that owes Taxes. WT.F do they think because they are wealthy they are excluded and don't need to pay taxes like everyone else?

Or are they stupid and let someone handle their finances without ever looking it?

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

Wacko owes money up the ying yang.

You Can Do Better

I've read stories about him and his baby-mama...but who the hell are they??? I've never heard of them other then on TMZ...who the heck are these people? and why should they matter to me if they're so low on the celeb pole! lol

Unity

The KamaSutra - Tantra
I have read stories about him and his baby-mama ... but who the hell are they??? Never heard of them other then TMZ ... Who the hell are these people? and why should I care if they're so low on the pole celeb! Read More

whats up Doctors

I owed the IRS once,and they put a lien on my check, I was taking home about $800.00 a week after taxes, The lien hit, and I was left $125.00 a week to live on. I talked to the front office and told them I can't live on this , they told me, their hands were tied by law,and that they were sorry. I had to get a Bankruptcy Lawyer and file for Bankruptcy to stop it

Brooke

I am sad that this Nas makes that much money to owe over 2 mil in taxes. If this was the average Joe, he would have been in jail. Who do these celebs think they are. I made a mistake once on state unemployement taxes of $232.00. The letter stated if not paid in 30 days, they would come and lock down my business. This is a joke. There should be no delay, he should pay up now.

Ms Kris

A simple 1 word question here:

WHO????

Not complete names of nobody's?

rando

balls.

anon69

I thought they were back together.

Ooooo Noooo!

Didn't pay his taxes? Hell, he could be an Obama cabinet member!

why?

Who is this looser? There must be a whole other universe out there that I am happy to say I am unaware of.

GDizza

For all of you that are wondering, Nas is a rapper that has been high in popularity for many years now. He is respected because of how true he is to the game and his lyrical intelligence. Kelis is a female Hip-hop/R&B singer who was once married to Nas. If you want to hear something by Nas go listen to "Hero" or "Got Yourself a Gun".

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments