« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

911 Call in ESPN Analyst Case

10/21/2009 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the frantic 911 call made by the wife of ESPN analyst/former Mets general manager Steve Phillips, when she discovered her husband's 22-year-old ex-mistress in the family's driveway.

911 Call in ESPN Analyst Case

According to police, Marni Phillips returned to her Connecticut home on August 19 and discovered Brooke Hundley -- an ESPN production assistant who worked with her husband -- dropping off a letter in which she confessed to having an affair with Steve.

In the call, Marni tells the dispatcher "I have a crazy woman who is involved with my husband and she's come to my house to harm me and my children."

Marni later told police that Brooke freaked out when she saw Marni, and "got in her car, put it in reverse and smashed the rear end of her vehicle into the stone column ... cut across our grass, avoiding the driveway completely, driving erratically over rocks and mulch beds to maneuver her vehicle down our hill."

Phillips declined to press charges against Hundley -- but released a statement saying he was taking an "extended leave of absence."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MinnesotaNice

Eeeeww...eeew eeew EEEW! I just don't get it. This guy is a creep, obviously...but he's got money, fame and power...he could probably "talk" (aka PAY) any attractive gal to sleep with him. Why this girl? I feel horrible saying this I'm sure she's a lovely mistress--but Yuk, eww!!!

Triple Play

What a Porker she is. Is she related to Monica lewinsky? Either his wife is a dog or he is a bigger A-Hole than Ithough.
That girl looks like she was rode hard and out away Wet

oy

She's wearing what appears to be a wedding ring. What's up with that?

bel

Egads!!!! I thought this story couldn't get any worse, and then they posted the photos of this girl. I feel sorry for his wife, his kids...and my eyes.

Deb

She looks like she could be his daughter. Oh, of course, that's it (rolling eyes).

IlliniGuy76

His wife's name is Marni - by all accounts his wife (now ex wife) is drop dead gorgeous. No joke...

L

It always amazes me that the wife gets mad at the other woman! Maybe your dirty man never told her he was married! HE made vows to you - she didn't!

jrad247

WOW

that chicks a willda beast !

Michael W

I haven't seen her (wife) but they called her "stunning" in another article I read today - what a douchebag! Damn - this chick is FUGLY too! Ha ha.

ONALEE

Yikes, What an Ugly WITCH !!!! But for some guys,it's alllll about the HO- Bags!!!! So if they need to play with a big ole set of heffer tits, pay back's going to be a bitch..cause>> Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! W0W He's Such A Fool!!!!!

JOe

I think you call 311 to report affairs. You call 911 for actual emergencies. Sounds like the wife is the crazy woman - not the 22 year old intern. LOL

Lee

The bottom line is that Steve Phillips made a decision that is now affecting his children. It is obvious that Steve doesn't care about his wife but it is reported that his seven year old son was in the car with his mother and was crying his eyes out from fear. And let's not forget what Brooke the Psycho did to Steve's eldest son. As far as I am concerned, Steve should be JAILED for what he just put that baby through. Unfortunately, you can debate the pros and cons of affairs until the cows come home but there is no debate for what Steve Phillips' selfish decision just did to his kids. And please someone explain to me why charges were not pressed about this woman in the first place?

susan

My God man do you let your penis do all of your thinking? Well let me tell you your penis has poor taste. What must your wife look like for you to go with a young not so attrative girl? You are STUPID!!!!

Buck Naked

Eueewwwwwu...U-G-L-Y, She ain't got no alibi.

Non-Believer

Who's the dude with the long greasy hair standing next to Steve Phillips?