Jon Gosselin -- Overpay for Play

10/21/2009 1:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jon Gosselin UPDATE: The MJ Show just posted the email exchange they had with Gosselin's rep. Click here to read it.

Jon Gosselin
sincerely believes his time and energy is worth somewhere around $12,000-per hour -- because that's how much he's demanding to appear on a Florida radio show.

TMZ spoke with the host of Tampa's MJ Morning Show who told us he contacted Gosselin's rep in the hopes of booking the reality star to guest co-host the show for one morning.

The radio show offered two first class round trip plane tickets, limo service and a "first class" hotel room -- but that wasn't enough to seal the deal.

Gosselin's rep requested an "appearance fee ... in the 10-12K range."

Team Gosselin justified the amount by saying, "[Jon's] name and appearance on your show will instantly draw press ... and will be a high point for the show." The rep also describes Gosselin as "quite funny, sharp witted and interesting."

The radio host tells us he "fell out of his chair" when he read the demand. Looks like Jon will have to go back to "Entertainment Something" to lock down that kind of money.

whatthefrig

Get over yourself Jon, we all have.

Frank Anthony

He's right... appearing on that show would bring it press recognition like they rarely receive. Their call letters and station ID would be in every gossip rag in every supermarket line in the country, as well as quotes from their DJs and program director(s).

Without knowing the Tampa market, I can't comment on whether he is worth $12K to their bottom line, but I can say the majority of people commenting on this story (and probably working at the radio station itself) could learn a thing or two about marketing.

O2BINLA

Millissa @#105 Nothing gets by you girl! I hadn't thought of that! Keep talking the truth!! Maybe you could let the radio station know that so they can have another big laugh!!You rock!

pm

OMG, enough of him already. Can't wait till that Pennsylvania judge gets this. Maybe once and for all he will get what he deserves. I no longer watch ET because they are becoming as crazy as he is....I only hope Kate can get the house and the kids and some sort of life out of this mess they have made....and he needs supervised visits because he has gone way out of control.

chrissy

LOL... I do not know who is on a bigger high horse of thinking they are an actual celebrity , Jon or Kate.

These two need to get it on there head that being on a reality show does not make you a celebrity. After the Reality Show everyone forgets about you unless you end up arrested or dead or something along those lines.

After this whole divorce thing is over you will no longer hear about Jon or Kate

paddy

Jonboy, You are seriously stupid man. You have brought shame to your family. By your own additive behavior to Sex, Drugs, Drink Money and lets not forget your great need for 15 minutes of fame. These bad choices that you have made for yourself and for your children in the last few month`s will most definitely hurt these kids mentally and emotionally.Maybe that is why they are starting to act out at this point. HELLO. WAKE UP JON BOY

Pudgy

To "I See U" # 103

Actually, I'm a vegetarian. Pudgy is the name of my cat. Truth hurts huh? so you gotta strike back with a stupid dig at the name.

Brenda

I am sick of KATE AND JON we are alot of us single parents who didn't decide to have multiple births she and he wanted that for the game they are playing, and I think you should quit helping them may money on there kids backs ....... think about what you are doing they are awful parents and awful people to say the least....STOP HELPING THEM EXPLODE CHILDREN THANK YOU

She's Dumb

HEY JON: F U! GO BUILD A LOG CABIN HOUSE UP HIGH ON A MOUNTAIN AND LIVE THERE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE...WHO THE HELL WANT'S TO EVEN LOOK AT YOU UGLY AZZ ANYWAY AND WHO IN THEIR RIGHT STATE OF MIND WOULD PAY EVEN 10 CENT'S TO HAVE YOU ON THEIR SHOW? A PICTURE OF YOUR FACE IS NEXT TO THE WORD "LOSER" IN THE DICTIONARY...

Jessica

jon, a word of advise..............GET REAL

mds145

Ho hum, SSDD

Maggie

I have no use for Jon Gosselin's behavior in recent months. However, this is just plain sad. The video of Jon and Hailey with the paparazzi and the horse & carriage in NYC was on of the most pathetic things I've ever seen with Jon clearly thrilled to be told that one of the more tabloidish newspapers, IIRR, the NY Post, had photographers there & they loved him. He clearly believes that they are laughing with him and not at him.

I generally don't have much use for the untrained and unqualified (including myself) trying to diagnose mental states, but those who are arguing that he suffers from bipolar disorder are beginning to make more and more sense (although demonic possession and Kate's theory of abduction by aliens also have their points as explanations) which means, at some point, he's going to crash big time. I hope for the childrens' sake there is someone around mature enough to help him pick up the pieces. As I said, I have no use for him, but he is the only father those 8 children have and I hope, at some point, he can get back to being the father they need and deserve.

Jobie

Isn't that infact a picture of actor Ken Leung (who plays paranormal guy, Miles) from LOST?

Do not wanna reveal

I think it is sad that a radio host would pay him 12k to appear on his show. That show would go under within an hour of Jon being on there. Jon says that he wants all this to go away, but he is always doing interviews and making an idiot out of himself. It's the truth. And he is getting himself into even further trouble with TLC because he going on a radio show and getting paid. Hello, idiot, isn't that why you are getting sued in the first place? Are you really that hungry for money that you could risk losing it all? Jon, i really want you to focus on your kids and not this erratic behavior that has become the norm for you. I really think you can be a better person then you are being. I really urge you to seek God and let him back into your life. Please, if you don't love Kate, think about the ones you do love, your eight kids. How will they react to all this years later? It's time you act like a 32 year old instead of a teenager. You have to get control of yourself before it's too late

kr

Personally I would spend 10 hours n a plane with free lodging just to get a radio station bigger ales while i got nothing.

I also think rabii money bags making money for him and jon is disgusting. If he was a man of God he would tell Jon to work on his marriage and dump the sluts

team kate!