Rev. Jesse to MSNBC: It's Jackson If You're Nasty

10/21/2009 6:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

During an important discussion on income inequality, an anchor for MSNBC got her Reverends mixed up -- introducing Rev. Jesse Jackson as Rev. Al Sharpton.

Contessa Brewer ended up blaming the identity crisis on the teleprompter -- but by the look on Rev. Jackson's face ... the damage was done.

Simone

Funny situation with the rev.!!!!!!!!!!!

Zach Swan

Only the Reverend Jesse can deliver such a smashing rendition of Green Eggs and Ham that the memory of it brings tears to me eyes... I would not... COULD not... eat... Green Eggs... and ham. Sam, I am.

oreo

LOL! Sometimes When I hear him talk, I can not understand a word he says.

uhHuh

they're easy to confuse as they are both professional (paid) racists. Not to mention HYPOCRITES, in the name of the .

Ken

She mixed up her ambulance chasers.

shell

I can guarantee you that Contessa felt horrible about that slip. Embarassed and horrible. She's been around long enough (and is a good journalist) that I am sure she's interviewed him before.

I will bet that as soon as she had the chance she called him to apologize.

SC fan

I agree with Zach Swan - classic Green Eggs and Ham rendition. Used to love hearing Conway and S radio show, where if you can decipher Jesse's phrases you win a prize.

Arethusa Cyberia

ROTFLMMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, how stupid is that b?

WillOTheWisp

THANK YOU TMZ FOR POSTING THIS!

You must have seen where everybody was trying to rip me a part for bringing racisms to the forefront, while all I was doing was posting what I saw. Thank you for verifying it for me.

Nah! Nay Sayers! Take That! Better open your blinded eyes!

WillOTheWisp knows what it’s talking about! Love you guys!
Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Yea, Yea, Yea……Goodbyeeeeee!

homie 1 kanobe

Yall nose dey 2 p's in a pod

nikki

They both spread their biased propaganda only one has better hair and is thinner.

Lolawell

That kind of stupidity ought to be grounds for termination! It feeds into the idea that white people see black people as all the same. What an idiot and to blame it on the teleprompter? What is she a robot? I would expect an interview to know and understand who her guests are. What an idiot. I hope she is given a job where thinking on your feet and even less, getting people's names right is not part of the requirements

angelahayes02

If she knew the prompter was wrong why didn't she correct the error when she first starting asking for Rev. Jesse Jackson's response to the question? Another example of "News" presenters lacking any courage or integrity (must not go off script!). Blindly saying what is front of them no matter how incorrect it may be. Her response to him, when he corrected her sounded so condescending.

homie 1 kanobe

What really would have knocked me off my chair, If she said I know who you are, Your hair is differant :-) The Biatch

Amazing