Balloon Boy's Mother -- It Was All a Hoax

10/23/2009 6:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The mother of the "Balloon Boy" has finally come clean, admitting the whole ridiculous fiasco was the hoax everybody knew it was anyway.

In a search warrant affidavit that was released today, Mayumi Heene told sheriff's deputies she and Richard "knew all along that Falcon was hiding in the residence."

In the document, it says "Mayumi described that she and Richard Heene devised this hoax approximately two weeks earlier ... she and Richard had instructed their three children to lie to authorities as well as the media regarding this hoax."

Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden has said he will recommend charges against the family including conspiracy, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, making a false report to authorities and attempting to influence a public servant.

redbird

Now tell us something we didn't already know.

moregirl

This should be a lesson to all you greedy parents that will use your children (child slavery)to make money for them. Examples:(Gosselin's, OctoNut and now the Heene's). check out OctoNut with her 8 new slaves dress up for Halloween....This B$@TCH IS SICK

Ashley

This whole family makes me sick.

What damage will be done to these boys whose parents told them out right to lie to police, media and the whole world. These poor kids will be confused as why their parents are in trouble for something their parents told them to do.

It's really sad. My heart goes out to the kids.

kooky rox my sox

where is kooky? where is kooky? I Miss Me Some Kooky. whats for dinner??????????????????

nicaw

Thanks for coming clean but too little, too late. Hopefully the consequences of their actions will teach their children that it's not right to lie to law enforcement.

TheMan

What a wuss! Making his wife tell the truth. This guy has no spine.

pam

JAIL and get those kids away from them NOW.

socalsoccer

What a bunch of losers! Those kids should be taken away from these mentally ill parents.

who dat

I'd like to know when the incompetent sheriff is going to be fired. If the house had been searched properly, this hoax would have been uncovered. I bet there are many unresolved crimes in his jurisdiction. Fire the sheriff for incompetence and being a general buffoon. Your tax dollars hard at work.

.:Loki 4Ever:.

Wow.. making your children lie???? That HAS to be an all new low!!!!! I hate to admit it, but I think Octomom is better parent than these two douche bags

Liz

I would bet my life and my kids lives, that she is abused, as well as those children! I would also bet that he MADE her say that she was a part of the hoax, even though she was not. This guy is an whack job and needs to be jailed indefinitely! I remember the look on her face when her son said "you said it was for a tv show". She looked scared and I'm sure was envisioning the wrath that was about to come down on her and the boys by the husband when the news cameras went away for the night! God help them.

REALbarbwire7

Who else smells a divorce coming? Especially after hearing that there have been 411 calls made from the house, only to hang up on the police. Sounds like hubby has issues with following the rules. Jagazz!

robert ball

The Heenes should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, including the mother. She's just as guilty as Richard is. Like myself, there were a great many people out there who were hoping against hope the boy would survive. And then we find out he wasn't even IN the balloon, that it was all a PR stunt. Furious doesn't describe my feelings now. Outrage almost comes close. The words I want to use would get blocked.

AI9

To "You're Fired" - WHY would the sheriff be searching the house when the PARENTS AND SIBLINGS are all saying the kid was in the balloon? If he had, and the kid had been in the balloon and ended up hurt, you'd be on here whining that the sheriff wasted valuable time searching the house. Sounds to me like you are someone connected to these losers and are trying to deflect blame. Massive fail. The whole family needs psychiatric help and hopefully the father will get his while behind bars.

shuffler

Mayumi, I don't know you but I believe you were (and are) a lot better than the man you married. Congratulations on admitting to this.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments