Jon Gosselin -- The Check's in the Mail

10/23/2009 2:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned at 1:23 PM ET -- 30 minutes ago from the time of this post -- Kate Gosselin's lawyers received an email from Jon Gosselin's Pennsylvania lawyer stating that he has $152,000 from Jon that will repay Kate for the money he looted from the joint account.

As we first reported, the judge in the case ordered Jon to repay $180,000 -- Jon has already repaid $28,000 so the balance is $152,000.

Under the terms of the judge's order, Jon is required to wire the money to Kate's lawyers. That has not been done yet.

Kate's lawyer, Mark Momjian, tells TMZ if he gets the money today he'll cancel the court hearing on Monday.

There's another $55,000 in dispute. Jon says Kate had no right to take the money. Kate says she spent it on household matters. The arbitrator will decide who's right at a later date.

cindy

They just posted this at People.com. According to the article, Kate already accounted for her 55,000.

"Kate Gosselin is still waiting for Jon Gosselin to return the money he took from the couple's joint account, but Kate herself has obeyed with a court order to itemize what she spent from the account, says her divorce attorney Mark Momjian.

"Kate has complied with the court order in advance of the date," he says, noting the reality mom was not ordered to return any money. "

If Jon or his lawyer does not wire the money to the account by the end of today, they will proceed with court proceedings on Monday. I wouldn't be surprised if the sleazy Mark Heller takes the money and runs with it, leaving Jon high and dry. It will be interesting to see what happens later today or on Monday. I'll bet you hear Jon on tons of shows over the weekend.

sheiladj

I think they both need tothink about the kids. That money should be set aside for their education and future expenses.

lucy

for those Kate haters...please think about being married
to a loser like Jon. I have watched some re-runs and he
isn;t the nicest guy to be around, always feeling sorry for himself etc....The guy can;t even keep a job...I know
Kate will be fine and make money after her divorce from
good old Jon 32 going on 22 ....again the ones that get hurt here are the kids....and word to Hailey, run as fast as you can from this guy, for one thing your young and deserve to have a family and God knows this man does not
need any more kids. also, who in there right mind would
pay this man for any kind of appearance , he needs to work on being a man and stop acting like a kid.....

baby

WHATS REALLY SAD IS COMMENTS ABOUT WISHING KATE GET KICKED OUT OF HER HOME, I WOULD NOT WISH ANYONE GET KICKED OUT OF THERE HOME, ESP WITH 8 KIDS. PEOPLE DOWN KATE, BUT KATE AT LEAST STAYS HOME AND YOU DONT SEE HER IN THE NEWS WHORING AROUND AND SPENDING THE KIDS MONEY LIKE JOHNNY-BOY. I WONDER SINCE NOW HE IS BASICALLY BROKE AND DEEMED A BAD FATHER IF HIS LIL HOMEWRECKER AND HER FAMILY WILL TAKE CARE OF HIM. I AM ROOTING FOR KATE WHO OBVIOUSLY CARES ABOUT THE KIDS MORE THAN THE FAMEWHORE OF A HUBBY SHE HAD. BUT I ALSO HAVE HEARD JON HAS BEEN SCREWING AROUND ON HER SINCE THEY WERE MARRIED! HANG IN THERE KATE, JON WILL BE LIVING UNDER A BRIDGE SOON!

Jon

I think he should be able to keep that money for the pain and suffering he had to endure by being married to that bitch.

sonnyone

According to the reports, Jon has not paid back the money. He was supposed to wire it into Kate's lawyers account, Heller said that his "other" lawyer has the check. If the money is not wired into the account he is in contempt. By the way, the banks close their books at 3:00 pm and do not post anything received after 3 until Monday. Also, Heller was the first one to issue a statement saying that Jon was in compliance with the Court Order.

Bella

Oh, my.....I think #52 is Kate. But I don't think Jon will have to return the money because I think she just had a coronary or overdosed on meds.

gezer51

Is it just me or does Jon look like his family hasn't branched much?

JustMe

All the Kate haters here are probably the same few posters using different names. Maybe it's one of Jon's 22 yr old older kids. Who in their right mind could think his current behavior is ok? Oh sure, pay him for being abused and take the money away from his kids. Yea, that's clear thinking. Let him keep the money so he can go and spend on his recent romp. Yea, real smart.

cathy

I agree with the other poster, we need a jon and kate free zone. http://beyondbitch.wordpress.com

moee

Oh PLEASE:

I am totally on Jon's side. You CAN'T loot from a JOINT ACCOUNT! Kate needs to GET A LIFE AND A JOB! She is a total B**CH and a DRAMA QUEEN! Any man that gets involved with her needs their head examined! She has NO TALENT, NEVER has...NEVER WILL! I will NEVER watch her new show and will BOYCOTT the sponsers!

This is all a PLOY to keep them in the media! Please BOTH of you, GO AWAY!!!

mds145

36. Khate is a CHRONIC LIAR!

Dudette has no talent.
Dudette has no credibility.
Dudette has no sensitivity for his kids or their family privacy.
Dude has no balls, she is a whiny baby blaming JON for everything.

Dudette intentionally tries to humiliate and sabotage JON, all in the name of revenge and the hate consuming her that she pulls her children into. She has no respect for her family or she would zip it, her pants and her mouth!

Posted at 3:20PM on Oct 23rd 2009 by Nuff Said

FULGY

Kate and Richard Heene would make a great couple

cindy

So did jon transfer the money to the account tonight. According to people.com Kate's lawyer stated that she has accounted for her portion to the court ($55,000)prior to today. I assume since the media was not informed of this doesn't mean it didn't happen. I guess that means that Jon wasn't told yet, otherwise the tabloids would know right. I'm curious about Monday....I still wonder if Jon's "lawyer" will disappear with the 155,000 before then. As of 4Pm I never heard if he transferred it to the account. Wouldn't be surprised if he left Jon high and dry.

Maggie

#67-Actually, people can and do loot joint accounts and leave the other spouse destitute, but that was not the issue here. That account and the "working account" were governed by a very explicit interim arbitrator's award (both Jon and Kate agreed in writing, with the guidance of each of their attorneys, to submit contested economic issues in the divorce to binding arbitration). Jon's actions clearly violated the arbitrator's order or the judge would not have ordered him to return that money without any further opportunity to explain or account for it. He'd better return the full amount ordered or he could be looking at jail, depending on how outraged the judge is.

#70-Trying to find merit in not violating a second court order (if he actually comes up with the money) makes me believe that if you are representative of Jon's friends, he doesn't need any enemies. They couldn't possibly do him any worse harm.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments