« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dodgers Owner -- Cold as Ice

10/24/2009 12:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's a reason Los Angeles Dodgers owner Frank McCourt bleeds Dodger blue -- judging from the way he fired his wife of 30 years ... his blood is colder than ice.

TMZ obtained the "Notice of Termination" Frank MAILED to his soon-to-be-ex wife Jamie -- who was fired from her job as co-CEO of the team the day before the Dodgers were eliminated from the playoffs. Mind you, this letter was sent just 2 weeks before the couple's 30th wedding anniversary.

The letter begins, "Dear Jamie -- This is to inform you that your employment with and positions as Chief Executive Officer and Vice Chairperson of Los Angeles Dodgers LLC, as well as any and all of the positions that you hold ... are hereby terminated effective immediately."

Though hard to believe, it gets even colder:

"Because your employment is held at-will, the Organization is not required to have cause to terminate your employment and may do so for any reason or no reason at all.

However, your actions, including, but not limited to, your insubordination, non-responsiveness, failure to follow procedures, and inappropriate behavior with regard to a direct subordinate, have made this decision necessary
"

And for good measure, we've also learned Frank locked Jamie out of her office today. We're told Jamie called her assistant and asked her to open the office door -- she was informed her key no longer worked.

Nice touch Frank.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

...fyi..I wasn't sure how to comment..so I educated myself..she has been around for 30 yrs..accomplished woman and wife, mother...too bad ..sooo sad...just remember Men...." behind EVERY sucessful man IS a woman..aaaaaaaaaaand...he inherited his luck..sooooooooooo..truth be told..she deserves half..that is the law...made by MEN btw..HAHAHAH...gotta love karma..heehe..just sayin

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

..ok..so he is pissed and feeling like the guy behind the solid oake desk..BIG shiiiit...what a pathetic man with that letter..clearly, he is USING the team ownership as a device to try and deviate...NOBODY cares abt his personal problems..and he thinks he has such umpmanship on this...omg...............no wonder he inherited...NEVER would have been able to earn it!!!!! geez...

eric

I hope the Woman's Nation stands up and gets behind Jamie! This Jack Ass thinks he can belittle her in front of everyone what a douchebag!! Plus he looks like an ass wipe and is sure showing his true colors!

Shirl ~~ t.g.

LQQKS like the war of the sexes on this board. Everyone has to choose a side. ~~~~
In reality ``` We are only going to hear bits and pieces ``` and never the real truth.~~~~~
Jamie did work for this company for almost 30 years. She certainly deserves``` something``` FELLA's!!! come on now.. Did they have children together? If they did then Jamie deserves even more. It's NOT easy giving birth, raising children and working a J`O`B. ~~~~~
So to the people who think that 'the wife' aka Jamie shouldn't get anything ``` open your frigging eyes `` in this case. Don't be so quick to judge when clearly `` this woman isn't a slacker or a sell out..``````` just saying

TCYB

Is there beer on that cold ice?

I KNOW

For those defending Jamie, I bet you don't know her or have never worked for her because then you'd know she's a certified b!tch and psycho. Those in the know are secretly happy that this b!tch is getting what she deserves. She's can be very nasty and vile to those she employs.

#645732 - Cell Block H

Looks like it's the women against the men on this site. Most men are saying screw her, while the women are saying he's an a$$hole. Considering that most of us know nothing about what really went on in their lives, I think we should give her the benefit of a doubt and give her what she deserves for thirty years of marriage. He will do just fine owning the team and making more money than anyone really needs. I'm sure this will all end with both of them being very rich, so the only ones who will be hurt by all of this is are us fans of the Dodgers. After all, we still are stuck with Manny Ramirez. Is there a way the Dodgers can divorce themselves from him?

Janet

What goes around comes around.

Karmas.Havok

Damn .... So happy I've never been married nor have any desire to!! What an a**!

#645732 - Cell Block H

balls and kkk are the same person for sure. Every time Krazy K Klown pops up a message, balls is one or two comments ahead or behind him. Of course he/she has nothing to say except for "balls" and some stupid recipe or song or poem. I'm sure he/she needs some kind of medical help for dual personality syndrome. But there are some of you who find their comments funny, so I guess we will be subject to his/her insanity. Just by me writing this comment, he/she is probably creaming in his/her panties.

Riley

I love it! I'm sure she is a piece of work.

I'm sure he is no picnic...

HELP!!!!!

you know what they say......... karma is a bit*h, what goes around... and lastly god does not like ugly..... people as "ugly" as he is usually get theirs in the end.... his was the very next day!! too bad for the team thou :/

Bill the Pill

Edub. . . you really don't remember your facts. When he bought the team, he said he bought it because his wife always wanted to own a team. Check out the old clips, my friend. And frankly (no pun intended), they are both as cold as ice and don't give a darn about their employees, their fans, or anything but how much they can charge. But this is seriously over the top and is pay back for all the ill will they have garnered since they have been in charge. This would make a good reality tv show with Tommy Lasorda acting as the marriage counselor.

keith

60. balls and kkk are the same person for sure. Every time Krazy K Klown pops up a message, balls is one or two comments ahead or behind him. Of course

Posted at 12:54AM on Oct 24th 2009 by kbkaklls

The only reason I come to this site is to read the funny stuff that the "Kookster" aka "balls" dreams up. I always get a laugh out of Kooky and I bet I'm not alone.

jose

my.blastoffnetwork.com/pailrider If anybody is interested Blastoff is a free social networking site that pays you to shop online and pays you when your friends shop online. This isn't spam it's a pretty cool website check it out.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments