Springsteen

Cancels Show

After Family Death

10/26/2009 10:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1026_springsteen_ed_1_getty-1Bruce Springsteen canceled a concert in Kansas City tonight after his cousin, Lenny Sullivan, was found dead in his hotel room -- a source close to the band tells TMZ.

Springsteen announced the death on his official website, saying it was a "death in the family."

We're told Sullivan worked for Springsteen for 10 years as an assistant tour manager.

Cops and paramedics responded to the hotel where Bruce and the band were staying at around 4:15 PM. Sullivan was found dead in the hotel and circumstances are currently under investigation.

UPDATE: Bruce updated his website with this statement: "Lenny Sullivan, Bruce's cousin and the assistant road manager of the E Street Band for the last ten years, passed away today at the age of 36. A warm and sensitive person, he was beloved by Bruce, the Band, the crew, and the entire Thrill Hill family."

m

More likely it was undiagnosed and untreated swine flu. Just like Morrissey, our little Miley and others.

The Seer

I never did get the whole BS thing. He sings like he's seriously constipated and moves like he's got a stick up his butt. His band's ok, I guess, but his popularity mystifies me.

Slut stink

he had a few good tunes in the 70s, but all the rest since then is pure crap. he's just a dumb street bum and a punk who made good thru the ignorant unwashed masses...the dumb sheep who populate the country.

JANEisHORRIBLE

"Jane",
You are a hateful monster. You should be institutionalized.

Slinky8319

When he played in Australia he did not play any of his "hits" bit sad really

418

Jane and a few others here are cowardly trash and a waste of space. Lenny was a down to earth good person and someone I'd glad to have had cross my path in life. You'll be missed Len RIP.

benMiller

RIP Lenny, you will be missed by many

kadengirl

all of you losers, like Jane and the rest of you who insult Bruce and his band, should keep your comments hushed. Shame on all of you. My condolences to the family. And, I bet it was the flu.

Get your flu shot!

No Comment

Come on Jane...really? It's so sad that there are people like you in this world that think your post is somehow funny or profound.

ken

WHO CARES! SPRINGSTEEN IS LOUSY! NEVER LIKED THIS GUY!

Jill

My sister was on her way to the concert and I sent her a text, "TMZ says the concert is canceled", she replied "Who the hell is TMZ?" LOL. Not kidding.

Barbara

I offer my sincere condolences to Bruce and all who knew Lenny.
It goes without question anyone connected to Bruce was loved and respected at the highest level as an above average outstanding sincere individual with a huge heart!
(Naturally there will be a few of the unbalanced - those lacking true love- might foster a little envy, and act accordingly.)
Please people don't stoop to join that level as seen circulating on this great comment section today. It is by your deeds you are known.
Don't add insult to injury even to comment, just bless them and wish them healing from whatever pain leaves evil in the heart, it can't be easy.
Rise instead to the occasion-to spread love and kindness as Bruce would- which unites rather than splits in anger and will help heal the world =much better in the end.
It is by your deeds that you will be known and remembered. :)
Love to all!
Thank you Bruce, you have brought so much love to the world.
Your concerts are a perfect demo.
Bruce is Bruce, be Bruce-like!
I love your whole E-Street Band and the unification it brings to thousands at each and every concert!

Love,
Barbara

Oscar

From what I heard the deceased was found still with a needle in him. This is real talk. I have some friends on the force.

music4life

awww wow thats really awful. My thoughts and prayers are with Bruce and all his family and friends :(

Brandon

Vios Con Dios Brother I love you Lenny. Youu will be missed by everyone. YITB 415 Brandon

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2