« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

GLAAD to NFL: Punish Larry Johnson

10/26/2009 6:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is in hot water with GLAAD -- after the former NFL Pro-Bowler reportedly dropped the homophobic f-bomb twice in the last 24 hours.

Larry Johnson
President of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation Jarrett Barrio is calling for the NFL to take action against Johnson, saying "All too often this is the word that is used to ridicule and harass young gay and transgender athletes on local sports fields across America.

Professional athletes who use this word need to be held accountable for feeding a climate of intolerance toward our community. NFL officials need to take action and condemn this and future uses of this anti-gay epithet
."

Earlier today, it was reported Johnson hurled the slur at a group of reporters after he had already used the same f-word to attack someone on Twitter.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ddberry

Dear Gladd,

If you don't like the "f" word being used, how about you make sure no homosexuals are using the term themselves (same goes for the n-bomb) Stop trying to ban words from different groups of people that you still use yourselves. Also, why don't you stop and think for a few minutes about how all those happy people felt when the homosexual community stole their word.

john johnson

GLAAD are nothing more than a bunch of hypocrites and on of the more glorified special interest groups just like PETA, NRA, and NOW. they only care about their "own" and have within their organization, racist, anti semites, and lobbyist.the f-word was never an insulting word till they were made a category by society. i don't ever endorse bashing gays, but GLAAD damn sure doesn't care about gays and lesbians as much as anyone may think.

VISHNU LOCHAN

the threat is that gays and lesbians contract the diseases of aids and hiv easier than normal people. Their mixtures of generating chromosomes that makes the disease prominent is effectiving the people that come into close contact with gays and lesbians. It is a public health hazard and the public must know when they come into vicinity with such persons; it is safer for the majority of people in society. When a professional makes such satements as Larry Johnson; it is the way of icons and persons of idealology to notify the public when such issues reach a point of conservative/ liberal issuance. Thus notify the public by outgoing and sightly behavior that you may be recognized as an intellectual being with others in mind. "Do unto others as they should do unto you".

dallas boy

One of you wrote, "words don't kill," Well tell Matthew Sheppard that.

rodneyredlight

Who cares? Eff GLAAD, and NAMBLA...and all those other "feel sorry for our cause because people hurt our feelings" groups. Jeez, get a life.

ariel

get over it. people say what they feel. let them be. as long as they don't physically hurt someone, things will be alright. try being black or asian or a woman every day all day knowing that you're hated in some places just by how you look. we all have something that bothers each other and that's life. it's not always pleasant, but you can make the most out of it with the ones you love.

Sbro

That's rediculous "Uh-Huh." I do not use those words because they are hurtful and hateful but I do not agree with anyone telling me I can't say ANYTHING. That's like telling you you are not allowed to be gay, what's the difference? Freedom of speech is a right that should not be taken away. You are allowed to be gay no matter what you might say. If people are so "afraid" of gays and lesbians as you stated, how come almost all of the people who posted used their names and you were afraid to use a real name? Who is the "hate filled coward"?

j

#87
Was he cussed to death?

Sbro

Thanks to my freedom of speech I am allowed to say "Thank God gay marriage is not legal, I personally do not agree with it."

jOhNNy bOttLeS

I thought Larry Johnson was gay, and is gay ! Co-workers told me he was, they walked into his condo and said they seen some weird things that didnt line up with his chosen profession. Guess thats why he acts like a b*tch.

Jeep Fu

Oh n0es! A homosexual is offended! Someone do something! Someone take action! /sarcasm

Give me a break.

You know what? Homosexuality offends ME! Am I not allowed to be offended?
Can I fine homosexuals?
Can I fire homosexuals?
Can I demand homosexuals apologize?
Hypocritical bigots.

Herbert

I hope his punishment is to kiss another guy...during halftime on the field with a close up of the big smooch for the jumbotron and national tv! Or better yet, make him do it at the Super Bowl during halftime for 100 million Americans to see! That would make up for his derogatory remarks!

Joshua

This story is so Gay!!

SUSAN

YOU KNOW WHAT...OVERSEAS, THE WORD ALSO MEANS CIGARETTE! I'M SO SICK OF THESE PEOPLE GETTING UPSET ABOUT EVERY WORD ANYONE SAYS. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE IS GAY, THEN THE REST OF AMERICA DOESN'T HAVE TO WALK ON EGGSHELLS!
ONCE UPON A TIME, GAY MEANT HAPPY...DID WE RAISE CAIN BECAUSE THEY STOLE A LEGITIMATE WORD?! HECK NO.
JUST BECAUSE IT'S YOUR CAUSE, DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU HAVE TO SHOVE IT DOWN OUR THROAT. WE HAVE CHILDREN TO RAISE, AND I DON'T WANT THESE MORONS SHOVING THEIR MORAL COMPASS INTO MY CHILDREN'S HEAD!

IT GOES BOTH WAYS, I WOULDN'T WANT ADULTS GIVING MY KIDS POINTERS ON HOW TO LIVE A PROMISCUOUS LIFESTYLE WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX.
YOUR PERSONAL LIFE IS YOUR PERSONAL LIFE...THE ONES THAT WE SHOULD BE PASSING MAJOR LEGISLATION OVER ARE INNOCENT CHILDREN WHO HAVE BEEN RAPED AND MOLESTED! GIVE ME A BREAK!

SP

I still say it is a free country for now, but he would not want someone calling him the banned to the whites N word. And why these morons post on here crap about Rush Limbaugh is beyond me, look back at history Democrats are more racist than conservative Republicans.