« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

GLAAD to NFL: Punish Larry Johnson

10/26/2009 6:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson is in hot water with GLAAD -- after the former NFL Pro-Bowler reportedly dropped the homophobic f-bomb twice in the last 24 hours.

Larry Johnson
President of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation Jarrett Barrio is calling for the NFL to take action against Johnson, saying "All too often this is the word that is used to ridicule and harass young gay and transgender athletes on local sports fields across America.

Professional athletes who use this word need to be held accountable for feeding a climate of intolerance toward our community. NFL officials need to take action and condemn this and future uses of this anti-gay epithet
."

Earlier today, it was reported Johnson hurled the slur at a group of reporters after he had already used the same f-word to attack someone on Twitter.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

anon69

Liberal in the Northeast- I was with you until YOUR ignorant comment at the end. Your region of the country isn't the only one that is educated or tolerant-and no I'm not on the west coast either. You generalize just like some of the other ignorant people here. In fact I'd be willing to bet there are many in your region that are "trashy and uneducated" and have NO use for the gay and lesbian lifestyle. Your attitude is one of the reasons I refuse to move back east. Your elitism and condescension are a bit maddening.

gayle

Now you have to watch every word you say in public if you are in sports/politics/celebs or you will pay dearly.

Millie

Wah, wah wah, these fruits need to get over it, we still have Freedom of Speech!

pua

So what indeed do you want us to call you, them????? Your excuses are still no leveling of the fact that the act and lifestyle is unnatural.. Remember both sides came from a man and a woman, you can't deny that, and in the end, when you want to have "Children", you still have to find somebody of the opposite sex willing to carry your seed to fruition. You don't need The bible, or Jimmy Swagart to tell you that, but you already know it and the sensitivity is misplaced at best.

jahinnan

who cares gay people don't have morals so how can they be offended

anon69

"THE GAME ISNT CATERED 2 U" Really? So gay people don't watch football? The NFL doesn't give a flip who watches as long as they watch. It's all about the dollars. I'll bet you don't think there are any homosexuals playing for the NFL either. Macho bulls**t.

Dawn

Well ya know what... GLAAD offends me. They're obnoxious queers... LOL. I hate reading anything they have to say. At least I can sleep sound at night knowing they will all burn in hell one day.

AJ

GLAAD and PETA are the 2 dumbest/ most useless organizations on the planet

Prophet

**** need to quit whining and live with the fact that they are not normal.

Prophet

F**s need to quit whining and live with the fact that they are not normal and no matter how many laws are passed that will never change!

crissy red

I wish one day soon that we true Transgender persons do NOT have to included under the GLAAD banner. We have NOTHING to do with gay/straight issues, nothing. I'm so sick of GLAAD using transgender issues to further there own gay/lesbian agendas. Transgender people are going fast and can act for themselves. When I became transgender, any gay man who previously called me a friend, now want nothing to do with me. Its sickening how gays are acting all concerned with transgender people, when they are the cruelest and most prejudice!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7