Liz Taylor: MJ Film Is Greatest Movie Ever Made!

10/26/2009 7:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Liz Taylor saw an advanced screening of the Michael Jackson docu-film "This Is It" last night -- and to say she liked it could be the biggest understatement of all time.

Liz Taylor, Michael Jackson

Taylor went to Twitter just moments ago where the star of such Hollywood classics like "Cleopatra," "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" and a ton of other iconic films wrote the following statement about "This Is It":

"It is the single most brilliant piece of filmmaking I have ever seen."

Liz continued, "I wept from pure joy at his God given gift. There will never, ever be the likes of him again."

UPDATE
: Taylor is blasting Tweet after Tweet ... she just referred to Michael as a "modern day prophet."

Jill

hey all you haters...we all know you will also be at the movie trying to blend in. you all love MJ you know you do. but we fans will be able to sniff you out like a bad fart.

kimmie

missumj50

NOBODY CAN TOUCH THIS PERFORMANCE...................

TAKING THE HOUSE DOWN IN NEW YORK CITY................

THE ENDING IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP - MJ

alreadybad

I miss him so much.

Jill

missumj50

148. Michael Jackson was the best entertainer/performer/song writer/poet/humanitarian and human ever to touch this earth. He was decades ahead of us. People made and will continue to make fun of him when given the opportunity. Funny thing is, even in his early day interviews compared to his most recent ones, his message was always the same "L O V E". He never stumbled on what he truly believed and that's what impressed me the most and made me realize that the world lost more than just a entertainer/singer, the world lost a man with a pure heart. I hope he's found eternal peace... RIP MJ God Bless your children.

Posted at 9:57PM on Oct 26th 2009 by Kim

Very well put Kim - That was always MJ's message, LOVE. And what some people did to this giving, ahead of his time man, they will have to live with that. MJ was definitely no ordinary man. He had talents beyond the stars. There was a message he was sent here to deliver, most of us got it, and a few did not. I consider myself one of them that has been touched by this gift from God. I am truly blessed to have lived in a time to witness Mr. Michael Jackson, thank you for that God.

Justice and Love for Michael

nan

truth ...if you care so much about rankings why arent you on a bob dylan site. or frank sinatra site ...by the way he was terrific too .why do you care ??not being mean ..i am just asking

puffinstuff

The woman couldn't possibly be biased when it came to THAT movie, could she?
But I think Liz loved everything MJ did, anyway.

Mary

I think Liz has dementia or is blind as hell. Michael would've NEVER wanted this movie to be shown all over the world, let alone even to be made! He was a stellar performer and always wanted to be shown that way - not as an emaciated, struggling performer. SAME ON AEG and SONY, disgusting and unconscionable way to present a beautiful, loving, gifted-artist and entertainer of all time. He was a wonderful man with a beautiful soul. I love Michael Jackson.

oreo

Hypocrites

152. the truth tried to be a smart azz and came out looking like an idiot. RE: top 100

Posted at 10:07PM on Oct 26th 2009 by haters are idiots

No I corrected myself but look at all you fools who think MJ was the all time best and he is number one. Yeah ok MJ didn't even make the top 10. I will say this at least I corrected myself and are not like you dumbazz fans who think everything they say is right.

dmsundt

I'm pretty sure the tweets were all one long message that she couldn't fit into one tweet (since there is a character limit)
Don't bash liz taylor she is going through a hard time

TMZ ROCKS ON

I love Liz, but I could have sworn that she thought the best movie ever made was Cleopatra. Or Butterfield 8. Or Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

missumj50

157. Many years ago when he was in the jackson 5, who would have thought his life would turn out the way it did. So sad,RIP.

Posted at 10:12PM on Oct 26th 2009 by was the fame and fortune worth it all?

That is the fault of an everhounding media and papparazzi, who would just never leave MJ alone. Never gave him his privacy, he has spoken about that many a time.

Jill

Thriller speaks for itself.... record sales since June speak volumes.... and on and on and on and on and on and on...KING OF POP!!!!!!!