Arnold Klein Claims Partial Credit for 'This Is It'

10/29/2009 9:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Arnold Klein claims his medical treatments during the last three months of Michael Jackson's life were partly responsible for "This Is It."

Dr. Klein's rep is responding to the story we broke -- that he's filed a creditor's claim for services he performed on Jackson during the last 3 months of his life. Klein wants $48,522.89 for his services -- 179 procedures.

Dr. Klein's rep says the bills were all "valid medical treatment." The statement goes on ... "As anyone can see from viewing "This Is It," Michael Jackson looked great, and this was due, in part, to Dr. Klein's skill, hard work and dedication."

The statement addresses the weekend charge for medical services, claiming Klein needed to rent a helicopter to get to Jackson.

As we reported, on one Saturday Jackson went to Klein's office and got 4 I.M. Injections for a minor Restylane treatment -- we're told an I.M. Injection is typically a Demerol injection.

In the statement, Klein says he'll donate any money he receives from the estate to a charity that provides assistance to inner city kids with HIV.

Duh

OH PLEASE!!!! LAPD why isn't this quack in JAIL?????!!!

OMG he is a megalomaniac if he thinks that the reason Michael looked good was because of him! And further, that he is partly responsible for the success of the movie! I can't say what I want to right now because TMZ would have to call the cops and they'd come get me for making terrorist threats against that pig.

Smooth Criminals

It's getting frustrating watching TMZ Live.

Please, Harvey, a little more answering news related questions and a little least staffer stories. Funny to you--a bit boring to a lot of us.

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

I believe him, cause all the drugs he administered to Michael kept Michael going.....

That was the only way Michael could get through those rehearsals, is to stay drugged up, that is why the many visits to Kleins officer, hell don't blame the doctor Michael had a hand in this mess as well, as so do the promoters of "This IS it".

Angie

Congressman ron paul

This is getting ridiculous now. I'm tired of reading about all these people wanting money from him. Some of these claims aren't even legit
Hope karma strike back at these bitches and get sued for pain and suffer from mj estate.

Is branco a good guy or bad beacuse i have a bad feeling about him ven though they been bff for century?

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/29/dr-arnold-klein-michael-jackson-estate-creditors-claim-demerol/1#c22694665#ixzz0VNTZi5RB

i know how much is the dude making and i bet there more fursted then we are there probably 53213 claim over the year and just keep them quiet!

Jess

What? 179 procedures in three months. Medical board wake up! Almost two procedures a day. Dermol treatments?

Kazzar

just pay and get rid of him. The less we have to hear about this bloke the better.

Duh

19. Dr Klein was the reason why Michael looked so fabulous? I love MJ and all, but wasnt Michael on tape saying that he felt like he looked like a lizard?

Posted at 9:18PM on Oct 29th 2009 by Angie

Yes, Michael did say that, although I don't know how long ago that was. Michael was never happy with the way he looked; I don't know what he saw in the mirror but I always thought he was gorgeous until he had too much surgery on his nose. But that was eventually fixed and he was gorgeous again. And anyway, like someone said on the other board, his true beauty lay elsewhere - we don't love Michael for what he looked like, we love him for who he was inside. I just wish he knew that, really, truly knew that.

nan

muscles

MJ did look a little better than he did at the 02 announcement, but I did notice that there were rarely any close-ups of MJ in TII, and the film was not in sharp focus despite HD, so it was very hard to tell what "work" Klein did on MJ recently.

Anyway, MJ could have had a veil on and still would have been brilliant in the movie, of course. MJ's charisma and electricity never had anything to do with his face, really, except for his brilliant smile and soulful eyes, which would have always been beautiful without Klein around. (That said, do wish there were a few more direct closeups of him in the movie, just to feel his presence in it more.)

Really, Dr. Klein is taking credit for the success of this movie - rubbish! (Though there is a possibility that the IM injections he gave MJ made it possible for MJ to attend some of those rehearsals, unfortunately.)

blameitonkarma

No, seriously. This guy looks like Prince. EXACTLY like Prince. Check out his picture here.

Identical.

Duh

24. does the madness ever end with all these drama queens standing next to the talent?? i am surprised mj made it to fifty surrouned be these wanna be celebrities.this man knew mj for many many years and what it really comes down to is it yet another press release for this idiot...talk about a FATAL ATTRACTION,,it is so painful to witness this crap

Posted at 9:26PM on Oct 29th 2009 by candy girl

I agree! But it is also making me very, very angry, and I don't get truly angry easily. I'd like to go to LA and !@#$%&* Dr. Klein. It's sad that we have the First Amendment and I have to watch what I say about this pig so that *I* don't get in trouble. Bastard.

Smooth Criminals

I guess I missed the part where Michael had his arm twisted and made to go to Klein's office.

Authorities already had Michael's medical records from Klein, so what's in his claim against the estate can't be any revelation to them. I'm sure Klein consulted his attorney before he submitted the claim.

muscles

Also, Karen Faye deserves more credit for making MJ "look great" than Klein, IMO. You won't ever see her file any claim, I am sure.

pl

This is just too crazy...Next we're going to see Conrad Murray suing the estate claiming since he was the one that gave MJ the propfol that killed him and because of that, Mj is now worth millions more than he would have been if he had done the O2 concerts he wants his fair share of the profits!!