« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star's Agent -- You Can't Use the F-Word?

10/29/2009 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NFL Star's Agent Larry Johnson's agent claims he's appealing the KC Chiefs decision to suspend the running back for dropping a gay slur this week -- but the real story is that the agent claims he "didn't realize" the F-word was offensive in the first place.

TMZ spoke with Peter Schafer -- who is also Johnson's lawyer -- who explained:

"We know the N-word is unacceptable, that's not disputable -- but f*g? I'm learning that there's a segment of our society that finds it offensive and that it should not be used. I didn't realize that, but I do know now..."

FYI -- Johnson was suspended for conduct deemed "detrimental to the team."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

luckyguess3

What a loser...ask him if he likes being called the "F" word...

Chinshrub

What an idiot...he didn't know better? Right. The suspension is warranted.

Jessica

If this guy literally did not know that the "F" word was offensive, then he is the dumbest person on the face of this planet.

So does this mean I can call Johnson a n***er and then just say "Oh I didn't know that would offend you".. and it'll all go away?

I call bs.

tennis

Both are stupid

Shawn

Maybe he needs a new lawyer?

A Person

Who cares? Another celebrity bullied by the stupid, sensitive homosexuals.

????

He called him a cigarette! Geesh. Whats wrong with that?

Maisy

Basically the team handlers are saying that the special interest groups can cause too much of a head ache than it's worth. They made this Johnston guy the wipping boy to avoid a law suit.

Jill

TMZ. This is only half the story. Johnson also twittered some offensive remarks about the head coach the same day. Johnson has a history of bad behavior. He probably didn't know it was wrong to spit in a girl's face or throw a drink at them or wave a gun around either, huh? I'm not bitter, just tired of this guy's antics.

hpergrl

Really? He expects us to believe that this is the first time he has ever heard that the "F" word is offensive. What a douche-like way to behave. Anyone who has been alive long enough to learn a language knows that word is just as hateful and demeaning than any other slur.

Lisa-Centereach

What an ASS................................

princesspink

What makes me sk he probably says "bitch"" (or the B-word)) a daily basis and NOTHING is done about it -- it probably wont even be deleted from my post-- I know it can be heard on T.V. daily and nothing is done. But the N-word of the F-word is SOOO horrible! For women, the B-word is just as bad. But no one cares. Jeesh... sexism is so much worse than racism or homoism these days. No one cares.

Cali MJ Fan

What effin (f***88g) rock did this agent/lawyer crawl out from under?

GLAAD, your services are needed ... again.

Mikey

Now f ags don't like to be called f ags? What is going on in this country?!

Cali MJ Fan

To the other posters here: there is no need for hating others because they are different than you. May you never find yourself in a class of people who are discriminated against for their differences.

This player is an American, not an Englishman, therefore the definition of this word in the UK has no bearing here in the states, whatsoever. Nor did this player mean to call the reporters a "cigarette".

It is also interesting to see a black man refer to another class of fellow humans in such a derogitory term considering the generations of his ancestors that fought for their rights of equality which he is so fruitfully enjoying today.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments