Soldier Allegedly Threatened to Kill Miley Cyrus

10/29/2009 6:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miley Cyrus had one hell of a summer -- yesterday officials revealed that a 2nd man was arrested near Miley's Georgia movie set ... but this time the suspect is a 22-year-old soldier who allegedly threatened to murder the actress.

Soldier Allegedly Threatened to Kill Miley Cyrus
The man in the photo is Sean Christian Mathis -- and in June, cops say he rolled up to Miley's movie set in a t-shirt and swim trunks, saw Miley's stunt double and shouted, "Hey, it's Miley Cyrus, I'm going to f**king kill you."

According to the police report, an officer ran down and arrested Mathis for making "terroristic threats" and disorderly conduct. During the arrest, cops say Mathis informed them he was a soldier -- so the cops called the military police. The MPs then took Mathis back to his base. Yesterday, officials announced they will proceed with the case.

As TMZ reported, a 53-year-old man was busted near Miley's set in August for allegedly attempting to stalk the actress ... but yesterday a grand jury found there was insufficient evidence to pursue felony charges against him in Superior Court.

LTBK

#11 "Just another stupid kid" - The dog and cat scenerio was great. It could also be used for SO many situations in the way certain people behave. ESPECIALLY celebrities. Now this guy should be looked at and if there are no mental problems or priors he should be warned, told to stay away form her and let go. I think also he was problably drunk or just trying to get a laugh. Not an excuse but WOW when you look at the difference in peoples lives!!! If he has already been deployed can you imagine what he has seen in his young life compared to what she has basically been given! Yes I am sure she works hard at her "craft" but there is NO WAY she would be famous if it were not for her father pushing her (and him being famous of course).

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

It's a ploy to get him out of the military. I know a guy who jumped off a destroyer in the middle of the ocean. He got out. When i was in Naval Air a guy streaked around the base in the snow one winter--he got out too. Guy just probably doesn't want to go back to Iraq or Afghanistan.

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

TMZ needs to get on the ball. The same grand jury that chose not to indict 53 year old McLeod for a felony indicted this guy for "Terrorist Threats" a felony and "disorderly conduct", a misdemeanor. This article by TMZ seems like its a month old.
"Yesterday, officials announced they will proceed with the case."
Come on TMZ--yesterday they didn't DECIDE to proceed with the case. They INDICTED him.

thisisstupid!

when will people take these stalkers & threats seriuosly? do we need to see another star murdered by one of these stalkers before we wake up. Remember the Beatle John Lennon & a young actress named Rebecca Schaffer who was murdered by her stalker outside her apartment about 20 years ago (she was on the tv show "My Sister Sam"). Both of these guys should be behind bars. I don't care what your personal views of Miley are, no one deserves to have death wished on them because you don't like their clothes or music or whatever.

Tiger Tale

And you thought you had it bad. Miley has made a pile of enemies and she is only 16. Dang. Time to bail on Hollyweird and go to college Miss Cyrus.

Just sayin'

Go Sean!!

mary

Crazy!!

Quiet

I scrolled past to the third article below this one and then I started to giggle out loud over this caption..

Scott Brown

A 22 year old male approaches a teenage female,
then verbally threatens to kill her.

What kind of MAN is he suppose to be, threathening a teenage girl?
Excuse me, while I open my can of whoop-azz.

Sounds like a dishonorable-discharge to me...
I don't want my Tax $ being spent
for this loser, to have a job on my buck.

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

With all this talk about Miley going thru a rough summer look at Miley's little 9 year old sister's "Halloween costume"

Isn't the first time people have complained about what the 9 year old was wearing. One night Billy Ray was on the Hannity Show and Shawn Hannity praised him for being "such a great father". I think he's a lousy father but I can't help to wonder if hes also a ummm, creepy one too.

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

29 Geez Easy to see why Miley is so messed up. Look like daddy's training her replacement. I think theres more than Billy Ray just being a poor parent. I think he's a sick man, if you know what I mean. McKensey Phillips type of sick.

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

I'm with 21. Guy wants out of the military. When I was in the military some movie lot guard wouldn't stand a chance of catching me. Kid wanted to get caught. What really concerns me is that, if he's a soldier and really wanted to kill Miley she'd probably be dead.

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

32 I'll side with you guys. A trained soldier doesn't scream out "I'm going to kill you". They just kill you. Guy either snapped or is using this to get a discharge. If he did a tour he could claim he came back stressed like a lot do. Would get him an "Honorable under Medical Conditions". Won't get him out of the felony and misdemeaner raps though but, by using the same "mental stress" defense he used in the Military he'd get a break there also.

me

very weird looking dude...a small head atop a big circle

Brandon

Alright this really really really really really really does pisses me off.... you know what people, i know you are gonna say that im some freak but i dont care what you guys say about me... that solider, whatever his name is should be put in prison PERMANENTLY!!!! if i had a chance to talk to the police, i would tell them to lock him is a small cell FOREVER!!!! this guy really has my blood boiling now that I would like to go over to his base and smack him a ole great one...... I like Miley and I will still defend her..... (Miley, YOUI ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments