Swastika Guy to Taylor: I'm Sorry!

10/29/2009 4:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Taylor & AJThe guy at the core of the Taylor Swift swastika scandal claims it's possible the singer did not see the Nazi symbol on his chest when he pulled her in for a photo the other night.

The shirt-bearer, AJ English, tells TMZ he didn't know Taylor before Katy Perry's party last weekend -- and he's sorry for dragging her into the chaos.

As for why he had a swastika on his shirt in the first place -- English says it started out as an "X" but was "perverted" as the night went on, adding he's "not a racist" and doesn't support the Nazi agenda.

Geez

That symbol is also used in a positive manner and represent other things in Indian culture and Asian cultures.

So then, we will give it up to the two sides that use and consider it as a symbol of racism and hatred?

Thats weak and I dont like people to manipulate me and make me think what symbol means what. Of course, Im not going to go around Mid-Wilshire, La Brea with it on my chest! But, we give these symbols such power. And its used by BOTH sides of the racism/hatred groups for a purpose.

billiejeanRIP

more mj news???

Kooky Fan

Is that the KID THAT PLAYED PAUL on the WONDER YEARS???

saida

With the Swastica, the ends point to the left. With the Nazi symbol, they point to the right. It's not the same symbol.

Eli

ENOUGH with Taylor Swift!!!! All I hear in my head is, "she wears short skirts, i wear t shirts." PLEASE help me from thinking about Swift and her #*#@! music.

you belong to me-e-e,
clutche

PhillipP

It's all Kanye's fault.

Tony B

Hello!? McFLY?! HELLO!!!!

BRITNEY'S VIDEO FOR 3 IS DROPPING TOMORROW!!!!

Where ARE YOU on this, TMZ?

Sheesh!

Beth

The guy displayed some seriously faulty judgment by decorating his shirt with a swastika and/or letting others decorate his shirt with a swastika. But I've got to give him credit for manning up to his stupidity and recusing Taylor Swift.

More Info

Pink Blonde

*sigh* yet another idiot in the world trying to get famous for being a moron. Between crap like this and all the nut jobs obsessed with Jon Gosselin, I'm starting to think this country's collective brains are turning to mush as we speak.

Z

I think it's only appropriate. You know.... after the whole Kanye thing.... No?

Kelly

Now that I paid this fugly racist to get his picture taken with Taylor, the tide of public opinion is shifting.... Can I have my career back now? It's lonely here in hiding. (Hey Chris Brown, you think they bought it? mmuahahahaha)

RC

Maybe Kanye West knew what he was doing!!!!

raec

This is so unfair to taylor swift. There are some crazy pictures from this night that looks like an aweseom crazy let loose insane party/concept and shes a celebrity whos asked to take pictures a million times a day, shoo even I a non celebrity am asked to take a crazy number pictures at parties. I don't know and don't care in the carefree atmosphere of a party of whats going on and it just sucks that she got ropped in to this only because of who she is. I could see that happening to me seeing it and going oh delete and end of story.

Alecia

I didn't learn until I worked with a Holocaust museum that the swastika actually stands for peace. Hitler THOUGHT he would use that symbol to represent what his disturbed mind thought was peace.
Who knows what the guy's intention was, I'd look at that more than Taylor Swift.