Swastika Guy to Taylor: I'm Sorry!

10/29/2009 4:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Taylor & AJThe guy at the core of the Taylor Swift swastika scandal claims it's possible the singer did not see the Nazi symbol on his chest when he pulled her in for a photo the other night.

The shirt-bearer, AJ English, tells TMZ he didn't know Taylor before Katy Perry's party last weekend -- and he's sorry for dragging her into the chaos.

As for why he had a swastika on his shirt in the first place -- English says it started out as an "X" but was "perverted" as the night went on, adding he's "not a racist" and doesn't support the Nazi agenda.

John

FYI
The Swastika is a religious symbol for life. It is on the feet and toes of most Buddha statues. It is clearly seen on the massive reclining Buddha in Thailand. It was a mental person who perverted the meaning of this Buddhist symbol.

TYRONE

THE SWASTIKA IS NOT REALLY THAT BAD. COMING FROM A PERSON OF COLOR.
TRACE THE HISTORY FURTHER BACK THAN U HAVE. CHECK IT OUT.

Kelly

Of course that was not an "X" on homeboy's shirt, I painted that swastika perfectly, while Beyonce was getting the chinese-looking little white chick drunk so she wouldn't notice the shirt. Jay-Z took the picture! Nobody cheats my homegirl ou of an award! Can I come out now America?

Joy

COME ON HARVEY, GIVE ME A BREAK. I WATCH TMZ EVERYDAY, BUT IF YOU MAKE A MOUNTAIN OUT OF A MOLEHILL OVER THIS I'M GOING TO STOP WATCHING TMZ.TAYLOR SWIFT IS A YOUNG GIRL. I REALLY DON'T THINK SHE PAID ANY ATTENTION TO WHAT WAS ON THIS GUYS SHIRT AND IF SHE DID PROBABLY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANT. EVERYBODY ESPECIALLY YOUNGER PEOPLE DON'T KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT THE NAZI'S AND THAT IS NOT UNCOMMON IN PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN SHELTER ALL THEIR LIFE. PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH ARE NOT ALWAYS DUMB AS YOU PEOPLE THINK . WE ARE SHELTER AND PROTECTED MOST ALL OUR LIFE. EVERYONE HAS JUST BEEN WAITING FOR TAYLOR TO MESS UP , BECAUSE OF ALL THE SUPPORT SHE GOT WHEN KANYE WAS SO STUPID TO DO WHAT HE DID.THAT SUPRISED EVERYONE WHEN THE COUNTRY TOOK SIDES WITH TAYLOR. LISTEN HE THINKS HE'S GOD.DON'T TRY TO BRING TAYLOR DOWN. SHE IS AN INNOCENT YOUNG FUN LOVING GIRL, THAT LOVES EVERYONE. SHE WOULD NOT HURT A FLY. LEAVE HER ALONE AND EVERYBODY ELSE, JUST QUIT TRYING TO WATCH TAYLOR SO CLOSE TO TRY AND GET EVEN.HOW STUPID THIS IS TO EVEN GIVE IT ANY ATTENTION., WHEN ANYONE WHO KNOWS TAYLOR KNOWS SHE WOULD NEVER EVER DO ANYTHING TO HURT SOMEONE. IN FACT SHE WOULD GO OUT OF HER WAY TO AVOID HURTING ANYONE. I THINK IT SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF YOUR WEBSITE AND NEVER TALKED ABOUT AGAIN. HOW VERY MEAN AND SPITEFUL FOR THIS TO EVER BEEN MENTION.IT REALLY SHOWS IT FOR WHAT IT IS. JUST WAITING FOR TAYLOR TO MAKE ONE LITTLE MISTAKE SO IT CAN HELP TO MAKE KANYE LOOK BETTER. IN MY BOOK KANYE COULDN'T NEVER LOOK BETTER EVEN A HUNDRED YEARS FROM NOW. HE DID A VERY DUMB THING AND IT COULD NEVER LOOK BETTER.

Karen

It's a party, Taylor swift doesnt have any control over what people are wearing, Guy is an ass, but going nuts on Swift, get a life. You people live to much in the celebrity world.

Joy

YOU KNOW THE MORE I LOOK AT THE PHOTO OF TAYLOR SWIFT AND THIS YOUNG MAN, THE MORE I THINK THE PHOTO IS A PHONEY. THE SWASTIKA IS PAINTED ON THE PICTURE NOT ON THE SHIRT. THIS HAS BEEN A SET UP. PHOTO SHOP, I SMELL A RAT. YES I'M POSTIVE THIS HAS BEEN DOCTOR TO LOOK LIKE IT'S PAINTED ON THE SHIRT BUT IT HASN'T. IT'S ON THE PICTURE. SO TAYLOR DIDN'T EVEN SEE THIS. I STILL DON'T THINK SHE WOULD KNOWN WHAT IT WAS. TAYLOR YOU'VE BEEN SET UP. BOY YOU REALLY GOT TO KANYE. WHEN THE WORLD TOOK UP FOR YOU HONEY. BE CAREFUL, HE AND HIS SO THINKING BIG BOYS ARE OUT TO MAKE YOU LOOK BAD. TAKE CARE FOR AWHILE THEY WILL TRY TO SET YOU UP AGAIN. PEOPLE WITH BAD TEMPERS DON'T GET OVER THINGS EASY, TAYLOR. WATCH YOURSELF.

sheritababy

well everyone is jumping on tayolrs case, what about katy perry? it was her party, is this the type of people she hangs with? guilty by association!!!!1

The Running Back

He is a psychedelic Nazi. I must have that shirt I just love the color.

The Running Back

He is a psychedelic Nazi. I just love that shirt and the color of it. I must have it.

mick

offensive my @ss. everybody's acting like a little bitch these days.

neon

So people are freaking out because of this picture but do people know what this symbol actually means? This is the budhist symbol for peace. It is "a mark made on persons and things to denote good luck" Wikipedia.

Today'ss generation is not blinded by racist stereotypes and by promoting the peaceful budhist aspect of this symbol we can forget about the racism this symbol holds but the peace, luck and eternality it was originaly intended to represent.

brooke cheshewalla

the symbol was originally and to this day a symbol of peace created by the cherokee tribe long before hitlerever abused it.

deedee

So what's the "JH" on her dress...is she a Jew hater?

Ron Natale

Just watched your show about this subject and Harvey made the comment about the swastika, another person made a comment, in fact, quite a few did. However, prior to the Nazi's use of the swastika it was a symbol of life and it appears on buildings in the United States and was even a unit patch for the US Army. It is a revered symbol in parts of the world in mysticism which is why the Nazi's used it. It is regretful that a symbol that was used as hope was used by the Nazi's and became a hated symbol. I just felt that a bit of information should be given. What if they used a cross instead? Just a few thoughts.

Bella

What about her dress? It has JH on it. Does that mean Jew Hater? Just wondering because that is what I thought when I looked at his shirt and then her dress. If so totally classless.