Oprah -- Double Standard on Domestic Abuse?

10/30/2009 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah took a hard stand on Chris Brown, but just a few days ago the talk show host allowed another famous alleged woman-abuser on her show -- and now the victim says she feels betrayed.

Oprah -- Double Standard on Domestic Abuse?

The man in question is gospel singer BeBe Winans -- who is accused of shoving his ex-wife Debra Winans to the ground in front of their kids back in February. BeBe was on "Oprah" on Friday to pimp out his new gospel CD -- his domestic violence charge is pending until another court hearing next year.

Debra tells TMZ she's "hurt by Oprah's decision to have Bebe on the show" -- especially after she refused to have Chris Brown on her show in the wake of the Rihanna beating.

Calls to Oprah's people were not returned.

ren

she forgets she asked michael jackson if he was a virgin? someone should ask her when as th last time she had sex? she'd flip talk about a double standard!!!!

Auntee Rach Rach

It's called "two faced"..................it is what it is....yeah know....just like with Micheal Jackson's death...........she made reference to the allegations as if he was found guilty........... I don't recall any court of law finding Micheal guilty of anything...........in the child molestation charges/cases/stagings there were a whole lotta people involved (big and small) who set out for money (the root to all evil)and Micheal Jackson's demise..........poor man.

SERIOUSLY!!!

I THINK THE 'BIG O' SHOULD HAVE A 'HEAD ROLLING' CONVERSATION WITH HER STAFF. THEY AREN'T DOING THEIR HOMEWORK AS FAR AS DOING BACK GROUND CHECKS ON GUESTS. SEEMS THEY LET A LOT OF UNRESEARCHED PEOPLE APPEAR ON HER SHOW THAT HAVE LATER COME BACK TO BITE HER IN THE ASS...DR. PHIL FOR ONE, THE DRUG GUY WHO WROTE THE SELF-RECOVERY BOOK (later found out he fabricated the his story), THE SCHOOL SHE STARTED .... just to name a few

rachelle

I wish she would just GO AWAY!!!!

AMP

I am not going to name call but I feel Oprah has changed and I do not agree with her. She has done alot of great things but it does seem like it is for one race and it doesn't involve all humans.

Her agenda seems to bring her fame and fortune. I'd rather count it all for lost and God be the Glory but that's not Oprah.

NanPaige

That is totally a double standard. An abuser is an abuser! Oprah shouldn't have allowed BeBe on her show, because she didn't allow Chris to be on. In my opinion, all abusers should be castrated.

Ladydi

I used to really like Oprah, but she is soo full of herself now,
she can't loose weight so she focusing her long hair now,,
I always felt she was too hard on Chris, he was only 19 he has alot of growing up to do..
She has had plenty of grown men on her stage with a history of abuse and she wants to dog this young man...As long as he was getting counseling she should have left it alone..
Thanks for calling her out TMZ..abuse is abuse...

Opraj is a two faced fake bitch! She disses Michael Jackson, then has a 'tribute' for him then has his brothers on. During thi 'tribute' she ridicules Michael for 'plugging' his book, yet she has people on all the time who plug stuff, and she is always trying to unload her overpriced magazine! Then she degrades rappers, yet wants desperately to have JZ on---he would not do her show for a long time. She will do anything/say anything for ratings, attention, and to act all mighty. Why she ever has 'experts' on her show is a mystery because she already knows everything and tells them so!! I cannot stand the woman...she used to keep it real but got too big even for Oprah!!! She is tabloid.

danica

BeBe had to get a restraining order against his ex-wife. She's a fool. She pulls stunts like this all the time and tries to interfere with his visitation with his kids. She likes attention.

Oprah knows the deal as do most people in their circle so no double standard. The court will throw this case out.

Debbie

Oprah makes me sick! She used to be okay but somewhere along the way she started bringing her no talent friends on then judging people according to how she thinks her audience will react.People in the audience follow whatever she says like they have no opinion or mind of their own... Sickening!

KKK

And what about Tyson. She is SUCH a hypocrite that I cant stand her.
She thinks she is the almighty and she isnt. She " jumped the shark" a LONG time ago. She needs to GO......

Karen

Oprah, give it up already! You're starting to sound twisted now. I no longer watch your show for the longest time now! I've just read about your stupid interviews on the news. All my friends have the same opinion about you now. You're show is caput! Move On and out of the public eye for good!! You no longer can come up with anything original anymore. How many more Bra experts are going to be on your show??? I won't know though, I'm done watching!

Detroit

Pretty much in agreement with everyone else!!!But i think the argument may be is that there were photos of a beaten and battered Rihanna and chris pretty much admitted that he beat Rihanna.BeBe and ex-wife's situation it's her word against his evidence proves who's being truthful and I think his daughter is speaking out against him and oprah about this situation. Time will tell

Melissa

ACCUSED and convicted are two DIFFERENT things..do you people read much?

JustSayin