Hoff Gambles with Sobriety in Canadian Casino

11/4/2009 7:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David HasselhoffDavid Hasselhoff has fallen off the wagon once again ... TMZ has learned -- this time making a drunken spectacle out of himself during a trip to Canada this weekend.

We know the Hoff -- who's famously struggled with alcohol in the past -- was drunk in British Columbia over the weekend and caused a scene.

Multiple sources tell us it all went down at the Cascade Casino, when The Hoff somehow got himself involved in an altercation with an elderly patron.

We're told three casino security personnel were called to the scene ... and Hoff was eventually escorted away.

But here's the most shocking part ... We're told Hoff was seen drinking again just 7 hours later.

So far, no comment from Hoff's camp.

Bev in florida

You seem to forget he is a person just like you or me. Being an actor doesn't make him any different. More money, still same as you or me. Leave the guy alone. We all have our weekness difference is it isn't published on every tabloid.. Love ya hoff....

Juliette

YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!!!!!

CriticAl

Just throw his giant hamburger down on the carpet and Hoff is all good.

megafox

this guy is really friendly person you just need to know him a little. I really wish I could help him. it makes me sad to see all the mean comments here. Hoff is totally nice person naturally polite to people and stop to help when it is needed. Pls pray for him

Mary Worth

David dear it's threatening your life.

You know how we use a pie chart as a graph. Many alcoholics also use that to explain the many reasons for their using. Individually, or course.
Here's an explanation:
A big percentage of the pie is when an alcoholic doesn't care; because he/she convinces self that it's too much fun!
Another is when he/she cares, but compulsively surrenders because it's a habit.
Another is "I'll quit tomorrow!"
Still another is to anesthetize the inner pain; calm the nerves.
Also because one resents another person they know.
And it goes on and on. If one slice isn't palatable, one takes a different slice.

I highly recomment that you read the big book. There are many personal stories of alcoholics who surrendered to a higher power.

Life is full of paradoxes, isn't it David?
For example, one has to give away their love, in order to get love.
One has to surrender, to their higher power in order to win the war.

You will find that once you started becoming an alcoholic, you stopped growing emotionally. You have to start all over again.

Even if you stop, you will have to understand that alcohol is POWERFUL, BAFFLING and CUNNING.
I will add that it's PERSISTANT! It will continue nagging at you.
For now you have the disease. All kinds of bad thinking will assail you, determined to make you drink again. (Some call them "personal demons")

Just the facts, dear David!
Many of us will pray for you, that despite yourself, you will find a person or a group, like AA, who will love you

Jinxy Cat

I've read everywhere he keeps falling "off the wagon" and getting drunk....again.... However, I don't think he ever quit drinking to begin with, I really don't

sarah

This is a strange article, because David was in New York this weekend.. and now he's in Berlin.

Mary Worth

Alcohol will whip his azz. Not only messes with the Hoff, but make him cry uncle.
Would love to counsel him.

Seriously, it attacks so many organs, esp. the brain!

He'll quit one way or the other. He'll either be institutionalized, incarcerated, or planted six feet under.
BUT HE WILL QUIT!

shuffler

Dear Hoff,
It's my sincere wish you kick the bottle. Without KITT by your side, this world can be harsh, I know. But I believe you can do it.

Love, shuffler.

cha ching

TMZ on AA patrol!

Mikey

I think he has a allergy to cheeseburgers which makes him drink.

Christina

MY FAMILY SAW HIM ONE DAY AT METHODIST HOSPITAL IN ARCADIA, CA. MY NIECE WAS TAKEN THERE BY AMBULANCE AND HIS FATHER WAS ILL. HE WAS SUCH A NICE MAN. HE EVEN WENT AS FAR AS WISHING MY NIECE WELL AND SIGNING AND SIGNING A PICTURE. I REALLY WISH THE BEST FOR HIM. WE ALL HAVE OUR FLAWS AND OBVIOUSLY ALCOHOL IS HIS WORST ENEMY AND CLOSEST FRIEND. GOD BLESS HIM.

Chris

I live in Langley, BC where this incident supposedly took place. The local paper did a story on it and can't find anyone to verify it. They also checked with the local RCMP and they have no record of the incident. To read the newspaper account google Langley Times.

Maggie

Keep him on ur side of the border!!! :)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3