Mariah -- Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel

11/5/2009 10:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Wearing one of Lady GaGa's one-piece castoffs and the remains of Britney's pre-conservatorship weave, Mariah Carey hung out on the beach in L.A. on Wednesday.

0921-media-removed-britney

The sexy 40-year-old diva took the plunge ... and showed off her photoshop-free curves.

shysquirrel

I wish I looked like that! hahah but I totally wouldnt wear that god awful swimsuit.

Nance

She looks a mess

roo

There has to be a classier way for her to show off her curves.

Lori

If she is happy with herself at that size, then great but I think she'd look better a LITTLE thinner.

pollynoo

Ewww...nice cankles...

Kimi

she doesn't have a bad figure, she just doesn't seem to have a clue how to dress herself appropriately. she makes herself look fat by wearing the wrong clothes for her body type. she needs to realize she's 39 yrs old and 39 yr old women shouldn't dress like a 19 yr old.

The Seer

Is it possible she's taking fertility drugs? That may explain the weight gain.

JBallz

I'm going to save all my bacon fat and build my own Mariah Carey.

joho777

I still prefer Mary Carey to Mariah.

Trooper Tom

If she is going to insist on wearing clothing 2 or 3 sizes too small then at least go to the gym and tighten up that body

Brian

I thought that was a joke at first. She looks AWFUL! She has thighs like a lineman for the Chargers! She had to TRY to gain that much weight! She doubled her size1 Diva??? Hardly, she looks nasty & I don't want to hear the age excuse....

Maritza

So what? Nick says, "there's more of you to love". He's so sweet with her, that's true love.

Violette-Blue

You know what? She needs to realize she isn't 18 anymore. She'll be 40 in March. She needs to get into the reality that she can't wear certain outfits any longer. She needs to cover up, dress appropriately, cut that hair and accept that she is no longer a teen queen. I hate that with so much technology these days they are going to make her unbelievable thin like with photoshop on her magazine covers. She isn't even that big of a girl. She's what normal American women are and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being curvy or having some meat on your bones. She needs to find a good wardrobe person and new manager to help her come to the reality of it all.

LD

I love how you captured the seagull as well as the glamorous Mariah Cannon.

Riley

The sad thing is that her personality is worse than her look.