« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Reggie Jackson Lookin' for a Handout

11/5/2009 2:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Reggie Jackson led the New York Yankees to two World Series wins and currently serves as the team's "special adviser" -- yet for some reason, he was hitting up a former Phillies player for tickets to last night's game!

Reggie Jackson & Joe Morgan: Click to watch
We found Mr. October in front of his NY hotel where he tried begging onetime Philadelphia second baseman/current ESPN analyst Joe Morgan for a few extra tix.

We're guessin' Reggie got what Reggie needed.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Larry

FIRST!!!

FootballFan

Love both men as players, especially Joe Morgan. Reggie Jackson was one of the greatest postseason performers ever, but he is an ass*&$% as a person. He was scheduled to appear at a convention in my area. I was so excited to have the chance to meet Mr. October, in person, only to find out that he canceled his flight the same day.

Saw a previous vidoe post on TMZ from someone saying they got stiffed for an autograph by Reggie when they were a young kid. This comes as no surprise at all. My older cousin lives out in California, and is a die-hard Angels fan. She used to go to games with my late uncle, and would always get autographs from Angels and opposting players after the game in the parking lot.

Most of Angels players were great with the fans (Grich, DeCinces, Baylor, Corbett, Zahn are a few that come to mind). The ONLY player my cousin could never obtain an autograph from was Reggie. Each time she approached him, even after an Angels win, he would turn her and other fans down.

Am so glad Reggie and a group of investors lost out to Arturo Moreno for the purchasing rights to the Angels. Mr. Moreno, you have worked wonders both on and off the field for your community and have given so much back to the city of Los Angeles. I could only imagine what the franchise would be like if Reggie owned it. FAR FROM IDEAL I can assure you!!

Reggie, you are a Hall of Fame baseball player, but an egotistical, greedy, phony, mean-spirited sociopath/douchebag as a human being!!

Howard Leibowitz

Joe Morgan played for the Philadelphia for one year at the end of his 22 year career, batting .230. Calling him a "onetime Philadelphia second baseman" is pushing it. Morgan is a Red!!

strosfan

Better check your stats. Morgan played longer in Houston for the Colts and the Astros than he ever did for the Reds.

balls

balls

Gee

I remember he had a CANDY BAR named after him some 30 years ago. Do you know how I remember that? Because I was pregnant with my first child and craved REGGIE BARS? Does anyone else remember them?

alex milstein

Wasn't Reggie in the Yankees dugout last night?