Joe Jackson Wants Money from MJ's Estate

11/6/2009 6:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Joe Jackson Joe Jackson claims there was "no justification" for him to be excluded from getting money from Michael Jackson's estate ... and now he's asking a judge to grant him a monthly allowance.

Joe just filed papers in L.A. County Superior Court, claiming he's "entitled to his own independent family allowance."

In the docs, Leonard Rowe -- a guy who claims to have been MJ's manager -- says Michael used to give his mother Katherine up to $60,000 a month to live on, and that Michael instructed her to give half of it to Joe.

Joe claims Michael's estate has "earned more than $100 million dollars in the first seven (7) weeks following Michael Jackson's death" and is "well able to afford a family allowance for Joe Jackson."

Joe says he has $15,425 in total monthly expenses, including the following:

the jacksons-- $2,500 eating out
-- $2,000 for air travel
-- $3,000 for hotel bills
-- $1,000 for groceries
-- $1,200 for rent
-- $50 in charitable contributions

UPDATE -- Howard Weitzman, one of the attorneys the Special Administrators for Michael Jackson's Estate, tells TMZ: "The Special Administrators have been made aware that Joe Jackson filed papers asking to be paid a family allowance from the Estate. It was quite surprising to learn of the request. Mr. Jackson's Petition will be considered as are all requests for money from Michael's Estate."

Previous 15 Comments | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62

muscles

A.B., Someone cloned me, I did not say the quote attributed to me, and hadn't checked this thread out for awhile! It's the quote you mentioned and I'm pasting it in below.

I totally disagree with the cloner, lol! I know Joe had no standing to contest the estate, or even to ask for an allowance, actually! I don't even think he has an implied contract to go on, because, as someone else noted, there could not have been any "consideration" given to MJ by Joe for MJ's alleged promise to support him forever. Legal consideration would mean that MJ was getting something back in exchange for such a promise, which I believe is totally (and literally) bogus.

Now I need to go back and see what I else I was cloned on, lol!

1070. 1041. Say what you may. However, I believe Joe Jackson is equally entitled to a fair share in his son's estate

Posted at 6:16PM on Nov 8th 2009 by muscles

muscles

Hi A.B. - now I see the post you were referring to. That was me commenting at the TOP, and responding/refuting someone else (post 1041) who made the quote about Joe being entitled to something, but I put that quote at the bottom. I was attempting to disagree with that but I didn't make it clear in the way I posted!

I think some people do think Joe has a moral right, but I don't even agree with that!

The original post is below.

_____________________________

1047. You may be talking about what you consider to be a "moral right" - but Joe has no legal right to MJ's estate, unless MJ specifically named him as a beneficiary of his will/trust, which he didn't.

The law simply does not recognize parents as "heirs" if the decedent has any "issue" (children), so, NO, Joe does not have any legal right to inherit from MJ whatsoever. Katherine wouldn't have either, if MJ hadn't specifically named her.

_____________________________________

Posted at 6:16PM on Nov 8th 2009 by muscles

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

Spermettes want more trashy gossip stories about Pete.

lennon

He makes me sick, what a waste of h2o he is, poor Michael, may he rest in peace...

Legally Bonde

The typical attitude that one would expect from people who were once extremely poor. It can be define with two words: "NO CLASS"

Nice