Irresponsible Flake Ruins La-Z-Mobile Auction

11/10/2009 3:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The never-ending auction for the badass DWI recliner-mobile has failed miserably for the second time -- and now the guy who says his winning bid was just a mistake has the Proctor City Attorney after his trigger-happy mouse finger.

Irresponsible Flake Ruins La-Z-Mobile Auction

Since the chair was being auctioned off by the Proctor Police Department to benefit taxpayers, the police chief emailed the winning bidder to let the guy know a $2,000 deposit on the chair was due ... but all the chief got back was this note:

"I did not mean to bid this amount, as well as I cannot afford this. I am truly sorry for the mix up and the wasted time."

The chief got pissed and called Proctor City Attorney John Bray to check it out. Bray tells us he's looking at the City of Proctor's "legal remedies" about the failed eBay bid ... but says the ideal situation would be for the bidder to cough up the dough.

Stay tuned for more DWI chair drama!

A Person

It's eBay,
nobody really pays.

meat

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! F*ck Proctor!!!! Give the man back his chair already. Greed has bit you in the ass people. Epic

ebay bitch

ebay dont give a good crap about anyone buyer or seller.

Recovery75

What a bunch of morons , give the alkie back his chair.

haha-ebay

The cops can't do s*** and the worst ebay can do is kick the guy off, which won't happen unless he's done it a lot of times before.

Everyday there are non paying bidders on ebay, this is normal. Listing fees can't be reimbursed, but the cops can get the final value fee back (which is about 5%). What if the guy made a bid from china, what would the cops do then? LOL.

If the cops can make something happen it's a shame because average joes like us wouldn't be able to do anything. Are the cops that much more special? Next time someone doesn't pay you that $10 for them shoes you put on eBay call the cops, they'll probably laugh at you haha.

Slutty Whores Rock

The comedy keeps on coming.
I can't laugh anymore, so let me break it to you geniuses with badges: ALL the bids you got on the first and second auctions were from goofballs screwing around. We bid my friend's playstation up to $800,000.00 with 5 phony ID's.
You seriously think you will get more than a few bucks for this piece of junk? If so, you are higher than the fool who drove it on the streets.

Slutty Whores Rock

Hey "read fine print" boy - your ignorance of the law is astonishing. Please refrain from offering advice when you don't have the faintest knowledge about contract or tort law in MN or any other state, it's annoying.

Hey Hey

Nothing worse than someone bidding on your auction just because and lying and saying it was a mistake in the end. He just wanted to be a part of it as was thinking someone would outbid him in the end. I HOPE they get his a** and make him pay up!

ELY M.

I am from Minnesota.
I have been seller and buyer on ebay.
I had few bidder who do not pay for auction.
I ended up selling thing to second bidder.

what if he have fake name and address and using proxy server.
they cant do anything, but ebay deregister ebay user.

It is possible for anyone to register ebay account with fake info and proxy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2