Only the Young

11/11/2009 2:19 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 60-year-old resurfaced at some event in Pasadena recently, looking amused.

Steve Perry

In 1998, Steve underwent hip replacement surgery.

In the last few years, the TV shows "Laguna Beach," "The Sopranos," "Glee" and the Charlize Theron 2003 film "Monster" have all used "Don't Stop Believin'."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

kitty

i was afraid to look but he really doesn't look all that different. good for him!!

Antoinette

That's funny. I got scared too but he looks great. I'd love to see him perform. "Don't Stop Believin'" wasn't even close their best song. My faves are "Separate Ways" and "Wheel in the Sky".

I was afraid to look too! These always depress me, but he looks great. Wish he was still with the band.

Elvia

He has an amazing voice. Just listen to Open Arms

frankiestage

Not much of a rock fan, but this guy had one helluva voice.

Wickeddoll

He sounds just like Sam Cooke - and he's rather proud of that.

SilvieJ

Why in the world is he not singing? God gave this man the gift of a beautiful voice and it's wasted over some feud with his bandmates. How shameful!

Mariah

We have a dvd player in the procedure room of the doctor's office I work at and we have a whole library of music dvd's/concerts on dvd and Journey was by far the most requested (well, up until the death of Michael Jackson). I love Steve Perry. Had a couple opportunities to see Journey with their new singer but I can't bring myself to do it. Just not the same without Steve Perry!

TMZ hits a new low

For some reason, he hasn't sung in years but his hip replacement doesn't affect his voice. It affected his touring, his stage performances and he had a weird feud with Journey which is SO stupid. One of the best voice in rock music ever. I spent my late 1970s and all 1980s with Journey - with Steve. Can't imagine another singer.

MJFan4LIFE

Journey is nothin' without Steve Perry. Sure, they got a new lead singer who sounds good, but it's not the same. When you lose your front man, the band is over. Same situation with Aerosmith right now. Without Tyler....no thanks. -Steve

Lou

What a lovely elderly woman.

Lemoore

He looks great! He graduated from Lemoore High School in our/his hometown! I sure wish he would continue to sing once in awhile! We miss seeing him aroundHe has always supported his Tigers!!

music4life

I love Steve hes the best so humble and an amazing voice! Rock on brother!

Debbie

I've also had the opportunity to see Journey w/ Arnel, and I can't bring myself to do it. Steve Perry is the man! As much as i'd love to see him perform and would love to meet him, it's better to go out in a blaze of glory at the top of his game like he did...rather than just fade away. Much love to you Steve! Your number one fan -DEBBIE in Pennsylvania

why?

I love Perry and feel Journey is nothing with out him..I love "old Journey" bacause they so totally rock! Having said that I was shocked by this pitcure, he looks weird with that bad hair dye and long face. It is just crazy to see your once young vibrant hot a$$ rockers looking old.Somehow seeing Ozzie looking feeble, Steven falling down and Perry looking old just isn't right. Oh well, better old than dead.Rock on!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments