Only the Young

11/11/2009 2:19 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 60-year-old resurfaced at some event in Pasadena recently, looking amused.

Steve Perry

In 1998, Steve underwent hip replacement surgery.

In the last few years, the TV shows "Laguna Beach," "The Sopranos," "Glee" and the Charlize Theron 2003 film "Monster" have all used "Don't Stop Believin'."

Cayanne

He is a man of "clarity and peace"!

L

Love his amazing voice!! "When the summer's gone she'll be there, standing by the li-ight..." *melt*

Rip Off Chris

Went to see Journey back in the day,They were awsome!Saw the new guy on oprah..the dude is good and i'm glad he has made it so to speak,but it's more like kareoki with the real band backup.Journey needs steve back.I wish things didn't happen the way they did.I wouldnt even go see them with this new guy cuz I can't get passed the fact that it's not Steve.Just like Van Halen...Not Van Halen without the Dave.

Helldorado

Steve Perry was in a karaoke version of the band Journey that existed without him!

I laugh at the people who make comments like this.

There is no such thing as reality tv

Steve Perry and Journey were a great band, and there music continues to stand the test of time. Steve looks good-hardly any different then he did 20 years ago. He looks way better then many of his rock star peers.

webby

Love Steve! He's still wearing the musical note necklace that he's worn for over 20 years....true music man. I respect everyone's opinion and even those that think the new singer is fine...still not Journey without Steve - and I think the majority of Journey's long time fans agree. Greg Rolie was amazing...yes. But, Journey did not truly take off and become the phenomenon they are until Steve joined. Again...LOVE YOU STEVE!.

Karli

2 years ago I re-discovered Steve Perry/Journey's music..... at age 21 I've deleted ALL of the music off of my ipod and replaced it with nothing but Steve Perry's solo and Journey hits....I've watched literally HUNDREDS of videos of his performances and interviews and there honestly isn't another artist out there today who is as genuine or as original as Steve. That is honestly the most pure voice I've ever heard in my life. He and his music have inspired me in so many ways and I am so thankful that he decided to share his talent with the world...I hope that Steve will hear our pleas for another album! I would literally clear out my bank account to hear one more original song by Steve.... I love you Steve and you look great!!! -Karli Britton

bash

He looks great, but even if he didn't- what a phenomenal talent! No one can ever take his place- his voice is one in a million- Thanks, Steve - your voice and songs are timeless-

Missy

While in Daytona Beach rumor on the beach was Journey was staying in the hotel next door. We were so excited....We laid out front of the hotel topless hoping to get their attention...we were so silly then!

sharon

Steve, your looking good for your age. Keep doing what your doing.

lesah5

He still is hott! I have never loved a band as much as I love Journey. Steve is the best. I know he has had other problems besides the hip, but I wish Steve would rejoin Journey. The new lead sounds really good but Steve is the best! In the 80's I lived and breathed that band. O the memories of Steve in satin pants!!

sleepy_angel

I had the biggest crush on him as a kid! Still love him! He looks great for his age! Wish he would come out of retirement! I miss that golden voice of his! God bless you, Steve!

sogren

He looks awesome!

Twinker

If he had a gig in Vegas, I would be the first to buy tickets. Love this guy!

grossed out

OMG I grew up listening to Journey. Steve Perry has an AMAZING voice that is given to a handful of people. Steve please come back and record another album for us. You are one of the rare talents with a a god given voice.