Jackson Custody Lawyer Files Small Claim

11/16/2009 10:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonThe law firm that represented Michael Jackson in his custody battle against Debbie Rowe back in 2005 is going after the singer's estate big time, to the tune of ... $1,419.70. Wait, what?

The Law Offices of Michael L. Abrams filed a creditor's claim against the Jackson estate last week, claiming the singer owed the firm for a little bit of legal work earlier this year. And by "little" we mean just 4.35 hours, according to the claim.

Jackson paid part of the bill, the claim indicates, which includes a $14 parking charge.

Considering most creditor's claims against the estate have been six and seven figures, we figure it's easier for the estate to just pay it rather than fight it.

Ana4

To 18 Raejean--bet you don't pay your bills. Those who throw stones are usually the one's guilty of the crimes. You owe me 180,000. Just because I say it doesn't make it so unless you would like to pay up. Deadbeat!

mjseyes

@
when will the vultures stop another day another dollar

L.O.V.E. U MORE MICHAEL

mjseyes

Look people hateing michael only reflects how much you loathe youself
give in to the power of love and not hate

L.O.V.E. U MOST MICHAEL

omj

wow still people going after his money they are all like piranhas

shuffler

Da troot has a high price, too. Dr Murray and his co-workers - Laquisha and Laquanda - would also like some o' dat.

Larry

WACKO JACKO THE MOLESTER NEVER DID JACKO FOR HIS FAMILY FINANCIALLY...NOW HE DIES AND HIS FAMILY OR SHOULD I SAY HIS BIOLOGICALLY RELATED VULTURES (MOTHER FATHER BROTHERS AND SISTERS) ARE LIVING THE HIGH LIFE BECAUSE MOMMY KATHERINE FEELS BAD FOR THEM AND IS GIVING THEM ALL MONEY FROM WHAT SHE GETS FROM THE ESTATE WHICH AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED SHOULD BE SOLELY FOR WACKO JACKOS' CHILDREN...NOT THE VULTURES...EVERY CENT SHOULD GO TO WACKOS' CHILDREN AND NO PLACE ELSE...EVEN JACKOS' DAD FEELS HE IS ENTITLED TO AN ALLOWANCE EVEN THOUGH EVERBODY KNOWS THAT JACKO WOULD HAVE NEVER GIVEN HIM ONE RED CENT...YET NOW THE VULTURES ARE ROLLING AROUND IN BENTLEYS AND RANGE ROVERS AND MERCEDES BENZES AND EATING AT FINE RESTAURANTS AND WEARING FINE CLOTHING...ALL BOUGHT BY MONEY THAT SHOULD BE ONLY SPENT ON WACKO JACKOS' KIDS...AND IT REALLY KILLS ME THAT ALL THE VULTURES WERE ALL SMILES AT THE PREMEIRE OF WACKO JACKOS FILM...I LOVE MY BROTHERS AND IF HEAVEN FORBID ONE OF THEM WERE TO DIE UNEXPECTEDLY I WOULDN'T BE ALL SMILES JUST A FEW WEEKS AFTER...I GUESS MONEY CAN BUY HAPPINESS...STOP THE INSANITY...I HAVE A FAMILY OF 5 AND I DON'T MAKE 50 THOUSAND A YEAR AND MY FAMILY IS WELL TAKEN CARE OF WITH WHAT I MAKE INCLUDING FOOD A WARM COMFORTABLE HOME ETC...YET GREEDY KATHERINE NEEDS 50 THOUSAND A MONTH? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! PUT SOMEONE ELSE IN CHARGE THAT BELEIVES THAT EVERY CENT OF THE ESTATE SHOULD BE SPENT ON WACKO JACKOS' CHILDREN AND NOT THE VULTURES!!!

TMZ ROCKS ON

38 Posted at 4:01AM on Nov 16th 2009 by Larry

they are all sorry mf'ers all of them

weeks? some were laughing within 24 hours weeks? lol

in private probably even sooner

sorry mf'ers

all of them

Nas

Poor Michael, you've never had a true friend, a friend who is really a friend. If I were you, of course it would be too difficult for me too. Everybody is trying to assing MJ's money. Aren't you afraid of the Last Judgement? Now I do understand why you were killed. Yes, killed. Some people did it to take MJ's property. Now, it's clear that't a conspiracy. Don't fool people. You learned him to take too many drugs. Poor you, beggary. Learn to earn money as MJ did.

15. If you are not his fan, what are you doing on this site, then? Loosing ur time? The answer to you q is, - Yes. He was the best ever. Let me know if you know another one. After Elvis, he is the best ever.

Love you Michael.

janalal4

26. 24. Damned! They couldn't give him free or validated parking?
Whats up with that? Hardly seems worht the effort. I'd have torn it up.

Posted at 1:31AM on Nov 16th 2009 by OhWell

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/16/michael-jackson-estate-lawsuit-creditors-claims/2#comments#ixzz0X0bMHpHP

LOL! This made me laugh 'OhWell'! I was thinkin' the SAME thing. Couldn't give 'the King' a parking pass?? Then again, doesn't seem like MJ really got too many 'passes' for anything does it? I suppose he created his own 'passes' by paying the bills he CHOSE to pay. Funny how he DID pay that $14 parking charge though?! Gotta love that! lol. What a funny guy MJ was!

'onsidering most creditor's claims against the estate have been six and seven figures, we figure it's easier for the estate to just pay it rather than fight it.'

Foolish, foolish statement considering Harvey "is a lawyer"?! I know Harvey doesn't believe this statement for a second. lol. If your a lawyer representing your client, you fight EVERYTHING is what I always heard?!

'just pay it'?? Whether it's a 'legit' claim doesn't matter?? Wrong. Ithink MJ probably DIDN'T pay a lot of his bills that were probably legitimate but when you've got as much money as MJ had & then start going down the 'just pay it' road that only INVITES the 'scammer's' & con artists 'in the door' to try 'running their game' & take advantage simply because MJ had MONEY?! I hope the estate scrutinizes EVERY claim & shuts down the b@stard scammers, STARTING WITH THE FAMILY!! 'Papa Catfish' would be MY first case to stamp a big 'REJECT' upon! Go up against Branca old Joe? Better get a good attorney! What was that Joe? You can't afford an attorney?? You want your son's estate to pay for your attorney??? Uh, yeah.....get the f'k outta here! NEXT.......??

Not saying it's right, everyone should pay their bills & ideally in a timely manner(ahem...MJ?!). Just about everyone I know has been guilty of,at least, paying a bill 'late' at one time or another; especially in THESE crazy times we're livin' in right now but I'd bet that MJ, over the course of time, got REALLY frickin' fed up with people trying to 'gouge' or 'scam', or out & out 'screw' him. Maybe after awhile, he just said to hell with all of them?

It will definitely be interesting to see, once the dust settles, exactly who 'gets paid' & who doesn't:)

Not sure if THIS is news as I've been 'layed up' with strep throat this last week & haven't been on the boards. ON NOV.18TH THERE IS AN 'EXCLUSIVE, FIRST INTERVIEW' WITH JANET JACKSON ON GMA!

Saw a preview of it with one of the hosts of GMA. She said all the following 'topics' would be discussed with Janet during the interview: did she think MJ was 'murdered', what she thought of Dr.Quack-Quack, what she thought of the 'live' funeral, her opinion of the Jax reality show & would she be a part of it, her role in MJ's kids lives now & possibly in the future, what's ahead for her in HER personal life(specif. kids/marriage), how she is 'coping' with her brothers death immed.after his death & now, her 'tribute song' she wrote for MJ, her opinion r/e how estate is being handled, & best of all(drumroll, please!): what she thinks about her fathers claim on the estate, her & MJ's 'bond' as children & throughout their adult live's & their relationship with Joe& to what 'extent' they were 'abused' as according to MJ & her own 'perspective' of the alleged abuse. Hmmmmm..........

SOUNDS INTERESTING!!

Just thought I'd pass this along! As I said, might be old news to most of you by now. Nice to be back on here(even if it is at 4am, can't sleep cuz i been sleeping too much lately). Missed you guys.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/16/michael-jackson-estate-lawsuit-creditors-claims/2#comments#ixzz0X0dCDqTC

just an observation

Welcome back Janala14

Sorry you've been ill. This should be an interesting week with the 2 big interviews. Janet's on the 18th, and Thome Thome on the 19th with Larry King.

just an observation

oops.. sorry ought to get your name right by now janalal4 lol

TMZ ROCKS ON

16 November 2009 08:01

MICHAEL JACKSON - JACKSON MOVIE USES OLD MATERIAL

JACKSON MOVIE USES OLD MATERIALMICHAEL JACKSON's vocal on concert rehearsal movie THIS IS IT has been enhanced by old recordings of his songs.
The film, which features footage of the King Of Pop practising for his ill-fated comeback shows, has taken more than $200 million (£125 million) at the worldwide box office.
Music experts claim Jackson's strong singing is down to clever editing, with former BBC senior studio manager Andrew Rose insisting footage of the Thriller icon belting out Earth Song is fake.
He says the performance vocal has been lifted from a demo available on YouTube.com, adding: "Throughout the film sudden changes in vocal timbre suggest the dropping in of older recordings which may have required significant digital manipulation to fit the new live backing."
And now bosses at Sony Pictures, who produced the picture, admit they were forced to use old Jackson performances to aid the sound quality of the footage.
Spokesman Jim Kennedy says, "In order to fulfil Michael's vision for his fans and his children... the filmmakers had to incorporate some pre-existing materials, including vocals, where the rehearsal footage audio was incomplete and/or inaudible.
"In addition, usage of master recordings (such as Earth Song) was credited in the end titles."

16 November 2009 08:01

janalal4

41. Welcome back Janala14

Posted at 5:02AM on Nov 16th 2009 by MJ U R Not Alone

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/16/michael-jackson-estate-lawsuit-creditors-claims/3#comments#ixzz0X13nexFo

Well' HEY THERE'!! Good to be back. Hadn't had strep throat since I was a teenager(loooooonnnnngggg time ago! lol). IT STILL SUCKS JUST AS MUCH AS IT DID THEN-ha! I poked my head 'in here' a few times but felt 'sooooo tired' that i just kinda read the headlines & ducked out again. LOTSA STUFF GOING ON, HUH?! WOW. What the HE.. is 'Papa Catfish' up to?? Pretty brazen of him isn't it?! lol. He's a hoot! They FINALLY got a pic of Dr.Quack-Quack I saw! He's a big ol' dude, huh?! He's either REALLY tall or his lawyer(standing next to him) is REALLY short?? haha! You can tell Dr.Quack-Quack's definitely got him a 'swagger' goin' on doesn't he?! Real 'ladies man'(sticking my finger down my throat). Too much of a ladies man, from the # of baby mamas running around.

Don't worry about the name-thing. I answer to anything anyway. Been called a # of things on this board. lol. Haven't we ALL?? I see there's an 'Ana4' now?! See quite a few new names just within a week huh?! Nothin' ever stays the same though does it? Thank God for that in some cases. How YOU been?

Such a whacked out time for ME to be on the boards. I layed back down & gave up anyone responding to my post:) Figured everybody was 'Sleepin' like a baby'. When you CAN'T sleep, you feel like your the ONLY person in the world who's awake in these 'wee' hours of the morn':) You at work?

Inquiring Mind

@ janalal4... Thanks for the info.

paulette

Is it 1.4 million dollars for the custody fight in 2005??? Or is it saying 1.4 million for 4 1/2 hours of work this year?? Some of the stuff TMZ writes looks like they don't even know how to write!! Either way 1.4 million dollars for a custody suit seems a little pricey seeing Debbie never appeared to be fighting for those kids!My gosh how much do these lawyers from California make an hour??
With alot of these claims that have been filed though just amazes me how much they charge celebrities like the $1000 dollar haircuts! Geez I gotta move out there and see if any of these places are hiring!LOL

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments