« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Equality Group -- Keep LJ Out of Cincinnati

11/17/2009 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Larry Johnson Cincinnati BengalsUPDATE: LJ has reportedly signed with the Bengals.

Homophobic slur-hurling running back Larry Johnson is expected to sign with the Cincinnati Bengals any minute now -- but a local gay rights group is already considering the move a "slap in the face."

TMZ spoke with Lesley Jones, executive director of Equality Cincinnati, who tells us "We do not think that would be a favorable decision on the part of the Bengals.

We would see this as a slap in the face to all the work we've done for equality and LBGT (lesbian, bisexual, gay, transgender) rights in Cincinnati.
"

[The Bengals] must take action to prove that they support equality and LBGT rights in the city."

Johnson was recently cut by the Kansas City Chiefs after making a flurry of controversial statements -- including dropping the f-bomb twice in a 24 hour period.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

K

Good luck keeping him off the team. If the Eagles didn't care about animal rights activists protesting about a proven animal killer getting on the team, the Bengels sure aren't going to listen to people complaining about LJ's comments. The guy didn't even commit a crime, he's just dumb and ignorant.

Tom

C'mon it's not like anybody is going to be losing any fanshare. It's not like there are that many gay people that watch american football.

Pamela

Wait a minute...TMZ still sponsors Perez Hilton and he used the same slur. I can't tell you how many times I have heard straight people referred to as "Breeders" by gays and lesbians. Why, oh why is everything always one-sided??? It's stories like this that make people so against "gay rights".

nemo

4. I thought this was America, Since when do people loose there
careers because they call someone a name. I have nothing against the lbgt community it's not my thing but your welcome to it if thats what you want. but just because someone doesn't agree they get crusified on this site and many others that's ridiculous. he apologized leave him be he's a football player not an activist. You can't shove your opinions down other peoples throats

Posted at 10:04AM on Nov 17th 2009 by marcy

---------------------------------------------------

When you have a bunch of anti-American/Christian/Jew/White/Traditional family Fascist nutjobs running the media and setting the agenda, this is the type of absurdity you get.

People are FINALLY waking up and getting tired of the extreme minority opinion in this country calling the shots.

I despise Larry Johnson, but I support him a 100% in this matter.

nemo

You know your "cause" is deflating when you manage to force people to actually side with a cowardice POS like Johnson. Keep it up gay bullies, really, you're only hurting yourselves.

danica

These people need to lighten up. Everybody deserves to be employed.
So everyone who doesn't agree with them or says something they don't like should not work. Please, give me a break!

Everything in the world is not about your special interest group!

WhoDey

I really don't think the Bengals should care what Equality Cincinnati thinks for 2 reasons.
1.) They are not paying LJ's salary
2.) I doubt there are a lot of gay, lesbian, or transgendered people coming to the games or buying a lot of Bengals fan gear anyways.

YM

Freedom of speech people.....get over it already!

Kendall

Once again the sodomites speak. How can you suggest a man shouldn't make a living for speaking his mind. I guess you homos don't understand we have freedom of speech still in this country.I'm sure you have called him a n-word on many of your private setting,nobody is firing you.Who are you to suggest that he can't make a living.You people want to bottle up everyones speech if it doesn't agree with yours.Who are the haters here;it isn't us.Stop doing what God told us not to do then you can talk about something.

nemo

For the longest time I thought gay activist groups were just desperate, but now it's becoming clear they're simply delusional. Yeah, I'm sure a gay boycott in one of the least gay cities in the country is really going to work.

Gays make up less than 5% of our country's population, and one one-hundredth of that number probably even cares for football.

Great tactic and strategy as always, kooks!!!!

utchic49

It's not "a favorable decision" for the Bengals? Of course it's favorable. Cedric Benson is out hurt; they need a running back and LJ is available for a (presumably) cheap price.

JONS MOMMA

GAYS DONT EVEN WATCH FOOTBALL! THEY WATCH ICE SKATING! SO WHY IN THE HELL DO THEY CARE?? GROW SOME THICKER SKIN AND ROLL WITH THE DAMN PUNCHES! LOSERS..

utchic49

P.S. I'm not sure I've ever met a gay person who is also a huge football fan. I can understand being upset if, say, a homophobe gets onto Cincy city council since that's a job position that works for everyone in the city. But an NFL player? Just don't watch the game if it's so upsetting!

Maxis

Two years ago I fully supported the LBGT, but now I see them as nothing more than an oppressive group of paranoid idiots who want the world their way.

Who the hell do these people think they are to tell an organization they MUST PROVE something? Bengals stand your ground!!!!

laughs at Obama voters

The uppity gays are just going to have to learn that they are not in charge.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments