MJ Estate Pounded by New Creditor's Claim

11/17/2009 6:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonGet your currency converters out -- the law firm that filed the latest creditor's claim against Michael Jackson's estate wants to get paid in pounds.

The firm of Arnold & Porter -- which has an office in London -- just filed papers in L.A. County Superior Court, claiming MJ owes them for legal services rendered between February and June of '09.

The total bill: £103,179.10.

And this is interesting: In the docs, it shows Michael initially hired the firm in connection with a "dispute with Abdulla Bin Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa" -- the son of the King of Bahrain.

The sheikh sued Michael in 2008 for $7 million -- after Michael allegedly accepted a bunch of money and perks from the sheikh in exchange for two new albums.

The case was settled shortly after.

shuffler

Can you blame them for wanting to avoid payment in US dollars? :)

sunnymaxx

Can you blame them for wanting to avoid payment in US dollars? :)

Posted at 10:02PM on Nov 17th 2009 by shuffler

--------------
Nope. Not with Obama in the WH. Even the Chinese are worried.

paulette

Share Print CommentsAs reported over the weekend by the UK's Daily Mail, British ABC reporter Martin Bashir — who famously interviewed Princess Diana in 1995 — has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. The New York Post reports the sad news of Bashir's brain tumor:

Martin Bashir - the British TV reporter who conducted headline-making interviews with Princess Diana and Michael Jackson before becoming an anchor for "Nightline" - has a brain tumor.

The tumor was discovered while he was being treated after banging his head on the Times Square studio set of the ABC late-night news show.

The tumor in his pituitary gland is small, according to reports, and doctors have no plans yet to remove it. He has returned to work since the discovery as doctors monitor its growth.

TVNewser reports ABC's official statement on Martin Bashir's brain tumor:

"An MRI scan recently discovered a small growth on Martin Bashir's pituitary gland. Bashir's doctors have advised that no immediate action be taken as they monitor the situation month to month. Bashir is feeling well as he continues to keep a full schedule anchoring and reporting for ABC News."

Posted at 9:46PM on Nov 17th 2009 by azza

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/17/michael-jackson-creditors-claim-arnold-porter/5#comments#ixzz0XB5Ao5Iv

WOW..THIS IS WEIRD....Chandler now this???

carol

Please go to CARE2 (DOT)COM and SEARCH for ARTIST OF THE MILLENNIUM - Sign this petition and pass it on...THANK YOU

a fan

I do not believe Chandler is dead. I think he just wants the public to leave him alone. He is probably getting death threats since MJ died. Until you see it reported by the AP do not believe it. All the news coverage so far is just a copy of Radar Online.

Yolanda Nixon

Wow, what a handsome fella!

get it right

test2

Dumbfounded

TMZ WHY NO MENTION OF DEATH OF EVAN CHANDLER? NOV. 5th 33 Hudson st Jersey City. Gun shot to head.

OhWell

Come On TMZ At Least Photoshop A Brown Papper Bag Over His Head

Daphne Lorincz

Thanks, God. I trust in you. Please guide Messrs. Branca & McLean to do the right thing for the estates. This is November/09, isn't this passed the deadline for creditor's claim. Thanks to the Branca team in advance for all your have done for the estates. I'm a fan from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, and I trust you will handle everything in an expeditious way.

sherry niles jordan

michael was not pounding little boys butts,i will pound you into the ground for being a devil.as the director of the niles,mi utilities dept i am constantly in contact with racist sick people.
269-683-4700 call me to join my prayers for healing the world.as the minister of niles,mi i summoned all you wicked sinners to pray with me for michaels heal the world campaign.

Daphne Lorincz

to #15 Karma Baby - well, I guess money can't buy happiness. I thought I heard that the dentist divorced his wife, and his son is estranged from him. Oh, well. May he rest in peace. My prayers are for his family. MICHAEL JACKSON, WE LOVE YA!!!

Pink Daisy

New Movie: Final Destination for those who accused MJ falsely.

Larry

WACKO JACKO THE MOLESTER NEVER DID JACKO FOR HIS FAMILY
FINANCIALLY...NOW HE DIES AND HIS FAMILY OR SHOULD I SAY HIS
BIOLOGICALLY RELATED VULTURES (MOTHER FATHER BROTHERS AND SISTERS)
ARE LIVING THE HIGH LIFE BECAUSE MOMMY KATHERINE FEELS BAD FOR THEM
AND IS GIVING THEM ALL MONEY FROM WHAT SHE GETS FROM THE ESTATE WHICH AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED SHOULD BE SOLELY FOR WACKO JACKOS'
CHILDREN...NOT THE VULTURES...EVERY CENT SHOULD GO TO WACKOS'
CHILDREN AND NO PLACE ELSE...EVEN JACKOS' DAD FEELS HE IS ENTITLED TO AN ALLOWANCE EVEN THOUGH EVERBODY KNOWS THAT JACKO WOULD HAVE NEVER GIVEN HIM ONE RED CENT...YET NOW THE VULTURES ARE ROLLING AROUND IN BENTLEYS AND RANGE ROVERS AND MERCEDES BENZES AND EATING AT FINE RESTAURANTS AND WEARING FINE CLOTHING...ALL BOUGHT BY MONEY THAT SHOULD BE ONLY SPENT ON WACKO JACKOS' KIDS...AND IT REALLY KILLS ME THAT ALL THE VULTURES WERE ALL SMILES AT THE PREMEIRE OF WACKO JACKOS FILM...I LOVE MY BROTHERS AND IF HEAVEN FORBID ONE OF THEM WERE TO DIE UNEXPECTEDLY I WOULDN'T BE ALL SMILES JUST A FEW WEEKS AFTER...I GUESS MONEY CAN BUY HAPPINESS...STOP THE INSANITY...I HAVE A FAMILY OF 5 AND
I DON'T MAKE 50 THOUSAND A YEAR AND MY FAMILY IS WELL TAKEN CARE OF
WITH WHAT I MAKE INCLUDING FOOD A WARM COMFORTABLE HOME ETC...YET
GREEDY KATHERINE NEEDS 50 THOUSAND A MONTH? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! PUT
SOMEONE ELSE IN CHARGE THAT BELEIVES THAT EVERY CENT OF THE ESTATE
SHOULD BE SPENT ON WACKO JACKOS' CHILDREN AND NOT THE VULTURES!!!

Pink Daisy

In the end Evan Chandler still didn't get what he wanted. He didn't have the money. His nastiness created something wicked in his body.
Michael Jackson was innocent and Evan knew it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments