« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Skating with the Bears

11/17/2009 6:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

This is why bears attack people.

Skating bear

The Russian Ice Circus has gone against the laws of nature and put skates on a bear and trained him to play hockey.

There's gonna be a face-off ... and it ain't gonna involve a puck.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Vina

This is animal cruelty. Please remove this photo, TMZ.

Lippy Loo

This animal abuse and needs to be stopped! This is disgusting and beyond comprehension.

KT

GO FLAMES GO! WHEEEEEEEEEW!

Kaeliii

SAD!

STORMY7

This is so damn cruel. I hope the bear turns on the trainer.

Susanne

This is stomach turning. Absolutely shameful. I want to sign a petition to free this poor creature.

RonBurgundy

I want to see the bear fight!

I also wanna know in what league do the referees get to use sticks?

Folks need to chill out...it's no worse than Budweiser parading those Clydesdales all around during the holidays....Or maybe a circus elephant standing on one leg would be better?

TMZ rocks!

amanda

that is really messed up. I was just on perezhilton and there was a video of a half-alive fried fish, with someone poking it to show that it was alive. People need to find other things to do with their lives besides torturing animals.

Mare

I cant believe that someone is in charge of abusing this poor bear. It is despicable and I really hope the bear tears some guy's face off..only problem is that the bear would be destroyed for finally standing up for himself...shame on these people..people need to boycott anything to do with them.

oreo

That guy on the left looks drunk.

KaeTeeDee

Yeah, animal abuse is wrong, and just horrific. But look at this from
my point of view: it's a bear... DOING PEOPLE THINGS!
I rest my case.

iFart

This is a disgusting display of animal abuse! What are you doing showing this TMZ? I thought you believed in animal rights Harvey. This bear was shot dead after killing one of the circus people. Wtf is wrong with people...it makes me sick to my stomach!!!

addie

How can TMZ promote a picture like this. Animal cruelty and disguting and inhumane. If you look closely, the bear has a muzzle on. Could that be because he could do harm to these men?
One of the many reasons organizations like PETA are so radical because it takes pictures like this to wake people up. Notice there isn't one comment that is supporting this treatment of this bear. Why don't you investigate cruelty in circuses, especially how they use bull hooks on elephants to train they and make them live in constant fear of being beaten.

Crik

TMZ this is shameful! Why would you post this? This is beyond cruel and inhumane. Anything that promotes animal cruetly is not funny or entertaining - by posting something so offensive you are encouraging such acts.
That poor bear!

CriticAl

Poor bear.

I feel sorry for the trainers, but come on. You should have known better than try to make a wild animal do those tricks. They're not clowns.