« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Skating with the Bears

11/17/2009 6:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

This is why bears attack people.

Skating bear

The Russian Ice Circus has gone against the laws of nature and put skates on a bear and trained him to play hockey.

There's gonna be a face-off ... and it ain't gonna involve a puck.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sharon

WOOOOO GO FLAMES!!!!

canuck

Absolutely heartbreaking to see this. Have these people have no moral or social conscience? Deplorable and I hope nobody pays to go and see that abuse.

heidi

Poor bear =( Animal abuse is not cute or funny. I hope he eats his "trainers", or more appropriately called his tortures.

txballa

I think 90% of the comments on this story are from PETA fools. STFU, their is nothing wrong with this.

marion

This is animal abuse and so sad

wisey

you seem pretty outnumbered, Harmon Manuel. maybe you should stfu and ask yourself why that is.

D

I wonder if TMZ realizes that this bear is actually dead... as well as the trainer. Google it, it was in the news about a month ago, way to be totally slow TMZ.

msroncon

This is TERRIBLE!!! They deserve whatever happens to them if this bear turns on them....poor thing.

why?

I hate people.

apweaver

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? DISGUSTING OFFENSIVE SHAME ON TMZ...It is a friggin B~E~A~R...(plus a side note of...this happened weeks ago!)P~U~L~E~A~S~E

Lia

Could that poor bear suffer any more indignity? It's silly enough
that humans put on skates and knock a piece of rubber around on the
ice, but to make the bear do it is even more sad. Look at the poor
thing, trying to maneuver a hockey stick so that he won't be beaten
with a real stick if he doesn't perform. I kind of hope he
"accidentally" swings the stick at his trainer......

wisey

maybe the same bear?

"It is unclear what caused the bear to attack"

really? guess they didnt see the photo. wonder if the bears are "allowed" to hibernate?

heather

It is true I looked up the article and it says that the bear attacked and killed one trainer and injured another. Its sad that they died but come on....you work with a hockeyice skating bear what do you expect!

truthman

neither is people abuse,Amy,i know who you are and am watching.Save the seals,right? this is clearly fake dummies

wisey

"this is clearly fake dummies"

ah....no its not. go on youtube, the russian circuses force bears to do all sorts of weird crap like ride motorcycles. My parents took me to see them when I was a little kid- I knew it was wrong and f'd up even then.