Rape Joke Incites Laughter on 'The View'

11/18/2009 3:05 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Inappropriate: Sofia Vergara joking about being raped on "The View" today.
More Inappropriate: Several members on "The View" panel LAUGHING about it!!!!!

Sofia Vergara: Click to watch
For the record -- Whoopi "rape rape" Goldberg was the only one who looked disturbed by the joke. You can hear someone on the set say, "Whoaaa!" -- but it's unclear whose mouth it came from.

Thanks to Jezebel for pointing it out.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Ben from Baltimore

How can child rapist Roman Polanski supporter Whoopi Goldberg be disturbed by this? You would think she would be laughing with them after blatantly announcing her support for that Son of a Bitch on The View.

VictoriaR

Very ignorant to joke about being raped, or even saying she consented to have a sexual relation at the age of 13. Something that is suppose to be so beautiful between two people has become nothing more than an act in a movie, no true understanding of the purpose in which it holds.

nemo

Neo-Comm radical leftists are hilarious!!! They fall all over themselves making excuses and jokes about one of their own drugging up and raping a 13 year old child, Whoopie even mocks it, but when a woman makes a crack about rape they get all up in arms? No wonder you freaks are the laughing stock of the world.

Elizabeth

I too very reaely watch "The View." I happened to be watching yesterday. My chin hit the ground when she said that! I can't believe there wasn't some kind of whoa! wait a minute from the panel. I believe the "Whoa!" came from the audience. It was VERY awkard, and I belive ahe knew she had made a BIG mistake the second after it came out of her mouth.
Bottom line? I'm not even going to stop if I'm flipping channels and come across the view, and I have no idea who that woman was, but I will research who she is, what show she's on, and I won't watch that one either! One person, but I'll have a clear conscience.
Pretty stupid move.

Lady.T

Sherri was the one that said Whoa.

lisa

That comment was out of line. Rape is violent and is NOT a joke! That was simply heartless. I can't believe that the "ladies" didn't say anything! I am not sure if Whoopie appeared aghast or it was the cough she had... SO WRONG! I agree, this is not a joke!

hee

the "joke" didn't bother me that much, what i find most disturbing is that many posters here didn't get the joke and actually think she got pregnant at 13. good grief people, think!

Luca

I love Whoopi

Robin

I think she really was trying to make a joke. The sad part is that our society thinks you can make rape jokes.

Larry D. Crumbley

Hello,
When are the ladies, and yes even men in this country going to see that this program has some real character flaws, and yes they are very disgusting sometimes. Especially the ladies like Joy Behar Whoopi Goldberg, Barbara Walters. They should have stopped that segment right there,and told her to leave. This is not a laughing matter TMZ. You really should be ashamed of putting it any where in your web-site TMZ. Rape is not funny especially when done to a minor. With her being Latin though wherever she was living at when this took place it is most likely she was raped by one of her relatives, a uncle, or whatever. Any how this is not very funny TMZ, and I think that you should take sometime to educate the public on this very subject since you allowed it on your web-0site TMZ. What do you think?

Larry D. Crumbley

Ellen McCray

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out. She lied to keep from looking bad after saying she had a baby at 13. She tried to keep herself from looking like the youngest slut in Mexico{?}{Where is she from again?}

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5