Eddie Cibrian Sues Mag Over LeAnn

11/19/2009 9:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Eddie Cibrian is suing "Life & Style weekly" for more than $1 million, for allegedly defaming him over his relationship with LeAnn Rimes.

According to the suit ... obtained by TMZ ... Cibrian claims the stories the mag published "falsely portray Eddie as being unfaithful to Ms. Rimes, as currently being in a romantic relationship with Ms. Jancan, and as having abandoned his children."

Scheana Jancan is an aspiring actress and according to the mag she and Eddie were hooking up. The title of the article: "Eddie is Cheating on LeAnn Already."

story developing

michaela

Asking him to file so he could pay the filing fees just doesn't hold water, though I know you keep throwing it out there in hopes someone falls for it. Since Eddie had always paid for everything, Brandi was well aware he'd pay for this too. Nice try! Can't you come up with something better!!?

betty

micaela- You just don't get it.Your comments on this post are now boring you keep repeating the same things. I thought this topic was about Eddie's cheating and the lawsuit,not Brandi.The Cibrians are divorcing. He's Leanns problem now.

michaela

I get it perfectly and that annoys you. AKA betty2u and jtd as well as your usual. And you accuse others!!? Perfect definition of hypocrisy! Wriggle wriggle!

cbme

Michaela - Betty/Gwen/etc/etc, is right. Take my word on it, if she says it is boring - IT IS BORING. If you have ever read the smut she puts on here, you will know that she is an expert in boring. She could teach a class in graduate school in hypocrisy and boring!!!!

betty

cbme. Is your last post referring to me? Sorry,I don't stoop to name calling. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

cbme

In a past posting you addressed "analyzing." I suppose it is ok for you to analyze fans of LeAnn and Eddie, but it isn't supposed to work from the other side. You and many more are analyzing Eddie, whom you don't know. What is the difference? I will root for these two regardless of who says what. I don't care what you think - or anyone else. I wish them the best. God bless them both. I am really not one who travels with the crowd, and I know there is another side to this story.

betty

cbme- No one's "analyzing" Eddie just" criticizing" his behavior there is a difference. You can root for whom you like. But in this game of life there are rules and regulations and you can't live as you please. Eddie has 2 kids who he should be acting as a role model too instead of a man only looking for his own self gratification. No decent man would put his children through headline seeking crap as this. Suing because of a personal injury or insult is different but suing because of a sexual escapade is scandalous. He is a selfish,shallow man.

cbme

There should be rules and regulations that say you can't impose your opinions on another's life unless you know the whole story - we don't know the whole story, do we? How do you know who called the paps in on this matter? The ex is the one who has done all the talking - do you know that all you hear is true? If Eddie wanted publicity, it seems to me that he would have done the talking. He has a life that he is entitled to - doesn't he? Who got all the good publicity out of this - who is most of the world sympathetic to? We have only heard one side. Suing is also the right of anyone who has had his reputation walked on by everyone who has an opinion. If it is a lie, then he should sue - something wrong with that? You and I would do it also. I think it is commendable for him to sue to protect his name and to let LeAnn know he doesn't want her hurt. No, I don't know that all that has happened and been said is the truth, but it is the lives of those involved - no person involved in a divorce is completely innocent. I hate it when one side is completely ridiculed and told how ugly they are and "we wouldn't do that" attitude is imposed on them. We are all capable of everything that is bad or good. They are human beings - respect that. We all give our opinions - good and bad. Both LeAnn and Eddie are good looking people, and to call them otherwise is ridiculous. In this country we have the right to malign those that have displeased us, don't we? Eddie is saying that he cares about someone - he is not calling his ex ugly, crude things - his children should respect him for that. I say God bless to anyone who loves another. I personally admire Eddie and LeAnn for keeping their mouths shut. There is a sentence that reads, "Lord, keep your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth." We should all think like that, but we don't do we?

michaela

@ cbme....you're in fine form today! Nothing new that I've found. And you?

betty

cbme Isn't that what you are trying to? You can only impose an opinion on someone only if they allow it. Stating an opinion is a different matter. We all have the right to disagree. Eddie only cares about Eddie and doesn't want to lose the good thing he got going with Leann. Eddie has no good name he ruined that by cheating,lying and denying. What about his children? Where is your sympathy for them? These two knew what they were doing with no regard for no else. If .you want to defend their actions then that's your right but no one else is. There is also another reading "Thou shall reap what you sow">

cbme

Will you reap what you are sowing above? Will someone who doesn't know you or anyone involved in your life smear your name around and talk about how ugly YOU are? That would be his right, you know - he doesn't have to know anything about you to do it either, does he? Is that what you are saying in your post? You and I don't have an inkling as to how he feels about LeAnn, do you? But, you are making a statement about it anyway. Yes, you have the right to tear up someone else with your ugly thought - go ahead! His children will be taken care of and loved - he can come home more often to be with them since he might want to come home now. Ever think of that? Things aren't always what they appear, but tear some stranger down, if that is the type you are. YOU HAVE THAT RIGHT!!

cbme

Michaela - This is my wordy day. I get pi@@ed off somedays worse than others!! I cannot believe I only wrote one sentence.

michaela

cbme...hey!

betty

Come home,you mean where he used to live? Eddie will be granted visitation rights and he can see the kids as often as the court granted and he also will be paying child support.. I would never air my dirty laundry in public the way these two have. When you do you set yourself up for all types of criticism. If they had kept things on the down low no one would know. Reap what you sow is a biblical quote and it pertains to everybody.

cbme

Home - where he lives now or in the future; where he can take his kids when he has them. Maybe, they didn't want to keep it on the "down low" because they just didn't want to hide what they felt anymore.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments