Conrad Murray Under Investigation in TX

11/23/2009 2:42 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Conrad Murray Under Investigation in TXDr. Conrad Murray's Houston, TX patients may be interested .... the Texas Medical Board is investigating the good doc.

DEA sources tell TMZ its investigation into Dr. Murray's prescribing practices in connection with Michael Jackson is still active. When the DEA investigates a TX doctor ... the DEA contacts the Texas Medical Board and that routinely triggers a Texas Medical Board investigation.

And law enforcement sources tell us the Texas Medical Board has been working with the DEA on the Conrad Murray probe.

Dr. Murray's rep could not be reached for comment.

Shesh

I miss you MJ.......

evej41

why are michael jackson fans not protesting outside Murray's office why should he be allowed to practice medicine why should he be allowed to do so in Texas i will tell you why it is because Texas dont care they have hospitals clinics doctors and nurses nursing homes under fire everyday but nothing dont happen to them the make them pay a so called fine and nothing else happens he can go back to work in texas because there they over look things like murder why not Las Vegas ????? cause they dont want him there texas dont care here in texas medical staff get away with everything go to one of the major hospitals in dallas and test your treatment so how you are talked to or complain of chest pain or you cant breath they will tell you have a sit someone will be with you

TMZ ROCKS ON

this man should be stripped of his license ASAP unbelievable that he was even allowed to walk back into a clinic he should be handcuffed stripped and told to assume a new position if not for murder then simply because his method of treatment was medically unethical and unprofessional

Tink1961

I cried when they announced Michael as the winner of the two awards they showed on the AMA's...he won two others too! I can't tell you how MAD I am at what Dr. Murder said in his church...he knows what trouble is? BS! That man is just starting to know what it is...but he's too stupid to understand it! He is the kind of 'Dr." that scares me from going to one...His vow was "Do no man harm"..HAHAHA! I guess 'killing' them is different! I hope he burns in HELL for what he has done! And anyone in Texas (or anywhere else) that wants him for a Doctor is a bigger fool than he is! He's just a 'Rich man...poor man..running scared' and begging for sympathy! NOT FROM MICHAELS FANS!!!!!

janicebyrne01

This killer quack needs to be sterilised or better still, castrated. A very LONG term in jail should put paid to his fathering a million more children....

shanti

It's so ridiculous what is happening. People are so naive. Is obvious that nothing will happen with Murray.

bla bla bla....

janalal4

28. Poor Dr. Murray.

First, I must say that I am a Michael Jackson fan - but I can't help feeling sorry for Dr. Murray. He was in such dire financial straits that he would do something so unethical. His lack of judgement in this whole matter. Until he has been convicted of a crime, he should be able to practice medicine (if anyone will go to him). Me on the other hand . . . he couldn't prescribe a bayer aspirin for me.

Posted at 1:40PM on Nov 23rd 2009 by yoli

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/23/conrad-murray-dea-texas-medical-board-investigation-d-e-a/2#c23340830#ixzz0Xi4K059S

Considering Murray freely admitted to violating the AMA guidelines 'standard of practice' r/e giving anesthesia in a home setting, why not play it 'safe' & give him a 'suspension pending investigation'?

I'm wondering why the female psychiatrist in the Anna Nicole Smith case had her license 'suspended' long before the trial started & how this case differs?

The way this article on the TX Med Board is worded sounds like the Tx Med Review Board is awaiting the findings of the DEA before they decide on how to proceed r/e suspension or revocation? I'm SURE they would have to have some 'legal' grounds before suspending a professional license someone relys on to earn their living.

I know that in the 'Nursing' profession. The 'board' investigates a 'complaint' & decides on whether or not to take action on the license. If 'suspension' is deemed necessary by the 'board' then the nurse receives a copy of the complaint & is given a designated time to RESPOND before the suggested 'action' by the board is taken.

Sounds like the phys. review board is making sure they have 'grounds' to suspect an act of malpractice which would come from the DEA I would think.

so wrong

Whitney rocked last night, had the audience in tears; she made it back, her comeback. Ah, that could have been Mike's return, can you imagine, the audience would have gone OUT OF THEIR MINDS to see him again. Out of their frickin' minds!

Wish Whitney and Mike would have done a duet together, would have been simply beautiful, those two talents. Thanks Dr. Hurry Murray, thanks for nothing!

We love you Michael Jackson, we love you then, now, always. Your music and words will never be forgotten.

RIP, MJ

so wrong

30. tell me, michael bought tmz?

the michael zone, i think!

MICHAEL JACKSON IS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD. I'M TIRED!

Posted at 1:45PM on Nov 23rd 2009 by MJalive

I kind of believe this too? Not sure, I pray, hope it's true, but I don't want to get my hopes up. There are too many people (law enforcement, DEA, involved for it to be a hoax).

??

so wrong

33. I cried when they announced Michael as the winner of the two
awards they showed on the AMA's...he won two others too! I

Yes, MJ won 4 awards. I cried too, i'm most certain a lot of people did, and for the haters, I don't think they understand how much Michael Jackson is loved and appreciated around this planet. The music industry loved - loves him too. He was pure genuis which will never happen again.

Sometimes you didn't realize what you had until it's gone. If only that could have been his return last night, for real.
He was and forever is BEAUTIFUL!

F@CK you Murray!

janalal4

36. YEP, no one even compares to MJ's talent, you hear them live and they're horrible. MJ was a gift, a talent, a genuis, pure music, pure love.

RIP, MJ

Posted at 1:59PM on Nov 23rd 2009 by hurry murray

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/23/conrad-murray-dea-texas-medical-board-investigation-d-e-a/3#comments#ixzz0Xi8Jp0HE

Yes, I wonder why that is too? Why didn't MJ duet with Whitney during their careers? Yes, MJ standing on that stage with the crowd on its feet. I loved how he would giggle waiting for the crowd to calm down so he could speak. Imagine MJ, a 'clean' MJ after completing his 'comeback concerts' at an awards event?! In good physical shape & a feeling of accomplishment & knowing that his fans loved him more than ever. (sigh) If only?

Whitney was awesome last night. Not exactly the Whitney voice of 'old days' but sounding better the longer she's been in recovery. She's even packing on a few pounds too! I always prayed she'd 'comeback' again & get away from that thug she was married to. That's what happens when you marry someone who isn't even in your league, they drag you down with them. Bobby Brown is a pig! A one-hit pig who will never amount to anything again from what I can tell because I think he's 'weak'. I've always thought Whitney was the 'strong' one in THAT relationship but I guess she didn't. Codependency SUCKS!

JJTTMJJ

janalal4

45. Well, if Dr. Murray was the one who killed Michael Jackson, then Michael Jackson was the one who gave him the gun and asked him to pull the trigger.

Posted at 2:26PM on Nov 23rd 2009 by JJTTMJJ

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/23/conrad-murray-dea-texas-medical-board-investigation-d-e-a/3#c23342012#ixzz0XiGELoJa

If I ask my doctor to douse my a@@ in gasoline & light a match to me then should he JUST DO IT BECAUSE I ASKED HIM TO? Murray should have run far, far away when MJ asked him to do this. MJ was just being an 'addict'. That is what an 'addict not in recovery' DOES. Why could Dr.quack-quack not file a legal complaint that he had requested this from him & that Murray was concerned for MJ's well-being? Sometimes addicts recover & sometimes they don't. Does that mean that you don't TRY to get them help? Bring the police to MJ's door then social services to swoop those kids up & I bet he would have found the motivation to stay clean! MJ needed psychiatric help to deal with his 'issues' or he was NEVER going to stay clean. I think he thought dealing with his 'stuff' would be too painful. That is the trouble with us addicts. We think our own addictions are SO UNIQUE.

MAYBE MURRAY COULD HAVE ACTUALLY MADE A DIFFERENCE THIS TIME. WHAT KIND OF FRIEND TAKES A 'PAYDAY' TO GIVE A 'FRIEND' THE STUFF HE NEEDS TO STAY SICK?

YES, F@CK MURRAY & ALL THE OTHERS WHO DID NOTHING.

Butterfly

Thanks to Whitney`s Mom for bring her back to earth,

no one did it for Michael, so sad !

They were in it for the money

@31 This was a contratual obligation between AEG, Michael via Tohmme and Dr. Murray. Dont you give your ins informations before you see a Dr? then you pay before and you have a contrat for services, the only thing you pay is co-pay unless you use your medical.
Are all you posters meglomaniacs or something? Michael could do no wrong-Bull Pucky! He sought out Dr's who would make him high and he used excuses with Dr. klein; with every Dr. he tried to use-he even USED his 'I Want To Buy Them' kids of his-used 'em on prescriptions, and used them to seek out a gullible and star struck Doctor-This is exactly what happened to Dr. Murray, stars in his eyes to be 'one of michael's chosen' via Tohmme. He needed money, michael or Tohmme offered money, he wentt here expecting to be his care Dr. in the UK, he NEVER had any inclination about propofol until he was asked to supply it for sleep-Another EXCUSE!
Micahel did die because of his want and need, but somebody other than Murray gave the fatal dose that killed him AND IT WAS NOT MURRAY!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments