Paula Deen Takes a Ham to the Face

11/23/2009 2:23 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Swine flew ... when somebody threw a packaged ham at an unsuspecting Paula Deen -- and it smacked her right in the face.

Paula Deen: Click to watch
According to CBS Atlanta, it all went down earlier today at an event for Hosea Feed the Hungry and Homeless.

"You know ... sometimes charity really hurts." -- Rocky III.

UPDATE: No need to worry ... we spoke to Paula's rep, who said Paula didn't break any bones or anything and was simply shaken up by the incident.

MT

I do have to say her husband seems either drunk or in a state of absolute blissful vindication, either way it's an inappropriate and very odd way to react to your wife being injured...even if he is from the South...

Aja

Suck it losers! Say all you want - Doesn't bother me one bit! :) I know I can sleep well at night without dead animals in my stomach or fur on my back! Sounds like those attacking me have the issues. Too bad Paula didn't get hit in the face with something bigger at a faster speed! MWAHAHAHA!!!!

Confused

I heart Paula Dean and her butter-infused recipes! Hope she's alright.

Jezzy

Good. It shut her up for a few seconds.

MT

AJA:
I going to go hunting this week, I'm going to take a shot at any deer that walks through my crosshairs. Then I'm going to legally take it to get weighed, tagged and then I'm going to butcher it. It is MY legal right in this country to do so and I sleep better on a belly full of meat than anything else...Oh BTW I'm the Chef of a local Vegan restaurant. Enjoy you're Tempeh!

Shaunta B.

Wow, what nasty comments!! Sounds like some of you are off your meds today. Time to take a "nice" pill.

I know plenty of people who do not wear fur that are disgusting and mean. What a thoroughly dumb a$$ comment!!!

It always amazes me the jealousy people have of successful celebrities. I don't care one way or the other about Paula Deen but the horrible comments are unecessary. Morons hiding behind computer screens comes to mind.

Rube

It was an accident.

nikki

Poor Paula :(

Aja

Yeah. We're jealous of her. That's it. You hit the nail on the head there, Freud.

Melissa

Poor Paula...first Kathy Griffin smacks her in the face with a switch and then she gets a ham in the face.

Cappy Lills Kid

No matter how much u dislike Paula Deen - NOBODY deserves to be assaulted with a deadly object.

I hope they caught they person who did this

Kimberly

I hope they caught the jerk who threw that! I love Paula & can see no reason for someone to do that to her! Idiots!!

Jackie

You all sure are nasty! I don't know why anyone would want to hit her w/ something, it would be like smacking my Grandma! I'm glad she isn't hurt too bad.

khall

the whole thing is terrible,what ever you belief is,she is an elder for god sake.

spdmonk

Take it off if you can't watch it anyways!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments