'Early Show' Censors Gay Kiss ... When It's Men

11/25/2009 3:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

As far as "The Early Show" goes, a kiss is just a kiss ... except when it's a male-on-male kiss.

Adam Lambert

During an interview on "The Early Show" this morning, Adam Lambert's AMAs same-sex face suck was blurred out -- but moments later they ran a completely uncensored version of Madonna and Britney's infamous 'lesbian' lip-lock at the MTV VMAs.

All along Adam has said, "...if it had been a female pop performer doing the moves that were on the stage, I don't think there would be nearly as much of an outrage." Dude may have a point.

TMZ called CBS for comment -- so far, their lips are sealed.

MinnesotaNice

@M....why so angry and mean spirited? Is this personal for you?

m

@TMZBoy,

There is a reason why we date, marry and sleep with men who are straight--we're attracted to them (if wearing make up and being straight are exclusive, I guess) and befriend the gays--they're non-threatening. We don't "dig" them in the sense that we want to BE with them--we just appreciate their physical beauty, as you would a hot lesbian. I actually heard quite a bit about this at a sociology lecture I attended a few years ago

m

MinnesotaNice,

Not angry at all actually. You seem to be the mean spirited one, though..calling his career done, for those who enjoy him, as if you have that knowledge and authority. That's all I was getting at.

J

You americans are soooo prude... Get over it... Damn!!!

Kerry

MTV is a cable channel, ABC is not! Use your manners Mr. Lambert please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa

I think it is ridiculous to be downing Adam L. when he is only showing his sexual side. There are many woman on awards shows that do the exact same thing & get by with it, so why all the drama on Adam. I've never heard him sing until that night & I thought he was awesome!! I'm not gay, but I don't have double standard opinions like so many others do! Madonna/Britney done it on TV. It doesn't matter if it was cable or not! It was on every News show there was for months! America needs to worry more about other things than a hot young gay man that likes to show his sexual side. By the way, HAVE ANY OF YOU WATCHED SOAP OPERAS LATELY? They are just as sexual!! Just saying!!

MinnesotaNice

@M..actually I happened to be a fan of Adam's, or I should say was a fan. He went the easy route...the cheap route and I feel as his fan I do have the authority to say what I think will happen with his career. I can do that by choosing not to purchase his music anymore. That doesn't make me mean spirited.

He went too far. He cheapened himself and set the gay movement back another 5-10 yrs! I'm disappointed that you can't see that. You can make good music and entertain without offending. AMA's on Primetime Sunday, pre-holiday weekend is NOT the place and venue to display that. He could've saved that performance for MTV. I agree CBS didn't need to blur the kiss, but bj's and simulating sex acts like that crossed a line.

m

Kerry,

Are you dense? CBS (not cable) re-aired both kisses and blurred Adam's but not the Madonna/Britney one. This has nothing to do with what MTV did.

m

@minnesota nice,
Not purchasing his music isn't what makes you mean spirited. The audacity you have, to exude such confidence that his career will be short lived simply because you do not like what his one performance, is mean is sound evidence in showing those who push the boundaries and make others uncomfortable, have the longest careers.

TMZBoy

ok "m" thanks, we're just keeping our options open...lol

Still might be a good idea on our part tho to do the make-up thing tho and keep the girls all around us...pawin' after us then after we feed all of them enough booze we could go in for the "real deal".

m

@minnesotanice:

oops. some of my comment got deleted.

Not purchasing his music isn't what makes you mean spirited. The audacity you have, to exude such confidence that his career will be short lived simply because you do not like his one performance, is mean spirited.

History is sound evidence in showing those who push the boundaries and make others uncomfortable, have the longest careers.

Carmen

What he did was nasty and just plain creepy and rude, It's sad that he had to go to that extreme just to get attention, I'm sad and I miss the Adam Lambert from American Idol, America got it right by voting for Chris Allen a true American Idol, Adam played it wrong! plain and simple!!!

maria

Who cares if he kissed a guy. Yes his performance was very sexually charged and maybe a bit innapropriate but that is the way things are heading. Every bit of controversy is more controversial than the last. The fact of the matter is that it's just simply adult content. If adults don't like it or if they are offended, then they should change the channel. When I watch the AMA's or any music awawrd show I expect that something controversial will happen and I also expect that it will have something to so with sex. As a result, I simply don't let my kids watch. For me its not a big dedal that he's gay and he kissed a guy on stage, although I understand that for a lot of other people that's a problem. Whatever! I don't let my kids watch Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus either. Britney puts on very sexually charged performances. That, along with her lack of clothing that covers her effectively is innapropriate for young viewers. And then there's Miley. 16 years old working a stripper pole! Need I say more? Now that's innapropriate! I think her parents are lacking some serious parenting skills if they would let their 16 year old in the same room with a stripper pole. Entertainer or not.

Santeria

It is a double standard just like when a girl goes with alot of boys she is a hoe but let a guy do it and he is a pimp! Most people want to see two girls go at it- hell I am a girl and I think it is hott! But two guys is less natural too much hair and balls for me but to each it's own I do not want to see two guys kiss and am glad I stop watching after Janet!!!

barry Gordy is genius

***********NEWSFLASH*************

IN THE HEART OF THE RECESSION, WITH GLOBAL WARMING AND ALL, he'd RATHER CRY ABOUT THAT CRAP??? WHAT A SELF-RIGHTEOUS A-HOLE.