GLAAD to CBS: Treat Us Like Equals!

11/25/2009 7:19 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

CBS' explanation for why they blurred Adam Lambert's man-on-man kiss ain't cuttin' it with the folks at GLAAD -- who claim the network is treating openly gay performers as second class citizens.

Adam Lambert

Jarrett Barrios, president of GLAAD -- the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation -- tells TMZ, "The Early Show's decision this morning to blur Adam Lambert's kiss from the American Music Awards reinforces an unfortunate double standard that is applied to openly gay performers."

Barrios adds, "I would have hoped CBS would provide the same treatment for images of gay and lesbian people and not create an unfair double standard that treats our community differently."

Candice

They have a channel for gay people (LOGO)..Put all that crap on there..I don't want to see it

unbelievable

Looks like GLADD is playing into Adam's kiss crap.

Sad, they don't bother to look at the worst of the sickening display.

Who cares about the kiss? That is what Adam wants everyone to focus on.

The real problem is, Adam decided to portray what goes on or what he wishes to go on in his bedroom and he expects all of America to be accepting and tolerant of it.

Well guess what? Most Americans do not run around out in public carrying on like that because it is not proper and he should not be allowed to or want to either. If straights carried on like that in public, they would be arrested! Adam is gay so we have to accept and tolerate this kind of behavior. I think not! He should have been arrested for that disgusting display in public!

Does this joker have even an ounce of morals or common sense? Looks to like he doesn't.

Keep this trash in your bedroom!

blues fan

Pink, what are your children doing up at 11 pm on a Sunday night watching tv???? That's the only way they could have seen it. I think you should worry less about what an entertainer does in his performance and worry more about your parenting skills.

beachy

It's amazing. ABC and CBS - their ratings both suck. They use this as a ratings booster. Silly them.

Sarah Palin rocks and Hollywood fears her. Woo hoo!

THISISIT again MJ breaks records

Why do these parents not want to take responsibility for their own kids. Stop blaming celebs for what you are not doing. Who has their young kids up after 11 at night watching a damn award show?

You go Glambert....I want to go down the rabbit hole with you. Wish you were straight.

He's just another Idiot

In Central Time the show was on at 9:00 o'clock. Stop blaming the parents. Lambert shouldn't have been so nasty and revolting even if it were 2:00 in the morning.

beachy

104. I'm so sick of the gays always having something to bi*ch about. They protest movies if there isn't a gay character (Star Trek), march, want to be married but don't want to have to deal with the same consequences of divorce as heteros and now this? What next? Are baby dolls going to have to go gay?

************

Amen! Ya know what? If you're gay - so be it. But when you shove that in my face - I will fight back. The public sentiment is swaying the UNGAY way. Whaaa! I'm sure the fruitcakes will argue this fact.

Let them prove it. Actually - Barry Hussein Obama is hurting their effort. AND IT FEELS SO GOOD! HMMMM... HMMM...HMMMM. RUSH HUDSON LIMBAUGH.

Actually, I bet few people even know why I added that - makes it even sweeter!

JLM

I am shocked that so many people on this site seem to think it is okay to say they hate gay people. That is flat out bigotry!! I believe the swill and hatred being expressed by these norrow minds is so much more disgusting than anything Adam did and I just comprehend it or understand how you think your cruelty, discrimination, and bigotry are fine.

Lisa-Centereach

OK...Back it down. I am a heterosexual female and have news for you. Don't want to see gay or straight, do that the S**t on t.v., when kids like to watch music awards. Adam Lambert's stunt was DISGUSTING. Personally, I don't mind PDA within reason, but a "performance" of oral sex, tonguing the guy and his other crap, was ridiculous.

Lesley Moss

Lets MOVE ON PLEASE. The kiss o.k. the going down on one another NOT. It is about music not theatre

Dave

As a gay man I was appalled by Adams performance and just as embarrassed by GLAAD. We want acceptance so we act like an idiot and label it is as art? Seriously? I don't care if he was gay or straight. You want to pull crap like that and have a network decide they don't want to risk having you on, it's because you're an idiot, not because you're gay. Wake up GLAAD. We have bigger battles than Adam Lambert. You're hurting us and you don't even realize it

Gayle James

This is such a crock. Adam Lambert is a no-body. The world is so screwed up and so is he. It is embarrasing for a grown man to act like this. I have not respect for gays, male or female. TV takes this on like this is a big deal. It is a big deal because Adam Lambert is a nobody and a putz (no joke intended. When are you, AMZ going to stop doing this kind of crap on the internet? Lambert should be banned from every TV station, everywhere in the universe. Families do not need to see this on TV.

sicko Lambert

we have to have social control...when is it going to stop...next we'll have a farmer having sex with a sheep on stage...homosexuality is so unnatural!!!!!!!

oprah

This letter was written by a honored WW II vet. He is well known in Hawaii for his seventy-plus years of service to patriotic organizations and causes all over the country. A humble man without a political bone in his body, he has never spoken out before about a government official, until now.He dictated this letter to a friend, signed it and mailed it to the president.

Dear President Obama,

My name is Harold Estes, approaching 95 on December 13 of this year. People meeting me for the first time don't believe my age because I remain wrinkle free and pretty much mentally alert.

I enlisted in the U.S. Navy in 1934 and served proudly before, during and after WW II retiring as a Master Chief Bos'n Mate. Now I live in a "rest home" located on the western end of Pearl Harbor, allowing me to keep alive the memories of 23 years of service to my country.

One of the benefits of my age, perhaps the only one, is to speak my mind, blunt and direct even to the head man.

So here goes.

I am amazed, angry and determined not to see my country die before I do, but you seem hell bent not to grant me that wish.

I can't figure out what country you are the president of.
You fly around the world telling our friends and enemies despicable lies like:
" We're no longer a Christian nation"
" America is arrogant" - (Your wife even
announced to the world,"America is mean-
spirited. " Please tell her to try preaching
that nonsense to 23 generations of our
war dead buried all over the globe who
died for no other reason than to free a
whole lot of strangers from tyranny and
hopelessness.)
I'd say shame on the both of you, but I don't think you like America, nor do I see an ounce of gratefulness in anything you do, for the obvious gifts this country has given you. To be without shame or gratefulness is a dangerous thing for a man sitting in the White House.

After 9/11 you said," America hasn't lived up to her ideals."

Which ones did you mean? Was it the notion of personal liberty that 11,000 farmers and shopkeepers died for to win independence from the British? Or maybe the ideal that no man should be a slave to another man, that 500,000 men died for in the Civil War? I hope you didn't mean the ideal 470,000 fathers, brothers, husbands, and a lot of fellas I knew personally died for in WWII, because we felt real strongly about not letting any nation push us around, because we stand for freedom.

I don't think you mean the ideal that says equality is better than discrimination. You know the one that a whole lot of white people understood when they helped to get you elected.

Take a little advice from a very old geezer, young man.

Shape up and start acting like an American. If you don't, I'll do what I can to see you get shipped out of that fancy rental on Pennsylvania Avenue. You were elected to lead not to bow, apologize and kiss the hands of murderers and corrupt leaders who still treat their people like slaves.

And just who do you think you are telling the American people not to jump to conclusions and condemn that Muslim major who killed 13 of his fellow soldiers and wounded dozens more. You mean you don't want us to do what you did when that white cop used force to subdue that black college professor in Massachusetts, who was putting up a fight? You don't mind offending the police calling them stupid but you don't want us to offend Muslim fanatics by calling them what they are, terrorists.

One more thing. I realize you never served in the military and never had to defend your country with your life, but you're the Commander-in-Chief now, son. Do your job. When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him. But if you're not in this fight to win, then get out. The life of one American soldier is not worth the best political strategy you're thinking of.

You could be our greatest president because you face the greatest challenge ever presented to any president.
You're not going to restore American greatness by bringing back our bloated economy. That's not our greatest threat. Losing the heart and soul of who we are as Americans is our big fight now.
And I sure as hell don't want to think my president is the enemy in this final battle.

Sincerely,
Harold B. Estes

When a 95 year old hero of the "the Greatest Generation"
stands up and speaks out like this, I think we owe it
to him to send his words to as many Americans as
we can.

beachy

Hey 131 -

You are shocked? Why? There are people that would tolerate your lifestyle but don't want it shoved down our throat. So when you whine and bitch about it - don't expect sympathy. Except for the Follywood crowd - and they'd sell their own mother's soul for a hit. Wow - that really means alot to THE REAL AMERICA. NOT.