TMZ Muffin Man -- No Maria Shriver

11/25/2009 5:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Maria Shriver ... did she get a special break yesterday when she went muffin/shoe shopping in Santa Monica, CA and left her SUV next to an expired parking meter? We decided to see for ourselves, and frankly ... we didn't do so well.

TMZ Muffin Man -- No Maria Shriver

TMZ's intrepid muffin-eating reporter, Gary, went to Peet's Coffee -- the scene of Maria's crime. Gary left his whip at an expired meter and went inside for an orange-cranberry muffin. Gary was gorging himself when he looked out the window and saw a parking enforcement lady drive up to his car and get out.

Gary ran outside and pleaded, "I'm sorry. My meter must have ran out. I was inside getting muffins that were very important. I'm leaving right now."

Her response: "Sorry, there's nothing I can do for you. That's the way it is." She proceeded to write Gary a $50 parking ticket.

In fairness, Gary did not have a Dignitary Protection deputy to plead his case.

But, Gary says, the muffin was "delicious."

UPDATE: We apologize to Gary's mother ... who was under the impression he was on a diet.

Fred Farkel

TMZ???

That is some pretty damn funny stuff.

amber

HA TMZ....good one! That's pretty damn funny.

Adi

classic lol

D.O.

The Muffin Zone FTMFW.

Balls has no Balls

Slow down on the muffin`s,one more you might pop!

barry Gordy is genius

He should've showes some skin.

Lizzie

I KNOW that lil ole Harvey IS gonna pay 4 that ticket!! Gary, you are grr888888!!

hdbrill1

AHAHAHAHAHA I love TMZ

bobbyozone

well, of course they're doing their job now, they got caught being nice.

Janet

That's so wrong!

Maria, it's simple. Always put money in the meter you've parked your car in front of. Never park your car next to a curb if the curb you've parked in front of is the color red. And never, never talk on your cell phone or text while the motor of your car is running and the wheels are turning. Remember, you must make Arnold proud and not continue to embarrass him and his position in government. ~ Otherwise, you may start being referred to as "one" of Villarigossa's women. . . and NO ONE, I REPEAT NO ONE wants that! Now, if the last statement doesn't get to you, you're a lost cause.

DS

The good news is now you can sue the state of California for preferential treatment and retire from TMZ. Maria Shriver is NOT an elected official.

desi_bell

Here in Toronto, if you drive away before the ticket can be placed on your windshield, it is NOT valid.

Chris

Muffin gate!! ROFL Too funny!!! Muffin and shoe shopping....these TMZ writers are so cute. :) I'm laughing out loud when I read this article. Keep up the good work!

Miss Lyss

Hey Gary, do you live in Drury Lane?

side note- PLEASE tell me this will be on the show tonight. XD

gary