« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods

Injured in Car Crash

11/27/2009 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Car Crash
UPDATE
-- According to Tiger's rep, he was in a "minor" accident, "admitted, treated and released today in good condition."

Tiger Woods
is in "serious" condition after being involved in a single car crash near his home in Florida early this morning.

The crash occurred at 2:20 AM in Windermere. He was taken to Health Central Hospital with facial lacerations.

Woods struck a fire hydrant and then a tree on a neighbor's property. The fire hydrant is reportedly less than 100 feet from his driveway.

Police say alcohol was not a factor. There were no signs of alcohol on the scene. We're told the police have yet to speak to Tiger.

The police report reads, "DRIVER HAD JUST PULLED OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY AT HIS RESIDENCE ... AS V1 BEGAN TO DRIVE ON DEACON CIRCLE, V1 STRUCK A FIRE HYDRANT. THE FRONT OF V1 THEN STRUCK A TREE ... THE DRIVER WAS TRANSPORTED TO HEALTH CENTRAL HOSPITAL. THE CRASH REMAINS UNDER INVESTIGATION AND CHARGES ARE PENDING."

We're told charges could range from DUI to reckless driving ... to nothing.

He was driving a 2009 Cadillac SUV. FHP says the airbags did not deploy.

Woods was by himself at the time.

His next scheduled event is December 3 in Thousand Oaks, Calif.

Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash
More Today in TMZ History

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

CFTACCS

I believe I commented before, and again glad you're okay, and you're going to be part of now, and especially being you, and if you don't mind just a few minutes to save 100 lives. Be ready pal. Number uno Distance with speed at all times. DISTANCE, DISTANCE, DISTANCE. It's going to save more lives than ever this year. We're up to 524 already, don't want to hit 537 (fatalities lost last year here in NJ). Good luck to us. Pass it on. Distance makes the difference. Things are going to change a lot with the littlest this year. Nothin but good

Eroticatoyz

I love the spin the Tiger Camp is trying to pull.
Does anything about this make sense to anyone out there?
Why in the world would she have to smash out the back window when there are 5 doors to an escalade that she could of just opened. I think tmz is right in reporting this story.
A - Fight for Cheating
B - The window was smashed by her as Tiger drove down the driveway
C - Tiger cant drive

Donah

So what.. he may have had an argument with his wife... I don`t know.. I wasn´t there.. so he it anFH and he hit somebody´s tree... a bit of colletoral damage... and do we have to make a big splash of it ?? I´d make a big splash about the airbags not working... that´s what I would be screaming about.. Not becaus I ran over a Fire Hydrant and did not even fell a tree.... So.. should he be charged ??... His driver license revoked ?? Hey Poleece...I´ve got a couple of terrorists in my yard... could you take off some time and move them out ?? Tiger can pay for the community damage he caused, the FH and the tree... he´s got some spare loot.. so don´t make such a fuss about Tiger... Don´t upset hme.... He´t got to win the next couple of puts... Thát´s what I want him to do.... He´s my sports hero.. Now MOVE.... Gangway folks... From this GripeVine.... & Donah !!

atragon

WTF does TMZ stand for anyway - Too Much Zoloft?

Jeff

Tiger, I feel your pain. I have been attacked by a crazy spouse before. You just want to get away. Wonder what club she was swinging? I think she was trying to break his putter. The one he can't keep at home in his pants.

deborah patterson

I am sure Elin feels badly now that she has gotten busted for her domestic violence but none the less she is a criminal and should be treated like one just as Chris Brown was!!!!Women kill just like men domestic violence should not be predicated on the color of the skin but when it comes to black skin it is so lets see if the justice system makes a change this time!!!!!She has income protection in her children so why should she care who 'services'him as long as he respects and protects himself,he is no different from a president,movie star,athlete men will f*** a pig with a wig LOL.Haul her in humiliate her like you did Chris Brown ,Mr/Ms/Mrs District Attorney-the voters are watching!!!Harvey Levin we love us some TMZ continue to be motivated by haters.Tell the truth shame the devil Elin you were angry he tried to walk away you grabbed a club ran after him beating him then the car he lost control and after all that if he did screw the whore what did your actions change???The next time he will chose a better class of WHORE LMAO!!!Just be thanksful for what you got for your skills I am sure it pays better than 'nanny'and he had no children for you to watch then LMAO!!You are a criminal and guilty of domestic violence,aggravated assault,assault with a deadly weapon-you need anger management classes go down there and speak to Shane Oneal about what black need and want and how to get revenge LMAO!!!!!

rob

tiger is the man. he would never cheat on his wife that is rediculous. so what if they dont want everyone to know there business. he is still on top.

Rena

I believe he has a BAD temper!!!! Playing golf he showed BAD sportmanship!!!

marlene

If he was under the influence of pain pills and this accident was caused because he was drunk from that he is responsible. Even if a person takes prescription medicine they are not to drive a car if it impairs their ability to drive. The whole piece about him cheating on his wife and she striking the vehicle he drove with a golf club does not look at all. It sounds like a domestic abuse issue. How fast things add up when one is a celebrity. How fast things can all go bad.

MSharp

come on people, he's not a saint. Man cheats, takes painkillers,wife freaks and chases him out of the driveway with a golfclub. That's the way it would be reported for any other family in the world. this happens in marriages every day. International news? I think not.

Tgreiner

Ok, well Tiger's not the first husband & father to get in a heated
argument w/ his spouse and react by driving off in a huff; however because he damaged public property (fire Hydrant & Tree) he owes the FHP a full explanation of what transpired & it would be my belief that the longer he puts this off the more damaging it could be. Separately any details of Tiger's personal life are really not anybodys business even the FHP & especially the Media who inevitably misrepresnt the facts in effort to win more attention at others peoples expense. Get the police report, charge Tiger with his traffice offense (possibly reckless driving) & then leave the man alone.

babygirl

I personally think that tiger woods is trying to get out of his marriage with his wife that's why he doing what he do best to cheat

Debbie

A cheat is a cheat!! I hope is wife takes their childern and leaves him!! Tiger protrays a loving, caring husband and father, however, we now know he nothing but a cheat!! He'll promise to never cheat again, HE WILL!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9