Vegas Mayor

Rips 'Fat and Short

Bette Midler'

11/28/2009 7:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One sign Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman might be a bad auctioneer: He turned down the highest bidder ... and then called her a "fat and short Bette Midler."

Oscar Goodman: Click to watch
The Mayor let the unbelievable diss loose at a recent auction in Sin City, after a woman he repeatedly said looked like the Divine, red-haired, Vegas performer entered a bid of $2,750 for the item on the auction block.

In the video -- shot from a distance -- Goodman says he won't accept her money because "she's fat and she's short."

The other auctioneer quickly tried to steer the auction back on track ... but the damage had been done.

Going once, going twice ... cold!

janicebyrne01

This horrible little turd seems to have all the charm of a sewer in full spate.

Jessica

Oscar has a lot nerve, has that pathetic POS looked in the mirror lately. He's Fugly inside and out.

Disgusting

You mean that fat bald old ugly useless sexist man said that?

sparkys nemesis

...and he's bald, old and homely. Hmmm, some of the best people I know are short and some (not all) of the dumbest aren't.

Me!

What happens in Vegas SHOULD stay in Vegas!
No one else wants him!

cboh

Just another corrupt government offical ahole who thinks he is a comedian just because he is Jewish. Dude your old and lonely.

Maybe Bet's lawyer will sue him....

lola

Anyway, nobody outside the US even knows him but we still love Bette!! Love and peace from Germany !! Christmas time !

Coco

A point that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas is not true.

Grammar nazi

What do you expect? LV is not full of the brightest bulbs in the box. I recently left after 38 years because it is now full of trash people. I was around when he was a mob lawyer, and I can't believe he was elected. He has gentrified Las Vegas and made a wreck of things. Look at the people who generally make the money in this town. I knew a waitress who made 90k/year and a butler who made over 100k. They make money but they aren't educated so the place is a mess.

why?

I am glad I moved out of Nevada!

Me!

Coco, #29 - it's a joke!
Of course no one wants this guys insulting people.
Free advice - it's a joke! A play on the obvious!

Geeze . . . .

lvegan

I was there. We were participating in this auction. I can tell you with great certainty that this is perhaps the LEAST offensive and outrageous thing he said. He went on, and on and on and on and on. I also know some of the people around me were filming too.

Me!

They just omitted a comment - now #28 is Coco -
And it's still a joke!

lvegan

Plus, TMZ, you have your story wrong: it was Bette Midler herself he was repeatedly disparaging, not the bidder. I am 100% sure of this. He "hates" her; why would anyone want to go see her? she's fat, she's short, she's a short, fat pig, etc, etc. He threw insults at her the entire time he auctioning off her tickets. And again, this was one of about 12 items auctioned. You should do a little research to hear what else he said. The whole room was dumbfounded.

Mister D

what a sad, sad little town

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments