Vegas Mayor

Rips 'Fat and Short

Bette Midler'

11/28/2009 7:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One sign Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman might be a bad auctioneer: He turned down the highest bidder ... and then called her a "fat and short Bette Midler."

Oscar Goodman: Click to watch
The Mayor let the unbelievable diss loose at a recent auction in Sin City, after a woman he repeatedly said looked like the Divine, red-haired, Vegas performer entered a bid of $2,750 for the item on the auction block.

In the video -- shot from a distance -- Goodman says he won't accept her money because "she's fat and she's short."

The other auctioneer quickly tried to steer the auction back on track ... but the damage had been done.

Going once, going twice ... cold!

kerrybabyxx

So did Bette buy the item?I was surprised she didn't fire back and say anything,knowing how outspoken she is.

Noirsilk

How rude, Better Midler? She has done so much for the city what has this drunk done? She hella a better person than that slosh hog is.

jill92802

moron

SoCal Razzles

What a crazy old fart...people in Las Vegas are retards.

brian

she is short and fat. what is the problem

lvegan

Once again, your story, which the Las Vegas Review-Journal has picked up, is wrong. I was there. I could correct you if you were interested in being accurate.

JJ

Ya he was extremely stupid for those comments

Oscar is actually a great mayor of Las Vegas, so much so the city changed term limits on mayors so that he could run again if he wanted to

Jess

I've seen our mayor a few times in person he is gross ! Im serious he has the most bulbous purple nose ever seen. I just stared at it I couldn't take my eyes off of it ! His daughter also had to make it known to me who she was one day when I didnt need to know lol

Ziggy

My life improved 100% since I left Vegas. A town built on hookers and ripping people off and known worldwide as Sin City... what else would you expect from the drunk Mayor. Old Oscar needs to go on a rampage about all the top entertainers who headline the strip. Yeah, that would boost the sagging Vegas economy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3