« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods Injuries

Caused by Wife,

Not SUV

11/28/2009 10:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods did not suffer facial lacerations from a car accident. They were inflicted by his wife, Elin Nordegren -- according to a conversation Woods had Friday after the accident.

Tiger Woods
Tiger has yet to be formally interviewed by the Florida Highway Patrol -- that should happen this afternoon. But we're told Tiger had a conversation Friday -- with a non-law enforcement type -- detailing what went down before his Escalade hit a fire hydrant.

We're told he said his wife had confronted him about reports that he was seeing another woman. The argument got heated and, according to our source, she scratched his face up. We're told it was then Woods beat a hasty retreat for his SUV -- but according to our source, Woods says his wife followed behind with a golf club. As Tiger drove away, she struck the vehicle several times with the club.

Tiger WoodsWe're told Woods became "distracted," thought the vehicle was stopped, and looked to see what had happened. At that point the SUV hit the fire hydrant and then hit a tree.

We're also told Woods had said during the conversation Friday he had been taking prescription pain medication for an injury, which could explain why he seemed somewhat out of it at the scene.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Katie Kay Holmes

Shame on you women for supporting violence. If the shoe was on the other foot, i.e a woman sleeping around and getting beaten up by the husband, you'd all be calling for him to go to jail, and saying that he obviously wasn't keeping her satisfied at home. Now that it's a woman doing the bashing you all say good on her. Are you out of your minds?
If Tiger wasn't getting the love he needs at home then good on him for going elsewhere. If his wife doesn't like it then she should leave him, not get ugly and start smashing him and his car up. Grow up people. Violence is unacceptable.

Lisa

I couldn't resist. Get your Team Elin Tshirt here.

Elin...got her HO in one.

Joann

I knew damn well there was more to this story. It was so suspicious why this man would be going out at 2:30 AM in the morning and running into things if he was not high off of alcohol or drugs.

He was running away from his wife because she was about to crack his head open with that golf club. LOL.

Joshbb

The ignorance about Elin Nordegren here is amazing. She is the daughter of a former Swedish cabinet member and a famous Swedish news personality. She had great grades and was on her way to enter a very tough to get into education in Sweden (where women don’t live off their men) when she met Tiger during a stint working as nanny for Parnevik in the US. Tiger was begging and begging to get her to see him and she finally gave in. Parnevik who was the reason they met said Tiger was lucky as hell to get her instead of a US gold digger. The fact that TZM is making an effort to post unfavorable pictures of this girl (who is a stunner) seems to indicate they have their agenda set up. Now, I am a great fan of Tiger and I think it is sad that their personal life has to be exposed and I feel for them both having to live like this. Elin has never tried to take the spotlight (like other golfer’s wifes) and has always been loyal to Tiger’s wish for privacy. If they ever separate it will be interesting to see if she has been influenced by the crazy environment they live in enough to go after his cash. The Elin he met never would have.

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

Assault with a deadly weapon. I did 30 days for assault and battery for just beating up a guy in a fist fight so she should get 6 months for using a golf club. She could have killed him. Women are killing people left and right now-a-days including children. If you doubt me Google it.

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

124 Joshbb Shut your trap. Nobody cares about a biography. She's a man beater. She is subject to the laws just like everyone else. "Lucky to have her". You're an idiot. If a woman goes after a man with a golf club do you honestly think this was the first time she has gotten violent? I suggest you do some research into domestic violence and quit giving lectures on Enviornmental Conditioning.

Euromum

I have no idea what the truth is but as a swedish citysen I am pretty shure that it is not likely that Elin could have done that. We just do not grow up liking violance. Behaving like that is an absolutaly NO GO for a swedish woman. I do not belive in this story. I also still belive in Tiger and Elins marriage. Tiger never seemed to be this classis primitive kind of an alpha man like the Donald. I hope that has not changed and I am right.

Euromum

Hi Joshbb
Love what you write and I am totally with you. Lets found a club
:-O) Bettina in Sweden
HEJA ELIN!!!

Joshbb

**************

***************
Wow, great manners.

Try reading what I wrote again, I was quoting Parnevik in the “lucky” comment. What I wrote was in reply to those saying she was a gold digger who got lucky, nothing could be further from the truth when they met (what she has become since after giving up her own life, who knows).

As for the domestic violence, I never defended such if it turns out there was any. If she is guilty I hope Tiger does what he thinks needs to be done and file charges. If he cheated on her and she was loyal taking care of their two kids, I hope she does what she thinks needs to be done and leaves him to start over without going after his cash that she does not need (and makes sure the kids get to spend time with both parents).

My guess is that we will see neither of those things happen if the facts here are right though. Of course we do not know either to be true since only gossip-rags are writing about it. Time will tell, meanwhile I hope Tiger will recover to keep entertaining us with wonderful golf.

Lisa

www.cafepress.com/fresnolisa

Go TEAM ELIN!!!!

Dep

LOL :))

Go http://xedep.vn

moveover

Ha ha ..... and what trailer park are they living in again?

gutsygirl

What parallel universe do many of you live in? It doesn't matter what your status is...when a man cheats with two small babies at home...what woman wouldn't try to have at him? Anger management, my arss...that is pure raw emotion...and he's to blame!

Just another god with clay feet. You'd have thought he was smarter than Jim Nantz.

B

You Go Elin Nordegren-Woods!!!! Tiger promised to be faithful when you got married!!! I also agree with #15, too.

gia

Oh, for goodness' sake, woman, don't fall down to Chris Brown's level. Divorce the sucker and strip the shirt off his back, that would feel far better than taking a golf club to his car.