« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods: My Bad!

11/29/2009 3:27 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger WoodsTiger Woods just posted the following statement on his site:

"As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.

This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again.

This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.

The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.

This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mary

This is no longer about his privacy but a golf career that has been tossed away for lustful moments with a supposed event planner when he had not only a lovely wife but beautiful children as a result of the union. I honor the fact that he would (finally) show some respect toward his wife and protect her against prosecution in a potential domestic violence case caused by his infidelity; however, this is about Tiger Woods who had his followers fooled and, ultimately, surfaced as a narcissistic enigma.

charlene

How pathetic are you , Tiger Woods!! Be a man!! She should be in jail. You can't even defend yourself??!! What kind of example are you setting for your children???!! She's a sorry excuse of a woman and a complete low life. Next time she'll do something much worse---not only to you, but your children as well. Wake up!!! Send the witch back to sweden. If it was the other way around, you would be handcuffed in a prison cell somewhere. She does'nt deserve you at all. Actually, your mistress is much more beautiful. That excuse of a wife looks like a haggard witch. MAN UP

Keith

Here's the real issue:

How does a guy hit a fire hydrant and a neighbor's tree doing less than 10 MPH out of his driveway?

His face was admittedly cut/clawed. No blood on the steering wheel according to the police. The police (nor any other rational homo sapien) can't understand how a 128lb Swedish model wife was able to "rescue" him from a rear window of an SUV that was smashed in by a golf club.

Translation: domestic violence whereby in the early morning, he was assulted by his wife (as was his vehicle), and possbibly knocked silly enough to be unable to properly navigate his vehicle a distance of over 30 feet upon his exodus/escape from the premesis.

Fun times!

Like Accenture's mottosays : "Go on - be a tiger."

jan

We should respect Tiger's wishes, it's his life & he has 2 beautiful children & lovely wife. It's only there business what goes on in there private life. People always assume that if you are rich & famous you don't have problems like regular people & that is just not true. Tiger is a HUMAN BEING with a super talent. God Bless him & his family.

charlene

I'm a MAN, Tiger! And you act like a total disgrace of a man. You are a whimp and an idiot to present the public with a rediculous statement such as that. We WERE your fans....but now you are making excuses for a women, your (so-called-wife) that could have killed you!!!?? What kind of message are you sending?! She could harm your kids! Leave that witch.

charlene

You married a white nanny??!! What a disgrace! To deny your own and the color of your skin, and then be faced with an abusive, sick, gold digger??!! Send the bitch back to where she came from! ----A VERY ANGRY BLACK WOMAN

olddrunk

The MOST high-larious thing about this story is that some of you are taking up for him. Yes. She's crazy. Right. He's a saint. I'd have nailed him with a putter. Putter there, then putter there, again.

puddintang

You people don't know if he's being abused by his wife. You don't know if the accident was caused by her or him. All you have are rumors circulated and perpetuated by TMZ. It's nobodies business why he was leaving at 2am. I run out at 2am every now and then if I need something. Big deal. I've been known to run out even later than that and it has nothing to do with marital problems. Not everyone is in bed by 9pm. Now we got somebody on here spewing racism. Really? Racism? Are you serious? These comments are ridiculous.

Terrence

#20 - YOU'RE the racist. He's half Thai and otherwise just another American of mixed race, so STFU and go find yourself a husband - of any color.

BaadBoy

No Tiger, it's not a private matter. Once you left your house and got behind the wheel of a vehicle while under the influence of pain killers, it became a PUBLIC matter. Your wife beating the snot out of your SUV with a golf club while you're driving intoxicated and crashing into a tree is NOT private. Had it not been for the tree you crashed into, you may have injured or killed someone in another vehicle.

If you want privacy then stay in your house and take your butt kicking like a man!

Terrence

Argh, sorry - meant #22

christy

I find some of the idiotic statments on here amazing.( This is only a family matter leave it alone.) ( You wouldnt understand unless married) Well if she attacked him and I believe it happened then that is a crime period. The fact he is refusing to be seen is bullcrap and arrest him for interfering with an investigation. If he had nothing to hide his statment would of been given along time ago. He is trying to hide what she did period. As for not understanding unless married, well moron I have been married 11 1/2 years and have never scratched up my husbands face or chased him with a golf club, or even had him crash his vehicle trying to get away from me. So no this is not a married thing. This is spousal abuse, not a family matter and she needs to be punished. She and Tiger are not above the law.

Grandma

In NYS you will TALK to the police. Just because you have money, you think that you get way with something. You are ruining your own image.

Pistol

His first paragraph said it all. The rest is camouflage. He did cheat.

Bigshott

to: -A VERY ANGRY BLACK WOMAN

Like you have a shot at Tiger. This is exactly why black athletes dont marry black women. They are full of themselves, and mostly ugly and wear wigs.

This wouldnt have happened to Tiger if he had just followed his Vows, and stayed faithful.

I can guarantee you that Phil Mickelsons career will benefit from this greatly. Maybe he should send Tiger a Thank You card and a Get Well card. LOL.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments